McMillan
Years ago

Will vanderjagt get a pro job?

Mobile 7 footer who can dunk, move well, defend, and has a surprisingly good mid range jumper.

Why can't he get an Nbl job? You would think he'd be a lock, solid for blaze/crocs and dominates qbl.

What are his supposed weaknesses? Perhaps body strength?

Topic #29069 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Weaknesses - a tad slow and sometimes foul prone. Gets beaten by his man for position due to his slow reaction times. No upside at this point - he's reached his potential.

Doesn't have the best touch around the rim - hands arent great.

Big body with a great work ethic. Can really hit that middle range jumper nowadays.

All of that said, I would gladly have him on my Crocs over Ben Allen. Deserves a pro job, especially considering he doesnt cost much.

Reply #375958 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Yeah I really think Vanderjagt has developed into a player that would be great for most NBL sides. It was really disappointing when he under utilised at the Blaze but when he was on was an efficient scorer and good inside presence, but I think Joey Wright has an aversion to playing big men and prefers to have players play outside of position for a smaller line up. Agree Mick he deserves a position on an NBL squad.

Reply #375975 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It is a classic example of why we need more teams, as if the sheer numbers of how few Australians are pro basketballers doesnt say enough.

Had the NBL stayed at 12-odd teams Greg probably would have had a very steady career. If Brisbane and BA ever get their act together he could make a handy back-up C for the Bullets.

Reply #375976 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:37 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754