Jack Toft
Years ago

ABL Finals Week 2 – And then there were 4…

Women:
First SF: Apple Munchers v Lionesses @ Wayville @ 6:30
Forestville are under more pressure than an Olympic timekeeper as they look to prove they are the real deal. Surely tumbling out of the race so early would be embarrasing and would be an epic Epic Fail. Lion supportors will be looking to turn Wayville Waterpark into Lions-ville as they seek revenge for last year's loss. With both club supporters wearing blue, the stands might be as blue a the water in the Greek Isles. Sadly for Lions fans, Forestville and wins go together like the CIA and dirty tricks (a big shout out to Julian Assange). No fairy tale for Toddy, third time lucky perhaps?

Second SF: Norwood v North @ MARS @ 6:30
Norwood have been setting the standard in the competition, but North have been setting the pace. North have lost 1 of their last 17 and carry form into the game. Only Forestville have really troubled the Norwood team this year so the next time they want to meet them on court is next year. The North team has been the quiet achiever with Mansfield and Peris the noticable standouts yielding stats any coach would be proud to see. Norwood have easily chewed up North and spat them out this season with Foley destroying their hopes both times. Barry better do his homework this week if he wants a GF spot. If Foley can be tamed they have a chance. Like two spoilt kids fighting over an inheretance, both have a good reason to get a GF spot, but Norwood’s reason not to be there is gooderer.

Men:
First SF: Norf v Norwood @ Hillcrest @ 7:00
Norf with no excuses to loose tonight, but I get the feeling Norwood might be one of those teams that is like that pesky mate we all have who punches above his weight and seems to pick up rich Swedish backpackers instead of check out chicks from Paralowie. The battle this year has been one sided, but anything is possible in finals and Norwood could steal the season from them if they plan it well. Tin shed to be ripped down by angry fans if Norwood do! North to win.

Second SF: Sturt v Feagles @ Pasadena @ 7:15
I guess the game starts a bit later to allow the Eagles some travelling time. The Feagles sent a warning to Sturt last round and tonight they get set to swoop into enemy territory book a spot in the GF. They have not raised too much of a sweat against the Smurfs this season and looked as dangerous as a shark with rabies and as pleasant as lift occupant with garlic breath. But Sturt know more successful plays than Barney Stinson and expect to bag a win tonight so this will be a great game. Feagles looking too good though and will get to the GF at the expense of the Smurfs.

Topic #29076 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

"But Norwood's reason not to be there is gooderer"
GOLD

Reply #376057 | Report this post

Rock  
Years ago

I hope you mean the rich swedish backpackers are female, Jack ...........

Reply #376063 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

of course, or whatever takes your fancy ;0

Reply #376069 | Report this post

MWP  
Years ago

Some might say it's poetic justice if the 'Apple Munchers' get bounced in straight sets out of the finals. The Basketball Gods have their ways & means of righting wrongs.

Reply #376076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go F/Ville women!!

Reply #376082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flames men to win easy

Reply #376083 | Report this post

The Medic  
Years ago

Looks like the Woofing Gods have been invoked.....

Reply #376084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood men easy - the older returned players to North look too tired to keep up with Norwood for 40 minutes. Norwood by plenty

Reply #376093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Feagles and Flames men are best two sides. Will be a gf rematch between both the sides.

Reply #376104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, centrals women were terrible!! Just copped a thrashin. Go F/Ville!!

Reply #376157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

norwood men look super deadly.

Reply #376166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North women hard to stop!!

Reply #376167 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Forestville women 100 to 44

Reply #376169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow thats an embarassing finals game for Centrals. North, Forestville this year I think.

Reply #376170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sabres men over Forrestville by a point. John Marriot hitting a free throw after the siren to win it. Great game to watch.

Side note ... the short ref is not ready for ABA finals just yet.

Reply #376176 | Report this post

ceres16  
Years ago

Based on what we saw tonight, I agree. A few weeks back I saw him umpiring Friday night games and he was just as terrible there.

Reply #376180 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Norwood men go home with Swedish backpackers!

Reply #376181 | Report this post

Rock  
Years ago

Again Jack,
I hope they are female and prefer the other sex

Reply #376182 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

LOL

Reply #376184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another Norwood forestville final in the men's next week. Let's hope it's another classic between true rivals as it has been in previous years!

Reply #376208 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Agree Anon08. This is the real GF.

Norwood has the game plan and personnel to roll the Eagles and take the flag by plenty next week.

Reply #376247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Noooooooooooorrrrrrrwwoooooooooooooood!!!!

Reply #376257 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Go, North Women.................

Reply #376273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh, that's a pity about Centrals women - such a nice group of girls who have such respect for those around them ... or not.

Olivia Thompson is hands-down the best player in the comp.

Reply #376352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Olivia is good but give me Tess anyday at the moment.

I didnt see the Norwood North Women's game but how the hell could Norwood lose that with their stacked team and coaching panel. Are the Adelaide Lightning picking the right players?!?!

Reply #376354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Their coaching panel? Pretty sure simon is away with the national junior girls

Reply #376361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

gonna be a North/ Forestville womens GF and Sturt/ Norwood mens GF.

Reply #376378 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:58 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754