Venom
Years ago

Taipans re-sign Kerry Williams as backup PG

7News announced Kerry Williams signed as backup PG for the 12/13 NBL season.

Not overly surprised as he is a cheap option allowing for more $$ on an import big (expected to be announced soon pending paperwork). Based on form to date, he has been patchy and TO prone, but comes good in the clutch. Injury free with a full preseason to get fit with the full squad should see him get back to his form 3 years ago when he was chosen for Boomers camp.

If he fails to live up to his potential, Shaun Bruce is breathing down his neck and impresses everytime he touches the ball (this kid will be playing in a roster spot in 12 months - heard it hear first)

Topic #29105 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

THE Skytrans Cairns Taipans are pleased to announce the re-signing of Cairns local and Far North fan favourite Kerry Williams for the 2012/13 season.

The 5'11" point guard played in all 28 games for the Snakes last season after missing the entire 2010/11 season due to a serious knee injury he suffered in a pre-season game. Williams will, once again, join forces with Jamar Wilson to forge a formidable back court combination.
Williams is currently leading the Cairns Bartercard Marlins charge to the QBL playoffs, averaging 10.8 points per game and 5.1 assists. His hard nose defense combined with his control of the offense was a major influence in head coach, Aaron Fearne, making his final decision.

"Kerry has had a strong off-season in the QBL and we are confident he will take his current form into the NBL season.”

β€œHe understands our offensive and defensive systems and after having a good QBL season and injury free pre-season I am expecting him to have a greater impact this year.”

Williams is the final contracted Australian player to join the Snakes, with an import announcement still to come.

Reply #376613 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Taipans will not win a championship with Kerry as back up PG. Shaun Bruce is more than breathing down Kerry's back. He will take his spot within weeks. Kerry is out of shape and lacks motivation. Can't shoot, cant finish but agree is D is very good.

Reply #376618 | Report this post

Anonalso  
Years ago

Kerry came off a major knee surgery last season and didn't have any confidence. You will see a new man this time around and he will get back to the boomer camp form. Bruce is good, but lacks the experience (I also think Daly is better than him as well as Shaun Gleeson.) Bottom line Kerry is the right choice at the moment, especially if he works hard.

Reply #376666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daly was never and will never be good enuff to play nbl

Reply #376673 | Report this post

Anonalso  
Years ago

Daly had 26 I believe in an NBL game, is this not good enough?

Reply #376674 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think 12 is his career high. He did score something like 26 against the Serbian (?) uni games teams, from memory.

Reply #376681 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Kerry Williams?

Boomer camp form?

Reply #376691 | Report this post

Here Mick, read up on Kerry.

http://hosting3.sportingpulse.com/www.basketball.net.au/index.php?id=750

Reply #376702 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Holy Jesus. That's reaching.

I suppose, if Ben Allen can get an invite...

Reply #376881 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:15 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754