Ronny
Years ago

What has happened to Dan Dillon?

Will his arrogance leaving Cairns cost him? Will he regret walking out on his Melb 2 year deal? Why did he fall out with both clubs? Will any team touch him again?

He obviously has the talent to play NBL but will he be left stranded this season?

Topic #29114 | Report this topic

Gary  
Years ago

Probably. He's pretty full of himself.

Reply #376592 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Didnt he also leave unceremoniously from his College in the US?

Reply #376594 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

If he doesn't get a gig looks like it'll be a long summer getting ready for SEABL next year

Reply #376599 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Might be able to pick up a position replacing an injured player?

Reply #376603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he is so good he can go to europe

Reply #376604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Disappointing. The boy can play. Would love to
See him bak in the league

Reply #376606 | Report this post

McMillan  
Years ago

Whys he so full of himself if he's only a fringe Nbl player?

He's born 1986 so should be more mature by now. Also has achieved very little to date.

Reply #376608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bounced around from Tigers (as a training player), Dragons, Taipans, Tigers (again) and supposedly was signed by the Blaze until they folded.

Reply #376616 | Report this post

ant  
Years ago

All that talent and has really only made decent money in one of his 26 years.

Reply #376629 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Rated 6 points.. So that pretty much keeps him off Wollongong's radar. They've also got their back court wrapped up.

He wanted to leave Melbourne (rumoured) Mid season after the Seamus/Ubaka thing happened but was advised to stick it out until seasons end. Waited out for the Blaze situation to resolve and obviously got the short end of the stick.

I'm sure he could try for a poor Euro team..

Reply #376637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Russia.. Reported 8-12 thousand per month in there super league..

Reply #376638 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

What happened to Ayinde Ubaka?

Reply #376643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon- u talking about Dan dillon reportedly heading to Russia ? Very interesting

Reply #376652 | Report this post

Gary  
Years ago

I think he was talking hypothetically regarding Russia.
Lots of players are full of themselves for absolutely no reason...

Ayinde just had a baby..well not him, his partner.

Reply #376689 | Report this post

Maxx  
Years ago

It was actually Ron Dorsey that just had a baby...well not him, his partner.

Reply #376693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too many quality players missing out on a gig

Reply #376699 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

There are still some roster spots open. Even more when you exercise the option of carrying 11 players.

I wouldn't mind him on my team.

Reply #376711 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Crocs do have room for him points wise I think. Even with the 10 they have signed, they still have 9 points up their sleeve I believe.

Reply #376714 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I just hope the Crocs front office reads hoops.com.au, Skip.

We could definitely use his unique skillset and positional versatility.

Reply #376720 | Report this post

Gary  
Years ago

I think you will find Ayinde also has a baby as well as Dorsey. Not that it is the topic.

I guess Dillon will learn not to break the hand that feeds you (i.e Cairns, Melbourne)

Reply #376726 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Don't blame him for leaving Melbourne after all the crap that goes on there. He just left for the wrong club.

Reply #376758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dan's not an established NBL level talent by any means which means he needed to have a decent winter season somewhere, ideally in SEABL, the fact he played BigV and had a mediocre winter made his chances even more difficult of being picked up.

Reply #376781 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

When will players learn that playing in the BIG V league reduces their market value. It's a crap league and will do nothing for your career. You need to be playing SEABL or head over to the NZNBL in the off season. Dan chased the quick cash and has paid for it now.

Reply #376835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's got nothing to do with state leagues, it is how you play in the NBL. In Daniel's case, it was probably what his agent was asking for and what teams were prepared to give.

Reply #376839 | Report this post

Gary  
Years ago

I agree with above. The league you choose in state league has nothing to do with whether you get chosen for an NBL side. Dillon has played enough NBL for coaches to know whether they like him or not. And BigV isn't that bad, SEABL is completely overrated! I've played in both and there isn't an enormous difference other than travel. Regardless of all that, he obviously just chose the wrong club to sign with (blaze) and yeah the agents asking price/points etc would all have a lot to do with it. He is easily good enough to be on an NBL team so his state league chose means zilch.

Reply #376861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct Gary.. Trigger played bigv. So Taipans should release him if they find out haha

Reply #376887 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Big V or SEABL doesn't matter to much to the established guys like Trigger as it is all about NBL form. It only matters to fringe guys and even then plenty of guys get a look in from Big V/QBL/SEABL.

Alot of it comes down to being part of strong/finals teams that win games and putting up decent numbers consistently in those teams weather it be BigV/SEABL/QBL.

Reply #376891 | Report this post

Venom  
Years ago

Trig went back to Melb the other week for the Eltham finals weekend - was hoping he was heading down to seal the deal with DD but Kerry got signed instead (:+)

Reply #376916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would def prefer to see Dan dillon suiting up for us then k.williams. But no doubt cheaper option

Reply #376996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You are in th minority if you want Dillon ahead of Kerry.

Reply #377012 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Dan Dillon is better than Kerry Williams.

Not saying he's a better person, a harder worker, or a nicer guy.

But he's a better basketball player. Sorry.

Reply #377063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dillon is a Better player. Better skill set. Also Taller. Better NBL resume.

.... isn't overweight

Why did kerry not play more minutes than Dan two years ago at the taipans if he is better ??

Reply #377078 | Report this post

Gary  
Years ago

Because he was injured!

But I do agree Daniel is better if we are talking purely basketball. I'm sure there are other reasons as to why they chose Kerry though which often play a role in decisions.

Reply #377084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did I say better player??
You're obviously not from Cairns.......

Reply #377106 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I'll give you the reason why Daniel was not picked ahead of Kerry. Daniel is not a Point Guard. Yes can play some point but it's not his true position. Cairns needed a Point Guard and decided with what was in the market that Kerry was the best available for what they were after and within their budget. You guys allow too many variables to cloud your judgement.

Reply #377165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or just the fact that dillon (a SG that plays PG like you said) still makes a more experienced NBL PG than williams does

Reply #377232 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:18 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754