Isaac
Years ago

Hawks sign Auryn MacMillan

Today the Wollongong NRE Hawks have bolstered their roster for the 2012/13 NBL Season with the addition of forward/centre Auryn MacMillan.

The 25 year old from Melbourne has played the past three SEABL seasons with the Kilsyth Cobras, recently averaging 13 points and 7.8 rebounds per game in 2012. Auryn has also played professionally in Germany.

Topic #29130 | Report this topic

alexkrad  
Years ago

HMM

Firms up the suggestion that they will be going with another import guard?

Deleon still on the cards?

Reply #376775 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

SMH! Gordie will find out very quickly this guy is a spud!

Reply #376788 | Report this post

ant  
Years ago

Good signing. Works very hard and has earnt his spot in the league. Deserves a chance.

Reply #376792 | Report this post

Anonalso  
Years ago

I agree, he is a spud!

Reply #376804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, Zac Delaney is a spud

Reply #376805 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Semi-related: anyone else fallen in love with the style of writing in these sorts of announcements? It's a tough gig because a lot of facts, info and numbers needs to be conveyed in a short space of time, but the way it all tumbles along is awesome.

I think pretty much any information presented in these things would get past me. Here's a grab from a mythical Sixers import announcement:

The Adelaide Sixers have announced the signing of point centre Zealous Tower.

Tower hails from West Chiko Roll, Kansas and was a standout player at Northern Greater Central Alaska State University. He was named twice to the Global Warming Conference All-Turnover Team, and is a life member of the NGCASU canteen administration authority.

In four seasons at NGCASU, he averaged 19.8 points, 8.7 rebounds and 2 doughnuts a game, and led his team to 3 NIAINIANIA tournament appearances.

Tower drinks milk from his shoes, and has played professionally in Ireland, Scotland, Wales and the Isle of Man. He has never used a Golden Eagle in any form of Angry Birds.

Reply #376806 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Love it!

Reply #376810 | Report this post

Local Lad  
Years ago

Bo Hamburger, that is gold!

As someone who has had experience in writing player signing press releases, that is EXACTLY how it feels racking off the 50 million things listed on their resume!

Reply #376837 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I'd prefer to read something small and to the point. One's that drag on forever with quotes everywhere i just skim through and most of the time miss the actual info i'd like to find out

Reply #376915 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

lmao

Reply #377117 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:19 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754