Isaac
Years ago

Funny Steve Nash NBA MVP

ESPN are reporting that Steve Nash (15.5 PPG, 11.5 APG) will be named NBA MVP for 2005, topping Shaquille O'Neal (22.9 PPG, 10.4 RPG). The award won't be officially announced until 3PM ET in the US, during half-time of one of the remaining first round play-off games.

Nash becomes the first MVP since Bill Walton in 1978 to win while scoring less than 20 PPG, and the 4th point guard to win the award.

Topic #2914 | Report this topic

Degenerate  
Years ago

YES!

I knew it and predicted it!

Reply #33068 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Well, that makes me feel better about losing to Canada in the 2000 Olympics. Somewhat.

Reply #33074 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

Yeah true

Reply #33082 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Fire up Diesel!

Get to the Finals and win it to show who the REAL MVP of this L is!

Reply #33247 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Shaq who ? .. Thats great for Nash .. nice to see a team man win it !
More kids should aspire to play Nash-type basketball in the US now. Hustle.. hustle.. hustle..

Reply #33248 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

i must admit i didnt pick nash to win.

could allen iverson feel hard done by? he was my pick

Reply #33287 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

undersized pf, I thought your pick would have been magic johnson, for his continuing greatness even years after his retirement....

how was richo's party?

Reply #33298 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

NO way can allen feel hard done by, Nash lifted the Suns as a whole. He led them to the best record. Now the question is can he lead them all the way??

Reply #33299 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Nash 4 sure .. did u see how bad the suns played this season with out him

Reply #33306 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

hahah doc, magic is still the man years after retirement.

didnt go to richos thing. howd blacks go first game.?

suns wont win miami and the diesel are going all the way. Shaq cant be stopped post season

Reply #33393 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I agree. Suns won't win, but I think the Spurs will go all the way.

Ginobili is tearing up everyone, Duncan will slow, not stop, but slow Shaq, Bowen will do a decent job on Wade, and Robert Horry will hit at least 3 game winners over the next 4 weeks.

Blacks got destroyed in all 3 games. We did OK in the opens, but we have no height...

Reply #33410 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

Phoenix and Miami will be the grand final, both spurs and detroit have a chance but phoenix and miami are way too strong and make a perfect grand final - when did we last see these two teams get anywhere close?

My tip is phoenix in 7, i cant wait to see it.

and finally congradulations steve nash. he is a perfect example of what South Australia basketball DOESNT have, Team players. Most honest team player around and i love the kid. well done

Reply #33509 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

shaq is so stuffed he has no energy to dominate this finals campain.hes only averging 30 mintues per game.spurs are the complete team to go all the way.suns look good in offence but dont have the experience to go all the way.spurs to win 05.

Reply #33514 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

cheezy its happened time and time again, the diesel always finds energy and always rips up nba finals time. remember last season even tho lakers lost he was getting like 40 and 20 every game. too bad he didnt have any help

Reply #33529 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

so your saying shaq plays for his stats?thats just as worse as kobe!

Reply #33702 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

underdized pf how tall are you? 5'12?

Reply #33704 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

My god, I agree with cheezeburger for once. Spurs will dominate '05.

x-factor in the playoffs could be Alonzo Mourning. Can anyone think of a better back-up centre? You can rest Shaq and know you are getting solid D and rebounding along with strong finishing, then bring the big fella back fresh.

Spurs/Heat finals.

Dark Horse in the East is Indiana. Don't count them out. Playoff time = Miller time.

Reply #33706 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

cheezeburger your lost. seeing as shaq qas the only player playing to his potential. one of the lakers best players , karl malone, was out and kobe and payton stunk it up. Its been proved that one player cant win a championship even though this player is the best player in the comp. Maybe if kobe was thinking team first then lakers would have got the win.

But i suppose you didnt see the game cheezeburger , you just sussed out the stat sheet, coz after all thats what u think is most important

Reply #33736 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

plus has anyone seen shaqs stats this finals series. a mere 18 and about 8 or 9 boards, yet there team is undefeated. so the stat sheet doesnt show everything.

shaq thinks team first always

Reply #33737 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

undersized pf i didnt see the game because i was working,unlike you doing part-time uni.

Reply #33751 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

well, were u working finals last year. figure it out cheezeburger. i think you were sitting at home scouting "david and the magic pearl". when you were bludging skool

Reply #33771 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

dont worry undersized pf getting your own bedroom for the first time ever must be taking it out of you.

Reply #33907 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

cheezeburger i think your epic saga of the jungle book is taking it out of you more.

Reply #33926 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

your branches are holding on to the jungle book undersized pf.i have no saga.

Reply #34197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #34203 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

cheezeburger, your stressed as , your mind is filled with the jungle book, its still hell on your mind. just crack the first chapter

Reply #34209 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

undersized pf i would like to fight you

Reply #34221 | Report this post

cagey  
Years ago

Nash clearly makes the Suns better. This was easy to see this year because he only joined them this year (as for Shaq and the Heat). Shaq and Nash stood out as critical to their teams for this reason. My question is where would the Spurs and Sixers finish if Duncan and Iverson didn't play all season?
The Heat have shown they can get the job done without Shaq (playoffs last year and last two games in this year's playoffs). Also maybe Amare, Marion and Johnson all would have improved this year without Nash. The Suns lost the last game when Nash went for 49 but Joe Johnson wasn't playing.
All just hypothetical crap I know.
Bottom line - Nash well deserved MVP. AI and Duncan unlucky.

Reply #34243 | Report this post

travis  
Years ago

He was unconcious last night. 23 in third quarter. Serious game. the 9 to's werent good though.

Reply #34248 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

post #34221 why did u use my name u hack?.undersized pf why didnt you do lunch with jungle book.lunch is the pre game.dinner is the after party!

Reply #34319 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

cheezeburger your leaving bball, to spend some quite times with the jungle book. the jungle book has cramped up your lower body during state champs

shaq next years mvp

Reply #34491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #34572 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Nash has almost a triple double and that's just in the first half!12 points, 8 rebounds and 9 assists...
Anyone who doubts his MVP status really needs to take note of what he actually contributes to his team...

Reply #34609 | Report this post

delta  
Years ago

He has a TD now with 5 left in the 3rd! The game is still close tho. The suns are missing Joe Johnson really bad. With Jim Jackson in the starting five they have absolutely nothing off the bench.

Reply #34619 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

6.30 to go in the 3rd and he has the triple double in the bag 18, 10 and 11 - Stoudemire is one the recieving end of a heap of the assists and is finishing well

Reply #34620 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

30, 13 and 12 with 5 minutes left in the 4th. 76 HSA last I calculated. Amare is also have a solid game (27, 16 and 3 blocks). Dirk pottering along with 26 and 8 so far.

Reply #34621 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Suns Win 114 - 108

Nash huge with 34 13 and 12 and Staudemire also great with 33 points and 18 boards

Got to love the way they play the game

Reply #34623 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I think "enough said" springs to mind...

Reply #34626 | Report this post

kilo  
Years ago

13 defensive boards for Nash!? Are the Mavs just standing around watching everyone shoot and hope like hell they go in?

Reply #34632 | Report this post

dirk rules  
Years ago

i dont care what any1 says. STEVE NASH DESERVED THAT AWARD. look what hes done. he is an all arounf great player.

Reply #35465 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:14 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754