BALLER#3
Years ago

3v3 Tournament SA

I am seriously thinking of starting up 3v3 Tournament in SA for this Summer.
Would be run over a weekend with Pool games Saturday and Knock Out Finals on the Sunday.
After I work out Costs of hiring and reffing, each team would pay a fee that consists of their share of the Hire and Ref costs plus and extra $50 that will go into the prize pool.

Therefore the more teams the more prize money.
I was thinking, Winning team gets 70%, Runner Up 15% and MVP 15%.

I will also look at getting some sponsors to bring the cost down a little.

It will be an open comp ages 17 and up, Mens only for now.

What do you think? Any Suggestions, How many teams of 4 players would be a realistic Target?

Topic #29170 | Report this topic

HO  
Years ago

Why not just run it with the new FIBA33 rules? From what i can see they really want people to run events.

Reply #377254 | Report this post

CP3 on 3  
Years ago

I run a social 5 on 5 comp I have a low cost court and ref. If your keen to use either post your email and i'll email you my mobile to discuss, should also get 6 teams minimum. I am struggling to field 5 on 5 teams. a 3 on 3 comp sounds good.

Reply #377361 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

I had a bit of a think and I think it would be better to run a tournament over just one day. And would ten teams be reasonable? Might need that ref off you but I will worry about that a bit later. If I got atleast 10 teams it would be 300 dollars for the winning team and 100 each for the runner up and the MVP or I could he rid of the runner up and make it winner takes all? Then it would be $500 for the winner

Reply #377369 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:40 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754