Isaac
Years ago

Hawks sign import Adris Deleon

Deleon signs in Wollongong. A top five scorer from last season and a known quantity. Finally, Gordie!

Topic #29176 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

if true - hawks are legit this season providing deleon gels with the team

Reply #377295 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

It's true

Reply #377298 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I hate that guy. But I love to hate him.

Reply #377303 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

That means Ubaka, Dillon, Dorsey & Gleeson are now all out of the league.

Dummest coup ever...

Reply #377305 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Good signing for the Hawks. Should be an upgrade on last year.

Reply #377306 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Upgrade on last season but still not making finals

Reply #377312 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I agree, Australian content needs an injection of youth.

Reply #377316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fancy that Mick hates this guy as well...

Reply #377322 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I'm a Townsville fan.

Did you see that tantrum/brain fart/psycho rage he went into against us last year?

Trying to pull Luke Schenshers hair and fight everyone on the court. Hilarious.

Reply #377326 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

That said - "villains" like Deleon are great for the league.

Reply #377330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

8 teams, all looking good! Better 2 have 8 strong team comp than say 10/12 team comp where half a crap! Like the afl, u got 18 team comp normaly the bottom 4 a shite! Glad the nbl is slowly gettin there. Any 1 no when the ten telecast times are being made public?

Reply #377354 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Obviously a leakage of Aussie talent with Neville, Kazzouh, and Wortho out, but yeah, all of the bottom feeder teams from last year are much better already.

Reply #377355 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Ten are showing NBL at 2pm Sunday, ONE are showing at 9.30pm Friday, NBL TV showing the rest.

Reply #377366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still no word on wich games there covering? Just asking, will we see the 1st game nz v perth?

Reply #377387 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think that will be available on NBL TV in Australia. The Sydney v Wollongong game will be the ONE broadcast game I would imagine.

Reply #377390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im not that good with computers or tablets n stuff, just in simple terms can i watch it on a normal computer that i surf the net? How strong the internet connection got to be? Don't want to get the pass and then it stutters in the view is mugy and yea.

Reply #377396 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Youll probably have to wait until there's more info on the nbl.tv website to find all that out.

Reply #377401 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From what they're saying, you'll be able to watch it on your computer.

You can pre-register for the discounted price without paying anything at this point. Probably worth it if you're at all interested.

Reply #377428 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If youre worried about the speed of your connection, go to Perform's main streaming page (http://www.livesport.tv/) and watch some of the highlights or events and see how it works.

Reply #377433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldnt say its a huge loss what so ever to have Mark Worthington out of the NBL. He wont last in Europe, based on his stint at the Blaze.

Reply #377463 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Aussie talent leaving the league:
Hoare (ret)
Helliwell (ret)
Ng (hiatus)
Dillon (unsigned)
Cooper (unsigned)
Worthington (Europe)
Bose (Europe)
Khazzouh (Europe)
Gynes (unsigned)
Dowdell (unsigned)

Aussie talent coming in:
Tomlinson (college)
Steindel (college)
Hinder (inj)
Harvey (inj)
Norton (inj)
Gliddon (college)
Macmillan (SEABL)
Bartlett (full contract)

Nearly even count despite contraction of the Blaze.

Anyone think of others? I was trying to stay within those who were in the ten contracted players compared with those now.

Reply #377465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Campbell Retired

Reply #377479 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

@ Hustle - good to seem some young blood coming in and the injury returnees, but we still lost arguably two of the top three centers in the league in one offseason in Neville and Kazzouh.

Reply #377491 | Report this post

monkey  
Years ago

is joevan catron signed anywhere? tigers?

Reply #377493 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That's true Mick, but we lost one whole team and eight of their players have signed with the remaining clubs.

Reply #377495 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Catron has interest in Asia & Israel but hasn't signed anywhere yet.

There's a big buzz around Wollongong at the moment with the signings of Hurdle & Deleon. Hurdle was just ripping it up at training yesterday.. I'm extremely impressed! I hope he's not just a training warrior & disappears come game time. If he plays at the level i saw yesterday, throw in Deleon. Hawks are right where Gordie wants them!

The signing of Deleon has fans exited as well. Wollongong needs these known names, fans are tired of getting unknown imports year in and year out. Even if they come good (Erving, Ty) fans don't catch on until mid season.
So expect more fans to Hawks games this year.. at least early on.

Reply #377498 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

@Hustle add Herbert to you hiatus list

Reply #377502 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Nat, I think with Deleon drawing attention and Forman and Davidson drawing defenders away from the basket Hurdle could be a pretty handy player. He is a super athlete and has Brett Maher-like ups on his jump shot.

That's one thing I like about this year's import crop, a number of guys who look like they can really throw it down.

Reply #377503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i thought catron signed in japan?

Reply #377598 | Report this post

sanjustin  
Years ago

You must have a strong connection to avoid buffering the videos. follow some simple steps to retrieve this things and check your internet speed by using http://www.scanmyspeed.com/ . Some software might works like tcp optimizer, speed boosters and download accelerators might increase your speed

Reply #379889 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:35 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754