E=mc2
Years ago

New lease at the Arena

So it would appear that the new lease sees the Adelaide 36ers in control of stadium management, and there by effectively land lord by proxy to the other tenants.

Thoughts?

Topic #29207 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

Probably end up being the ownners .

Reply #377911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doubt that Camel 31

Reply #377927 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Well , I guess it's worth more to them than anyone else due to restrictions on the place . They are there everyday , offices , training there , gym, players lockers and etc. As well as playen there.

Reply #377932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard they were paying about $240,000 a year to be there in rent etc, pretty good loan repayment

Reply #377943 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

That's right .
$20,000 a game to hire EC plus find somewhere to train and offices etc etc.
Things are pretty good for them at the Arena.

Reply #377945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But they have to have the money to buy it, and because of its recent history I doubt that a bank would give them a loan. As a business the 36ers are loosing money, and the ownership group has dwindled from seven to three.

Reply #377951 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

Camel i doubt restrictions will be a concern of those who are interested in it as it will not be in competition with the EC.

plus i believe it could be argued successfully under "Restriction of Trade" if it was to become a sticking point, but someone like Stephon would be able to comment on the legal side of it

Reply #377956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/adelaide-arena-takes-a-leap-shot-of-faith/story-e6frea83-1226463085301

Wonder if this season will be the last.

Reply #377981 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

So the home of basketball in this state will become a home for the happy clappers and Family First supporters? What is this state coming to?

If the government can spend $40m on a footbridge to Adelaide Oval surely they can find some spare cash to secure a home for SA basketball.

Reply #377983 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Thats why we gotta keep fighting, join the page and email anyone in parliament, hopefully we can eventually get through...

https://www.facebook.com/SavetheAdelaidearena

Reply #377987 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Last time Paradise were happy to share it with Basketball, but they've expanded since then.
Sounds like Edge bidding too.

Reply #377999 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

If they're happy to share and we're able to play on weekends and train etc. Then I suppose it won't be so bad...beggars can't be choosers

Reply #378000 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

IF edge or paradise get it , and Edge want it

it would rule out Fri Night games and any Sunday games, as it would clash for there schedule and there reasons for bidding on it in the first place

Reply #378008 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:49 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754