NBL Fan
Years ago

NBL Preseason: Tigers vs Hawks

The Hawks defeated the Tigers 90-66. Good game for Oscar Forman with 19 points.

Topic #29211 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously there is some major issues already in tigerland - As some of you have said on here before there is some serious doubts about anstey's coaching ability at nbl level

Great form by the Hawks though - is it just me or are they playing a lot more preseaon games ?

If they can get those sort of numbers each game from their bigs the top 4 beckons !!

Reply #378024 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Surprised people have been rating the Tigers and Kings that highly.

Reply #378026 | Report this post

Fletch  
Years ago

Did the hawks have either of their imports for this game?

Reply #378028 | Report this post

Nix 84  
Years ago

Nah. The reason why Wollongong has been winning preseason is due to stability which is most important preseason.
Still issues in tigerland and kingland.

Reply #378030 | Report this post

White Bol  
Years ago

Hawks had no imports, and no Gruber.
Tigers were missing Goulding

Reply #378033 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ballinger with 12 and 5 this game. Scott in double figures too. Beaten pretty soundly though. Donut from Braswell. Think it was Boti who seemed to like this Melbourne roster - I don't see it, to be honest, nor with the Kings.

Wonder how much incoming imports will mess with the Hawks' formula?

Reply #378036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I prefer the Kings to Tigers. They needed a Cedric Jackson and they got a Kevin Braswell.

Reply #378038 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

The Breakers was a perfect fit for KB.

I don't think the Tigers is the best fit for him though. He will be required to be a volume shooter, and he isn't effective as a constant go to guy.

Look at his career stats, and his FG % over his career is less than impressive.

Reply #378044 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

It's only pre-season, wouldn't be ringing any alarm bells just yet.

But the Hawks have been looking great. Oscar is in GREAT form! I think could have a career year this season.

Reply #378047 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Nothing better than seeing the Tigers in the crapper already! They are getting their just deserves.
Anstey will not see out the year at this rate. Give Rohan Short the Head Coaching gig. He is a gun!

Reply #378061 | Report this post

anon2  
Years ago

Rohan Short? hahahaha, a gig? hahahahaha a gun?

Reply #378064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how is the tigers roster any better than last season they seem to have replaced a lot of likes for likes and Anstey what are his credentials to coach an nbl team in his own right

Reply #378079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looked more like DMac calling the shots in both games rather than Anstey.

Anstey's old man didn't look too happy Sunday either watching his son's team get schooled by a well drilled Hawks outfit.

Sure the Hawks shot the hell out of it, but the Tiger's inability to adjust defensively was painful to watch. Friday night was bad enough in the secnd half but Sunday was a train wreck. Poor rotations, or should i say, NO rotations after trying to double the high on ball screen saw the Hawks do what they wanted whenever they wanted. When the Tigers finally switched to a zone it was even worse. They failed to contain dribble pentration and the shots kept coming. Great ball movement by the Hawks. Not sure Anstey would of seen that in his stat sheets he was so keen to read.

Plenty of work to do in Tiger town.

And for the Hawks, i hope their import guard doesn't think he needs to dominate his team, they are travelling very well indeed and don't need someone over dribbling the rock. And Zac Delaney, stop dribbling so much and find a team mate.

Reply #378099 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Anon2 what are Anstey's coaching credentials? The bloke is coaching in BIG V for god's sake! I don't care if he was a good player. Many a good player has failed at coaching!
Rohan Short is a very smart technical coach. They talk about how bad the defensive rotations were and the coaching staff's (DMac & Anstey) inability to adjust. Rohan would have that fixed at practice in 2 weeks.

Reply #378101 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

how is the tigers roster any better than last season they seem to have replaced a lot of likes for likes and Anstey what are his credentials to coach an nbl team in his own right

It's not... No Mills to carry the team, no Trigger to at least put a lot of points on the board... Still middle position heavy, questions over whether Ballinger and Burston will last the season, although they're still quality players, and a serious experience downgrade in coaching...

Has anyone seen Scott first hand that can comment? Some tweets out there doubting the talent level?

Reply #378102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seth has the size and strength to handle bigger bodies in the paint and as scouted, he has some range on his shot. His choice of passes early Friday was a little questionable but i feel the bigger issue will revolve around how he handles the way our game is called. He complained about calls early on Friday and was later tech'd for continuing to dispute calls. Not a good look.

Sunday he looked a little more settled but with the WHOLE team playing next to no defence there wasn't much to get excited about ANY of the Tigers bigs.

Good to see burston looking pretty fit and Balls also looked fit. They had a couple of nice high/low exchanges between them which could be nice to build upon.

But as i said early, plenty of work at Tiger land.

Reply #378105 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:13 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754