Anon
Years ago

Hume City Broncos SCW

(Mod: Removed at the request of Glen Milner, citing pending legal action.)

Topic #29216 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL this is hilarious, the problem at Hume is Jackson and Milner, Both the men and women have had nearly more coaches in the past 5 years than any club in history.
Until the board is replaced that place is doomed.

Reply #378108 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I couldnt agree more with the comments above. Milner is a total power freak although I dont think Jackson is that bad. I mean how can a guy who is NEVER EVER seen at the club be a problem ? He is just a puppet for Milner to pull the strings.

Reply #378124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's up Hoops,

I'm a current player from a Big V Hume City team, and I speak with a players from the other teams with which I do not play in.

The general consensus for Joe is that he is an excellent development coach, but that's about it. He lacks strategies and proper coaching responses to some situations.

I can say that Hume City has been nothing but good to me and I hope to play with them for a long time yet.

Reply #378135 | Report this post

Barry  
Years ago

Definately gave themselves an enormous hit in the view of the basketball public, making yet ANOTHER change at the top.

The club appears to be a basketcase. Whether Joe Borg was a great coach or not, he was given one year and brought in some solid, young prospects for the club's future and signed 2 WNBL talents.

Without Joe there, again, whether he can coach or not, there's every chance those young kids will now move and leave Hume without any coaches wanting to coach there and no light at the end of the tunnel in terms of capable players

Reply #378147 | Report this post

Bronco  
Years ago

Hume yet again make a change, how many coaches will the senior teams go through before someone works out they they're not actually the problem but the its Glen and the board? I guess while the board do as they please and coaches keep questioning their control it's going to be every year.
Until someone can take on Glen and oust him and the board it's going to keep on happening.
if you're a prospective coach you'd surely steer clear of that place now.

Reply #378150 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

"What's up Hoops,

I'm a current player from a Big V Hume City team, and I speak with a players from the other teams with which I do not play in.

The general consensus for Joe is that he is an excellent development coach, but that's about it. He lacks strategies and proper coaching responses to some situations.

I can say that Hume City has been nothing but good to me and I hope to play with them for a long time yet. "

THANK YOU SHARIN MILNER.

Reply #378179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this from the BigV website

Coaching arrangements for the Hume City womens program are yet to be finalised, with the Club and 2012 incumbent Joe Borg parting company after being unable to agree terms for an extension.

Wonder what the terms were?

Reply #378186 | Report this post

NIX 2 Nuggets  
Years ago

The "terms" according to an insider was that Glen wanted to coach the SYCW team and U18 team and Baz (Karen the current SYCW coach) and Sharin Milner as Joe's assistants.

No wonder he walked!!

Cronyism alive and well right there. We cant keep losing good coaches and good people or Hume will become extinct.

It also happens with juniors too. If you're mates with Glen or Rob Black you are a good coach. If not sorry too bad. Lost another couple of good coaches recently one of them a legend in Rocky.

Reply #378280 | Report this post

Wendy  
Years ago

Logic doesn't appear to exist at Hume.

Lets make a comparison Hume City vs Waverley. Both teams in a rebuilding phase. Both Champ teams predominately Youth league players.

Total number of Games played by WNBL player(s) Waverley 17 to Hume 13.

Waverley ahead of Hume City being a cohesive unit.

Two great coaches.

Hume City ahead of Waverley 8 wins to 4.

Elias gets a 2 year contract. Joe is out the door.

Reading between the lines, I wonder how much say Joe was being given especially with the announcement that the golden child Sharin Milner is playing again.

If the rumor is correct in that Glen Milner is making a coaching come back, it starts to make sense. Now that there is a nucleus of a team, push out the current incumbent and try to reap the glory. The only problem with this is, he can't coach.

Reply #378289 | Report this post

NIX 2 Nuggets  
Years ago

Bravo Wendy!

Reply #378305 | Report this post

Bronco  
Years ago

Typical tactics by Glen, either take over or put "his" people close to the coach to keep an eye on them, he tried it with the men's program too. He see's himself as a super coach but truth is he cant coach for shit, has only ever done well with stacked teams, then when those players move on he hands the team to someone else until better players come back.

Reply #378310 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

HAHAHAHA Karen is the worst coach I have ever seen! She has been a major part of the walk out of many YLW girls in the last 3 years.

Reply #378327 | Report this post

Jess  
Years ago

Anybody who enjoys sitting behind their computer screen under an anonymous name to make negative comments towards our club or the people who run it, I think you're pathetic. If you have positive ideas that you think will benefit the club then why don't you go about your thoughts in a productive way and bring them to the attention of those in charge and maybe converse with them so you understand why certain things are being done? Don’t waste your time being keyboard warriors and disrespecting our club behind your computer screen, nothing productive is becoming of it. Changes have been made for the benefit of the club and if any of you people really did have a love for the club like I do you would understand that there are reasons behind every decision the board make, their number one motive being that the club will benefit and stride towards becoming successful because of the decisions being made at hand. A change in coach didn’t mean everyone walked away; in fact most of our core group from last year still remains with a few extras to make our roster a little more experienced and stronger. This season’s preseason has been the best one I’ve been a part of, we have a great group of young, talented, determined and most importantly dedicated basketball players. Our SCW coach has been working hard to bring the best out of every single player on the floor and hold a high standard and expect nothing less every session. This shows that Hume City is a great club and if you want to walk away from it, bad mouth it or just be negative towards it growth and development then HUME CITY BASKETBALL IS NOT INTERESTED IN YOU. This season is the beginning of something great, I can’t wait for you all to witness it.

Reply #403199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SOUnds like the same old rubbish being trolled out season after season. Just like the mens team and the foot in mouth comments made by them. Just wait till we play finals bla bla bla. Lets revisit this in Sept shall we ??

Reply #403202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why was this not revisited in sept?? :)

Reply #511771 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:36 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754