Isaac
Years ago

North beat Norwood at the Dome

Didn't catch the womens game, but did head out to the Dome in time to see the North men run out strong winners against Norwood. Hambour had 27, Kent 23 and 11. For Norwood, Arnold waged a one-man war for parts of the game, Krause and Foster were also OK.

Norwood's first half was terrible -- 29 points total I think -- and North were leading by around 20 most of the time. Norwood fought back to around 10 points a few times, but couldn't get any closer.

Topic #2922 | Report this topic

cheeky  
Years ago

let me tell you isaac i saw the womens and the mens and you are lucky you werent there early.
i would rate the north team a 3/10
the norwood team a 1/10 for turning up and the refs didnt register and shouldnt have bothered going 0/10.
All up was glad the mens started.

Reply #33161 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Hot/Not later tonight on the game.

Reply #33177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was at the game, and although being pretty ugly at times, it was good to see that Simon Kent was able to cause some serious issues for the Flames Defense, he posted 23 points and ripped in 11 borads, at 7/14 FG, and 9/11 from the line.

This is a guy that seems to cop a decent amount of bad publicity, but hopefully he is on the way back to some good personal form, and the Rockets may even be able to put some wins together.

Reply #33225 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hambour got his points quietly. Zorich didn't have a devastating statline, but I thought that he played well. The Burdon boys (Parrot and Tweety Burdon) didn't get played too much. Quigley was good in his minutes, but lacked the points from the Sturt game where he was, besides Hambour, what got North right into that game.

Kent has his limitations (range being the obvious one), but when used inside, he proves his worth. Good blue-collar efforts against tough defense. 11 boards, 23 solid points (and should have had more) and reliable from the line (9/11).

But as a neutral spectator, Arnold was the only real highlight of the game -- 25, 8 and 8 plus 4 steals. Hit 3-3 threes and 10-17 from the field in 36 minutes. I tipped Norwood (didn't the first half make me regret that!) and was really hoping he'd get them back in and he gave it everything.

Lack of support cost Norwood. Couple of guys went 0-4, others went 1-7 and 1-9. That's 2 of 24 field goals from four players each playing more than 15 minutes. I cannot fathom how they thrashed West, while West went to Mt Barker and easily accounted for Eastern. Crazy league...

Reply #33237 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

I WENT TO THE MENS GAME LAST NIGHT AND WAS GOOD T SEE NORTH FINALLY GET A WIN ON THE BOARD. KENT DID PLAY PARTICULARLY WELL AND COULD HAVE HAD MORE POINTS IF HE WAS ONLY GIVEN THE BALL AT THE RIGHT TIMES. ONE OF THE REASONS NORTH HAVE BEEN SO DISAPPOINTING IS THAT THEY DONT USE HIM OFTEN ENOUGH WHEN HE GETS GOOD POSITION ON THE BLOCK.
NORTH COMBINED WELL AS A TEAM LAST NIGHT AND IF THIS CONTINUES THEN MAYBE THEY STRING SOME WINS TOGETHER.

Reply #33276 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Lets hope north can get a run on now when you look at there team they really are alot better then what they are playing

Reply #33303 | Report this post

Sir Spark  
Years ago

Norwood didn't win cause it wasn't a real home game...so there was no advantage...cause the dome isn't their stadium...and they can po back to MARS...and I'm out...

Reply #33396 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:06 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754