KET
Years ago

CJ Massingale to sign with 36ers

Massingale, 29 and 191cm is just waiting while his NBL deal with Adelaide has its "Is" dotted and its "Ts" crossed before he makes the leap from SEABL.

"I'm pretty much committed to it but it's not finalised yet" CJ said.

Full article

Topic #29225 | Report this topic

Happy Days  
Years ago

He deserves it especially considering hacks like Showron Glover get a gig.Hopefully Jazzmar will be next.Wouldnt be surprised if Tigers look at him this weekend.

Reply #378188 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Love the enthusiasm...

Reply #378190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's always more to these stories than we think. If he is already established in Victoria with his family, has a good job, gets paid well in SEABL and the sixers offer him a low $ deal then it is a huge decision for him to move his family over here for what might only be 6 months to a year. I'm sure he would love to play NBL and for the 36ers but at 29 he has to do what is best for him and his family I guess. I'm sure he is just making sure he has some sort of financial security with the deal if he is going to make the move. I look forward to seeing what he can do at the next level.

Reply #378195 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

Yeah I hope the Sixers look after him, it would be a big decision. He has a family and an 18 month old baby, it would be terrible for him to give up his job (does anyone know what his job is?), place and move his family over to be cut 2 months later.
What surprises me is that if he is so close to signing and both parties want this then why isn't he travelling with the team to China? Wouldn't that be a great opportunity for him to show case his game?

Reply #378208 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

I thought he had been invited to travel to China?

Reply #378211 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Team has already left for China, though I don't know exactly when. Did Massingale have a game on the weekend?

Reply #378213 | Report this post

Greeny  
Years ago

Issac,

just saw them finish training at Pasadena 1 hour ago.

Reply #378215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Touring party list had to be in with Chinese authorities some time ago for visas.

Reply #378227 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

Yes but didn't they originally say both him and Pero would travel with the team to China???

Reply #378232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pero yes, CJ no.

Reply #378236 | Report this post

ant  
Years ago

CJs job is to play basketball and he generally runs the kids basketball clinics at Knox. He is really great with the kids and is more well known in the Knox area than most 99% of NBL players.

Reply #378237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6 month gig in Adelaide then plays SEABL, which is a full time job at Knox.Normally goes back to the States on the off season, and now just trips over to the 36. Doesn't have to sell up or anything as car/accom and everything looked after by SEABL team.
Good on him, I think you guys will be very, very surprised, at what he can do, and his passion for the supporters at all levels
He has been known to support ,and put his hand in his own pocket for junior rep teams, and will always help and give advice to those that ask. I'm not pissing in anyone's pocket, but this guy is a true gentleman off the court, and a warrior on it.

Reply #378245 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

CJ has been a massive success story out at Knox and I agree that a lot of it has occurred off the court with the kids as well - something every NBL team needs to get better at i connecting with the fans at grassroots...

Reply #378249 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Spoke to Pero last week, he is going with the team to china...

Reply #378282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When is Pero going back to Cabra and build Pero's Palace :-) i break out the kicks again then.

Reply #378357 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:56 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754