Nz 4.00
Cairns 5.00
Crocs 7.00
6ers 10.00
Melb 15.00
Gong 17.00
Syd 20.00
gc n/a

Really like 6ers and gong! Your predictions? Good value and teams offer balance and depth.

Topic #29235 | Report this topic

Justin  
Years ago

Gonna get on the 6ers at $10 very good odds. I think we should be where cairns are at around $5

Reply #378278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surprised Adelaide are so far down really. Would have thought they would be behind Perth and NZ.

Reply #378285 | Report this post

Mimas  
Years ago

Wouldnt pu tmoney on the 36ers wo win it.

But might get good odds on a worthwhile bet to make the finals.

Reply #378290 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Perth and NZ have chemistry, Adelaide do not yet

Reply #378303 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Townsville have the wood over New Zealand and Cairns, but can't bea

Reply #378308 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I'm telling you.. I don't think Perth are going to be the powerhouse of last year/previous years.

Yes same team, minus 7fter, Knight & Robbins coming back from injury, new home etc. I think they'll finish top 4, but i wouldn't say are favorites.

Adelaide and Wollongong.. Good odds. Don't think either will win it, but i like those odds

Reply #378311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Playing the 1st 5 games away is gona be hard, they get 3 ove them that should be a good start. Perth and nz are the best 2 teamz, now the other teams have to prove how good they are! Not 1 season, but perth been the 26 in a row!! U cant deni them anything!

Reply #378315 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Surprised Perth is ahead of NZ. Other than that, those bookie odds are how I expected. Adelaide will have to show what kind of game they are going to play before anyone will back them. Check in again a month into the season.

Reply #378318 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Nat

Perth are minus 7fter but..
Wagstaff should cover his offensive output with the extra minutes he deserves this year.
*Injury free* Knight will cover for his defence(Neville is not really the best defender anyway, just big but slow, plus most teams have gone smaller this year).
Hire showed what he could be capable of at this level during the finals so I expect to see him increasing output this year.
Bartlett is an upgrade on Williamson.
Redhage with a full pre season in Perth could see him back to his best.

Trueman may be a liability and I thought last year he went backwards from the year before, when he actually got on.. I think with more opportunity and confidence he should be able to contribute when he is on the court.

Rest of the team, Martin & Lisch you know what to expect, Robbins might fit into his jersey now he hasnt been able to lift weights all off season haha but will still play his role well, Tovey is a player who contributes alot without you noticing it, if he can increase his offence he will be more of a talking point.

I personally think Perth will be better than last year overall, but a schedule to work around the new arena could hurt. Also I'm a Wildcats fan so I need to be optimistic about the up coming season.

Saying this I still think NZ should be favorites and IMO the odds should be more like:
NZ 3.00
Perth 4.00
Adelaide 6.00
Cairns 6.00
Crocs 12.00
Gong 12.00
Melb 17.00
Syd 20.00

Reply #378332 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

what are the odds for Melbourne & Sydney tied for wooden spoon?

They both deserve to come bottom.

Reply #378338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide still have a roster that wil miss playoffs

Reply #378342 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Don't think so, Anon.

Adelaide will be fighting for the lower two playoff spots along with Cairns & Townsville.

The only things standing in their way are some kind of major personality clash, drastic chemistry fail or ongoing coaching staff stupidity.

Even with any or all of those three potential circumstances arising, they still can make the playoffs.

Reply #378379 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

For the record, my take:

NZ 3.00
Perth 4.00
Cairns 6.00
Crocs 8.00
Adelaide 9.00
Gong 16.00
Melb 20.00
Syd 22.00

I'm guessing I will drastically revise my predictions two rounds in, once we see Cairns, Townsville, and Adelaide take the court, because right now it's a guessing game.

- Perth and NZ are the only known quantities, although both are worse on paper than last year.

- Cairns and Townsville always put competitive teams on the floor, but this year Cairns has had a reshuffle and lost their defensive anchor. That said, they will be much better on the other end of the floor.

- Townsville have lost their starting C and both imports, and are relying on many huge, unknown factors to go their way. They've kept the bulk of the roster from last year, but I don't think that counts for much since their whole offense ran through Schensh's passing game, and he is gone. Roster is very unconventional, to say the least. No C in the starting lineup.

- Adelaide have a great team on paper, with depth at nearly every position, but they have a losing culture in the short-term, and an unproven coaching staff. Could easily rise a couple of rankings, but on talent alone shouldn't fall out of the top five.

Reply #378380 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I don't believe NZ are worse this season. Pledger gets the opportunity to start and play more minutes with Hudson backing him up off the bench and capable of slipping into the 4. Corey Webster gets BJ Anthony's spot and adds another ball handler and scorer. Corey looks very fit, fittest I have ever seen him. If his ankle doesn't trouble him I think Abercrombie will be in the MVP discussions this season with Cedric Jackson. Hopefully Cedic won't have the ankle injury that niggled him last season either

Reply #378390 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I don't think the Crocs should be so high up on the list Hawks should be lower than Tigers.

Reply #378412 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd have the Crocs longer, Hawks and Sixers a bit shorter. Kings and Tigers set to be bottom two, IMO.

Perth 3.50
NZ 4.50
Cairns 5.00
Adelaide 9.00
Wollongong 12.00
Townsville 13.00
Melbourne 18.00
Sydney 20.00

Reply #378414 | Report this post

Anonlicious  
Years ago

My oh my look at all the budding young bookmakers we have in here.

Reply #378596 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:26 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754