Anonymous
Years ago

Why are so many hoops.com.au threads deleted?

There are some seriously relevant threads started here, yet time and time again they are deleted. Care to explain Isaac?

Topic #29260 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

When you use a forum that is not operated by a community of moderators you usually have a dictatorship not a democracy and thus the ruler of said forum can decide what the want people to be able to discuss?

Sometimes "threads" are not constructed well and really only incite people not promote democratic discussion hmmm

Reply #378530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because some people are dickheads thats why!!

Reply #378531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how long before this one gets deleted

Reply #378536 | Report this post

Anonlicious  
Years ago

It will be deleted within the hour when mein fuhrer returns from his late lunch.

Reply #378540 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

so many anonymous's

Reply #378545 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Post something reasonable and it won't be deleted, easy.

Reply #378547 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

That's "anonomeece" alexkrad!!! ;)

Reply #378550 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

When you use a forum that is not operated by a community of moderators you usually have a dictatorship not a democracy and thus the ruler of said forum can decide what the want people to be able to discuss?

There is a community of moderators on Hoops SA, it's not just Isaac.

Honestly, most of the threads that get deleted are just spam, and for those that aren't it's pretty obvious why they got the chop.

Reply #378551 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

What happened to the one the other day about Joyce trialling with Kings? If someone said something nasty cant that comment just be deleted?

Reply #378552 | Report this post

Anonlicious  
Years ago

alexkrad: don't hate the player, hate the system. The forum engine allows for anon's.

Reply #378554 | Report this post

Anonlicious  
Years ago

hate the game*

No edit feature... awesome.

Reply #378555 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Spam, legal reasons, trolling, etc. Any thread in particular? The Kings one someone mentioned was Thomas trolling (some would know him as joycefan on OzHoops). Deleted it before noticing some reasonable replies and then it was too late to recover them. Figured it was somewhat of a dupe of the previous Smith-replacement thread.

Ref panel one was deleted at the request of the author (after realising it was legally questionable) and would have been deleted since then anyway as I received a formal complaint about it also.

Ate late lunch at my desk while working. Been out at a meeting since.

Reply #378562 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

So Issac -
I assume from the views of the various tolls and anon's that your desk lunch would have consisted of the simple but pure hopes and dreams of innocent hoops posters and various deep fried portions of cute puppies and kittens that your evil minions stole from young children ?
if so - keep up the good work

Reply #378567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Isaac, there are a lot of us who genuinely appreciate what you do. Keep it up, along with the puppy eating.

Reply #378569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea, cheers issac!

I dont bother with ozhoops anymore...too many people arguing above jive on there...thanks for cleanin that crap up here...

Love ya work.

Reply #378576 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Touche' Isaac- this is a great forum!!!

Reply #378583 | Report this post

Mod-squad can report/"flag" posts that a mod believes may contravene rules listed in rules section above message box.

Isaac then stops eating cute puppies and makes a decision.

If Isaac doesn't think it contravenes the rules, he reinstates it.

The younger generation of posters may suffer from "Facebook" syndrome (not understanding wat you post on the net can/does impact on the real world), therefore experiencing a higher number of reported/deleted posts.

disclaimer: above text is my understanding of process, not the views /policy/official practices of www.hoops.com.au

Reply #378586 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Very Old, have you been following me around?!

Reply #378589 | Report this post

Anonlicious  
Years ago

Well this thread didn't take too long to turn into one giant blowjob.

There is nothing wrong with the forum, we aren't criticising it, the issue is with the quality and lack of consistency with the moderating.

Reply #378592 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Hi Issac -

no I'm not following you around, I simply manage a puppy farm ( with the emphasis on farm ).... or as you and your gang may choose to call it - "the feedlot".

But I am curious as to how well acquainted Anonlicious is with your anatomy - he seems to be very fixated upon the term " giant b##wj#b ". So given his obvious oral obsession ("liscious") - I'm a little concerned about the climate of moral turpitude my little furry fritters may be going into once acquired by your henchpersons.

Reply #378613 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

There are a number of posts that shouldn't be up there if they breach the forum rules. Apart from Isaac who are the moderators?

BTW, when I think of Hoops there are two people who spring to mind, both shall remain nameless. The first was getting heaps on the forum and commented to me one day that Hoops was "about 20 w@nkers who think they know more about coaching than I do". The second was a former team owner who said to me "I used to like Hoops, but now (roll of eyes) ......."

Good work Isaac on a job well done.

Reply #378630 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Licious, I'll keep an eye out for your use of the Report Post function and emailed suggestions on improvements you'd like to see.

Reply #378638 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Some of the time , not all of the time I look at ozhoops and there doesn't appear to be any moderating and it's not a pretty sight.
I seem to recall a song about middleweight 'Hurricane ' and Arthur Dexter Bradley , Miss Patty Valentine and Alfred Bellow sued the writer and won a lotta money.

Reply #378649 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Everyone involved in keeping a site such as this open to the public is much appreciated by all concerned, I am sure I do not speak only for myself...

Posts come and posts go, nature of the beast, but this site is one of the better ones out there, thanks to Isaac and the crew!

Reply #378663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On a related topic, why was Deba George sacked?

Reply #378886 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:14 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754