natwhereyouat
Years ago

NBL Wiki website launching soon

NBL Wiki

The NBL Wiki website will be launching next Friday the 14th of September, It's something i've been working on since July 2011, and it's finally ready to be launched!

So far i would say about 80-85% of NBL players have been added, but a lot of other pages also feature on the site such as:
Team Pages
Seasons
Award History
All-Star
48Min Records
40min Records
NBL Media
NBA/NBL Crossover
NBL SEABL imports

And a heap of other stuff i won't get into...

Here is a small section of one of the season pages

NBL Wiki

And here's a small section of an All-Star page

NBL Wiki

If you want to stay up to date with the site you can like the NBL Wiki Facebook page
Or visit the NBL Wiki website at NBLWiki.com

The site will still be updated almost every day by myself, but as far as stats go, they won't be updated until the end of each season as i have to enter them manually. Would just be too much work doing it every week for every active player!

I've been asked about adding Box Scores a few times and it's something i've looked into, but if i wanted to launch the site this side of 2015 i had to forget the idea of Box Scores for the moment. But it's something that i will be looking into as the season progresses.

Topic #29266 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

have you seen this page?

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=0-189-0-0-0

Reply #378654 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

When it's launched, let me know and I'll add a link up in the dropdowns.

Reply #378658 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Yep seen that, a lot of the stats are from Sportingpulse. Others are direct from the league as some player stats are missing from Sportingpulse.

EG: Jacob Holmes only has 3 seasons on Sportingpulse.

But stats are only one part of things such as player pages. Also has:
Awards Won
Career Highs (not every player though)
Championships
Teams played for
Player Bio
Pictures
Any stories/articles

Reply #378670 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Here is an EG of a part of a players page

Reply #378685 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Quite like that understated basketball-reference style.

Reply #378689 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Nat, is this going to be a wiki in the sense that it is edited and updated by the masses?

Reply #378693 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

It can be updated by anyone, but admin can lock pages. Which i've already done with a heap of pages.

If some idiots edit pages & put wrong info on there then i'll only allow admins to edit and assign a number of trusted admins at a later date.

Reply #378696 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Nice one Nat! I've been frustrated by the piecemeal availability of NBL stats and player info for a long time. This will hopefully start to address that. In the long run it'll be a lot easier to promote the NBL when fans can actually learn a bit about their favourite players from a one stop shot!

Reply #378720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks awesome, thanks for all your hard work!!

Reply #378721 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Great idea. Can't wait to have a look when it's launched.

Reply #378743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will the wiki include information on why Deba George was dismissed? The info keeps on being censored here.

Reply #378885 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:37 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754