speedy
Years ago

Follow NBA?

how can you guys seriously follow the NBA ... when you can't even watch it on TV ???

ESPN coverage has just been totally pathetic this year .. and I've complained to them over and over again and all I get is the standard response ...

But you guys are funny ... talking about like the small things such as who will win this series and this and that player ....

Well .. I ask you what ?? Seriously what is the point in all that ... when to really follow a sport you have to be able watch the damn sport !!!!

with the way eSPN and NBA is treating us in this region ... it already shows us what they think of us !!!

I'm starting to loose interest in this fringe sport ....

Topic #2927 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or maybe you're trying to bait us all into replying to your anti ESPN posts and contact Fox/ESPN as you've asked us to twice already.

Having a go at people and the sport they choose to follow is a strange way of trying to rally support for your cause.

Reply #33253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im starting to lose interest in your fringe comments.

Reply #33254 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

The coverage on Fox has been pretty abysmal this season, but I dont watch it anyways so I dont mind.

I've been a pretty fanatic Pacers fan since the start of last season. It all started at the end of the NBL season when I went into basketball news withdrawel.

I get my fix through reading nba.com and pacers forums, listening to radio broadcasts on the net and downloading torrents of nba games when they are available.

I'd imagine that Fox will increase their coverage for next season when Bogut and potentially one or two other aussies are playing in the NBA.

Reply #33259 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

You don't need to be able to watch it to be able to follow it. NBA.com has great live game updates in html or flash plus great recaps after each game.

So speedy stop trying to get us all to tell ESPN what we think and learn to read. I think you will be pleasantly surprised that you can keep up-to-date just by reading.

Reply #33296 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

You would think boguts game would get shown but i wouldnt surprise me to see poker on damm ESPN then the greatest game of them all basketball

Reply #33297 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

Yeah I read .. but I'd rather watch the game !!!

reading it just makes me want to watch it more .. and that's the problem .. we can't !!! ... and there's really no reason for it.
Except for money terms and this so called contract with the NBA.

That's so frustrating and what's worst .. we actualey have to pay for ESPN on PPV .yet they treat this region like crap

did you know in Asian countries like the Philippines they get NBA almost everyday .. and we're supposed to be a much more affluent country yet other places have better access then us.

It's bad enough we don't as a nation support basketball ... NBL are own national tournament is treated like a fringe sport and only on those who can afford pay TV ... but they seem determined to make NBA and basketball into a fringe sport as well

Whatever happen to competition and choice in sport ... not all of us follow football, cricket or rugby ...

Just simply frustrated as with all fans .... i've been following NBA for years and this year has gotten so bad .. we may not even be able to wtach the Finals

Reply #33331 | Report this post

deye  
Years ago

Where is it possible to download nba-torrents? plz anwser, i'm sort of desperat :S

Reply #34060 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A friend sent me this link, but I didn't have any success with the torrents:

http://bt.davka.info/

Reply #34077 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

ABC I think has rights to the NBA final, they have their logo all over the 'Finals' logo on NBA.COM

(American ABC) not the Govt. Run Australian one

Reply #34090 | Report this post

kilinkis  
Years ago

i'm in argentina, n i tell u, 2 games per week, n 1 of those veeery late, that's poor, i'm also disliked with espn coverage of the season, but thats far away of making me dislike nba n basketball

Reply #41682 | Report this post

Glenn  
Years ago

Thanks Issac the link worked for me. I have been trying for days to find the game where Kobe went off for 81. I use bit lord it may help you with the torrents?

I'm with you speedy, i also read it religously but reading it is simply not the same!

Reply #67410 | Report this post

Scott  
Years ago

The Detroit pistons are the best team in the NBA. If Detroit played only the west, they would have nearly 60 wins in a 82 game season. To much is made about the west. Alls people talk about is winning, well #1 in the NBA Boston, #2 Detroit, wheres a west team #3, not good enough. By the end of the season Detroit will be holding the trophy, and all that mediocracy equality wont mean a thing. I love when Detroit pounds SA, NO, DEN., Phoenix, Dallas, etc. etc. etc.

Reply #178880 | Report this post

Scott  
Years ago

Its funny how Chris Paul (14 Points) has a bad ankle against Detroit, but the next night against Chicago (37 points) is fine. Lets start giving Detroit props. Detroit's so boring putting up 136 points against Denver. I'm so so so tired of everybody putting the Pistons down, Pistons are one of the most exciting teams in the NBA, if you watch games. Top to bottom Pistons have the best roster in the league. The only way Detroit won't win the championship is because of official's and the media. Did you see Rasheed and Antonio shut down the best power forward to ever play the game in Duncan the other night, stomped him out.

Reply #178881 | Report this post

Scott  
Years ago

Its funny how Chris Paul (14 Points) has a bad ankle against Detroit, but the next night against Chicago (37 points) is fine. Lets start giving Detroit props. Detroit's so boring putting up 136 points against Denver. I'm so so so tired of everybody putting the Pistons down, Pistons are one of the most exciting teams in the NBA, if you watch games. Top to bottom Pistons have the best roster in the league. The only way Detroit won't win the championship is because of official's and the media. Did you see Rasheed and Antonio shut down the best power forward to ever play the game in Duncan the other night, stomped him out.

Reply #178882 | Report this post

sharpshooter  
Years ago

I think you will find that places like the phillippines get alot of NBA coverage because of the large US military bases in the area...

Reply #178884 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:08 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754