Hurls
Years ago

will the 36ers have a new uniform this season?

WIll the uniform be updated this season?

Topic #29288 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets hope so.

Reply #378913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did the Sixers bag adidas for their jerseys in 2008/2009 or thereabouts. First and only time in forever an NBL club had an elite brand manufacturer. Random.

Reply #378915 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Not into teams changing uniforms every couple of seasons. Takes a heap of value away from fans purchasing their teams Jersey if they know they might have to buy another one next season to stay "current". Harder again for families. 3-5 years is a reasonable life-span

Reply #378932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did the league get rid of and1?

Reply #378947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL at 3-5 year span. Keep dreaming. Reality of modern pro sport is an annual change is mandatory to keep that cash flow coming.

Reply #378948 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

When does the AND1 deal end?

Reply #378950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL Fan I think it has ended but was seeking confirmation. And why duplicate my question?

Reply #378955 | Report this post

Lol at 3-5 year plan, at least they have posted their name with their opinion.

AFL teams change their jumpers all the time don't they...how much better odors it look to see the crowd all in guernseys. I'd like too see more nba/ afl style staying the same for 5 plus years

Reply #378974 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Almost every team's home guernsey has been just about the same for the last few decades. Adelaide has had the same home design since their inception.

Freo, Port are the teams who have really changed significantly

It's only the away/clash guernseys that teams change

Reply #378982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 948, all very well to change tops to keep cash flow coming, but the last few years the supplier has taken all season to get the polo tops to the clubs.

Reply #378988 | Report this post

Igotmadskills  
Years ago

Exactly my point the 6ers need to find something nice and stick with it. Bring out special edition jerseys to keep the cash flow happening.

Reply #378989 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Kinda miss Ben Fitz these days and even Brad's father Richard , from being around the place everyday ,and ya could ask what was going on.

Reply #378991 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I'm not a fan of regular changes to club jerseys. There's a lot to be said about generating a bit of tradition by not changing the jersey too much. I realty disliked it when the Wildcats kept changing their jersey in the late 90's to early-mid 2000's. Now the Wildcats have stayed with the red jersey for about 6 years with only minor changes, and it looks like they've established a strong brand with this theme.

I don't mind subtle changes to keep with the times and also sell merchandise, but as long as the colours and theme stay the same then I'm happy with that. Just don't change from red to blue and bring a completely different look every year.

And the poster that said to keep dreaming as teams need to change annually. I couldn't disagree more with that. AFL, US and European sports teams rarely change every 10 years, let alone every year, and they're the biggest leagues in the world. The only change is usually with their 'alternative jersey so theres no colour clashes. NBL clubs have also done well with not changing their jerseys too much either in recent years.

Reply #379000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All jerseys anywhere and everywhere are changed annually, usually with minor tweaks though so the fan is always "behind". You are all talking about significant changes to the design which is another story and rightfully shouldn't be changed annually.

Reply #379004 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

for all its worth, and1 is still listed as a sponsor on the nbl website

Reply #379005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The clubs have little say in the uniforms
And1 present a few options as the sponsors

Reply #379008 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Didn't And1 sign a multi-year contract with the league? Maybe three years?

Reply #379010 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

And1 deal expires either 2014 or 2015

Reply #379031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a shame.

Reply #379037 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

Whilst the same uniform for 7-8 years + would be ideal, I don't mind the teams changing every year provided the changes are minor. What I HATE is the basic template AND1 makes every team use, as it’s bland and uninspired.

Kings and Tigers in white = wrong.
Tigers should use their retro jersey (which they wore in the retro round) - hands down the best uni.

Reply #379045 | Report this post

ziah  
Years ago

Seems that everyone's uniforms will be of the same design as one another's, with their own team colours. And1 have just changed the template. Does look better than last year at least.

Reply #379343 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

My ideal world would be, keep the same Colours / Style for your main home game uniform and you can change your alternate Kit for away games

Reply #379366 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The template designs are pretty average. New Townsville uniforms look a bit ugh. Sucks seeing Cairns wearing the same kind of thing with the colours changed. Is that approach really worth the cost saving?

Reply #379382 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:30 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754