Isaac
Years ago

Any Kings fans confident this season?

Heal in as coach. New imports, one looking reasonable, the other could be OK but is definitely small. Bit of a glut of guards. SF spot could be vulnerable if Harvey can't stay fit. Ahem... Heal in as coach.

Do you think they could surprise people?

Topic #29320 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

Remind me how the South Dragons went with Heal as (player)coach?

Reply #379455 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

I think they will go alright. provided Harvey stays fit, Crossy stays fit and out of foul trouble, i think Corin might surprise some of us and Madgen is ready to take the next step in this league i feel. Defence is whats is about for the kings and we will see how their attitude is towards D with Heal as Coach.

Reply #379488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will win a few games they have no right winning, but all in all cant see them making any noise. As much as i hate to admit it, this isnt good for the NBL if the kings are as bad as I think they will be. Needed to recruit much more aggressive. Considering they had such high attendances in ratio to how bad they were last season, imagine what could happen if they put together a winner?

Reply #379489 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I was surprised that they recruited a few players so early in the off-season. Crosswhite, sure, but not sure you'd be locking in many other newcomers as they did. As others have said, it put them out of the running for someone like Petrie, etc.

Reply #379501 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I was surprised that they recruited a few players so early in the off-season. Crosswhite, sure, but not sure you'd be locking in many other newcomers as they did. As others have said, it put them out of the running for someone like Petrie, etc.

*sigh* yes, don't remind me... Picking up Crossy was great, and probably the best replacement for Jules that we could get... Getting Trigger or Peach on top of that would have been ideal and really strengthened our front line as looking at what the line up is when Crossy has sat down in the pre-season, it makes me very afraid... I DO like our guards though and have said all pre-season that that's where the majority of our scoring is going to be... Harvs getting that knock early against Cairns and missing the rest of the two games is a bit concerning, but pre-season so hopefully it's as reported and just not wanting to risk it...

The changes that they've made when things haven't been working has impressed me though, and it will be interesting to see how they go against more full strength teams...

It's going to be a much harder working team that's for certain, but that doesn't mean I don't question some of their decisions, especially the recruitment of players so soon that needn't have been targeted so early (*cough*Smith*cough*)

Reply #379502 | Report this post

Woody Venkat  
Years ago

To Say We will be bad this season is an extreme under statement.
Check this we Loose Kazzouh, Grant and Anatoly Bose and we gain Crosswhite, Garlep and Harvey.
We will be so much worse it is not funny.
At least our imports will be better than Ratsczh anyone will be.

Reply #379508 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:43 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754