Crocs sign....Brendan Teys?

Crocs sign....Brendan Teys?

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2012/09/13/360101_sport.html

Very odd signing.

Thoughts?

Topic #29321 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

That new Townsville singlet...bringing back the blue I see!

Reply #379456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just what the crocs needed, another backup pg....is he a rostered player? Is he on decent money?

Reply #379462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's a small forward.

Reply #379468 | Report this post

ziah  
Years ago

Crawford/ M. Cedar succession?

Reply #379471 | Report this post

Mr Lippman  
Years ago

Mick,

As per usual with Crocs news, you are poorly informed but sprout like you are a wealth of knowledge. Could you at least try and have an informed (factual) opinion on a Crocs subject instead of just regurgitating something that was written in the Bulletin or said on WIN or 7.

Teys is in fact a Development Player - an unpaid one at that - and has driven up to Townsville to train with the team and to keep his foot in the door with an NBL program. I saw well done to him for making the effort, and good on the Crocs for giving him an opportunity.

Reply #379473 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I posted a link to an article and offered zero extra insight.

Poorly informed?

No matter what his official status is at the club, it is an odd addition to the roster.

Reply #379476 | Report this post

Mr Lippman  
Years ago

What is "odd" about a club giving an opportunity to a young player who still has development status and will train for the club for free - regardless of the position?

Are you at all aware of the challenges that most regional NBL clubs face in trying to get players outside of their "contracted ten" to relocate to their city and make up the numbers at training if any of their contracted players are injured/sick?

These are things that someone who asks around (like I did) would find out - instead just posting on a forum with comments like "odd signing".

Reply #379479 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Lippman, bit harsh. The article, where you'd think a journalist could ask the same questions, doesn't mention that he's a development player or unpaid. Mentions that he'll be coming off the bench and isn't in the first 10, and not much beyond that.

Nothing wrong with having a very mild opinion and not ringing the club to pester them about details. Teys wasn't announced on the Crocs site, isn't in their roster listing, the Crocs CEO hasn't mentioned it on Twitter, and the Crocs' Twitter account has only RTed the same article Mick posted. And the Bulletin there mentioned "development player", but not in the article that I noticed.

Reply #379485 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Also says he's a rookie, which he can not be whilst he is a development player.

But I've asked around, won't be an NBL rookie, like Mr Lippman said he's a development player this year.

Reply #379486 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

I would rather Teys as a development player for Crocs than Tudelope, at least he was consistant and at times dominant for his qbl team. Tudelope was not imo even a consistant contributor at qbl level. At 22 still has a couple of years to develop and has a realistic chance to replace pc or cedar down the track.

Reply #379499 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:19 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754