Isaac
Years ago

Crocs imports so far this pre-season

Anyone get out to see the Townsville imports in the two pre-season games so far? Stats showed a fairly miserly impact on the game though the Crocs wouldn't have been troubled too much by the team performance otherwise.

Topic #29352 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

way too early to tell based on 2 scrub pre season games - I suspect that they are doing the other things nicely on court and making the players around them perform better - I'm impressed with ben allen's stats against the kings

lets hope he can get 10 & 8 consistently this season - would be my early pick for most improved

Reply #379811 | Report this post

Dry Back  
Years ago

I got out to see the second game, and i have to say i think Forte will by fine, once he gets a feel for the pace, physicality and the reffing, he will be a solid import on both ends of the floor but not necessarily a stud.

Withers on the other hand seemed a bit disinterested and didn't use his athleticism to that much of an advantage, he got up a couple of times for put back dunks but missed, also his D and rebounding wasn't import level.

could just be getting used to the plays, coach, league etc but wasn't very impressive.

Reply #379824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they both are shit

Reply #379840 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

best import pair in the league

Reply #379847 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Woolpert said he liked the fact they weren't forcing the issue and were just playing within the offense, and will figure out how to utilise them better in time. They will be fine.

Reply #379858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I suspect the Crocs (as usual) are getting what they pay for!

Reply #379868 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

Our Two imports who have been in the country for something like 2 and 4 weeks, and were yet to play against nbl opposition. Give the boys some time and they'll be fine. We should be talking about a great comeback performance from Rusty, Two great performances from a much improved Ben Allen and 13 & 8 points to youngster Norton. Oh and Crocs won both games without their imports scoring in double figures. They'll be fine.

Reply #379878 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Exactly what kr said.

Hinder, Allen, and Norton all gave us nothing last year despite being on the payroll. Getting anything from them at all is a huge bonus, let alone the great performances we have seen in the two Sydney hitouts.

It's a mugs' game to read too much into preseason: I remember this time last year watching Jamar Wilson play and almost feeling sorry for the guy getting physically abused, pushed around, and apparently outmatched skill-wise in his NBL preseason debut. He looked like a little kid playing a grown man's game and I thought he wouldn't last the first two rounds of the proper season, but he has since turned into one of the better PGs in the league.

These two guys aren't coming into some dud program where they just give the two imports the keys to the franchise and let them hoist twenty shots per game from the onset -- its a veteran core with a team culture and they will have to tow the line until they find their place in the league, figure out the officiating and find their groove.

Reply #379897 | Report this post

Oberon65  
Years ago

Ummmm Hinder was injured and Norton was injured and then didn't get the court time to say they gave nothing even though on the payroll maybe true but harsh Norton can't help it if coach doesn't play him. When he did hit the court he contributed. As for Allen the QBL season seems to have done him the world of good. Pre Season is way to early but loving your positive attitude mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #380047 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think you missed the point Oberon. He was saying they gave nothing BECAUSE they were injured and will therefore give a lot more this season. He wasnt having a dig at them.

Reply #380054 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Woolpert says it's only a matter of time before the Crocs imports fire up.

Woolpert praised their improvement against the Tigers and said it was far too early to be critical of the pair.

He said imports often took time to adjust to the new competition.
Full article

Reply #380481 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:31 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754