Cosmo
Years ago

Jason Williams vs Jason Dix

Many a person on here has been a Jason Williams hater at one point or another.
My question is this, lets say for arguments sake Jason Williams had never played for the sixers, Just like Dix, would everyone today be saying he should have had a shot and should have been a sixer.
My argument is this, at state league level Jason Williams has been one of the most potent players constantly being a triple double threat and taking the Sabres to two titles, mean while Dix, still a great player has won one championship. Would people really speak as highly as Dix if he would have had a shot or would Williams be the one getting talked up as the next best thing? Think about it and then reply, im sure some heated discussion will come from this.

Topic #2937 | Report this topic

Yes  
Years ago

Same thing would happen!

Reply #33402 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Sorry but there is no comparison between Williams and Dix.

I don't think Williams will ever be talked about as being the next best thing.

Reply #33404 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

My opinion of Jason Williams is well documented...

Reply #33405 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

It's a no brainer,Dix would still be talked about over Williams

Reply #33408 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

I think most of the disappointment and ribbing of Williams has come from the fact that he was NOT effective as an NBL player.
You cannot take away from the fact he is a very good ABA/L player... he just could not hold his own on the big stage.
He IMO always looked timid on the NBL floor, whereas in ABA/L his athleticism and aggression were more evident.
ITS a PITY ...i can remember watching him warm-up and throwing down some crazy jams at sixers games ... but for the most part IMO he did not have the confidence to use his hops during the games.

DIX - would have slotted into an NBL club and been a contributor a lot easier than Williams. At 6'8+ he would have been an effective rebounder and big body in the paint... and back in the day ran the lanes quite well .

Both great players in ABA/L .. both great team men with their respective clubs .. ill leave it at that.

Reply #33415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are not too many guys as mobile, tall and with as good shooting touch as Jason Dix. That is why he was so effective. While people bag JW the fact is he gave it his best and at least put his hand up to play at a higher level, whereas Dix for whatever reason did not. We should respect JW for striving to be the best he could be because that is what sport is all about.

At ABL level Skyhook sums it up well. There is no comparison to Dix, he will be one of the only players to play at this level that people talk about for years to come. Keep in mind though he is an nbl calibre player whose body has not seen the wear and tear that comes from playing/training at NBL level as well as the mental exhaustion from playing at the top level over so many years. This may explain his longevity to some extent compared to WIlliams. Williams was extremely dominant in his day at ABL level.

Reply #33418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jason Dix is not a big body. The NBL teams have weakened in the last few years, and Dix maybe could've scraped onto a roster. But not when the Sixers were winning championships. What could he bring to the team they don't already have? Great ABA player but would've been exposed at NBL level.

Reply #33419 | Report this post

Ben Affleck  
Years ago

The Sturt teams that won those two titles had on paper a better team with several Sixer players involved.

Replace Dix with Jason Williams in the Forestville team that won and I doubt they would have even made the top four.

Reply #33422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True Ben, and Williams didn't play in one of those championships - Illman and Bauer carried them that year

Reply #33428 | Report this post

Ray  
Years ago

Dix is a far better bootscooter

Reply #33538 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:47 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754