Mick
Years ago

Breakers v Crocs

Breakers go up by 5. But the real story for me here is Ben Allen's continuation of his fantastic pre-season form. 14 points and 13 rebounds anyone?

What are the chances that he keeps playing this well once the real games start?

The Crocs two imports continue to underwhelm, also. But I'll let that slide while its still pre-season...

Topic #29383 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Also I noticed this quote from the official recap:

"Crawford opened the second half with a dunk..."

Didn't know he could still throw it down. Good on him haha.

Reply #380174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's got 'surprise' hops these days

Reply #380176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bigger news still - CJ has succumbed and shaved all his hair off.

Now looks a dead ringer for his old man.

Reply #380177 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think the Ben Allen thing is that he's been made a focus. Didn't force himself on the game when he was a bit-player, but handling more responsibility leaves him no choice. Schenscher is out, Hinder is recovering, Holmes isn't a primary offensive force and Withers... Makes me wonder if you could put many players in that position and they'd get their numbers - e.g., someone like Dowdell even. Maybe it's what he needed to get some momentum and not just self-belief but appreciation of what's required.

Don't know how confident I'd be about Withers if I was a Crocs fan. Moving him to top of my first-cut list, ahead of Scott.

Reply #380178 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I was never confident with the Withers signing, if only because the Crocs announced they had narrowed down their big man search to a shortlist of guys, and a day or two later they sign Withers, who wasn't even on that shortlist.

Makes him seem like a real contingency...

But, yeah, it's still the pre-season. If both Forte and Withers are putting up these kinds of numbers three rounds in, I would expect either or both of them to be handed a ticket and a window-seat...

Reply #380181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The form of both imports must be very concerning for Crocs fans.

Reply #380220 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:08 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754