Topic #29392 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

Again?

Reply #380247 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

he got tossed out of the Kings Vs Cats game

http://www.nbl.com.au/news/article/2012/september/cats-crown-kings-in-tournament-opener/

Reply #380248 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Daniel Johnson getting it done offensively again

Reply #380249 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Last game it was Tom Dooly, this game it's Tom Daley. How hard is it to get "Daly" right on the stat sheet?

Also lol @ Pero Vasilgvic

Reply #380252 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Shane Heal is such a tool that he gets ejected in a pre-season game, he's off to a great start coaching Sydney.

Gibson & Johnson getting the job done so far, it's great to see, hopefully they'll be our two stable players who can consistently contribute

Reply #380253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Main couple of team things i've taken from the first game and a half.
Scoring isn't an issue.
Defense and rebounding still is.

Reply #380254 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Love Shane Heal

Reply #380256 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Corin Henry 15 shots so far.Aaron Bruce 1.Dont be shy Corin!!!

Reply #380257 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Hill 3/4 from 3

Reply #380258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Massingale seems to be a good inclusion. (well Impressive so far)

Reply #380259 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

He subbed Weigh off!!!

Reply #380260 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

Troubling to me is with the amount of talent we have Weigh is still getting the majority of minutes! he has 26 minutes in the 28 that have elapsed... and players who are much more influential to the game like shensher, johnson getting 20... so why? why? weigh is useless... creeks barely notched 20 and massingales made 11 poiojnts in 11 minutes ands has been efficient in both games hes played

Reply #380261 | Report this post

Opt  
Years ago

Creeks stat line once again looking much better then weighs.

Reply #380262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is there a link to live stats or something similar

Reply #380263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How does Weigh get 3 points from 2 FGs?

Reply #380264 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Cadee!!

Reply #380265 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

Johnson only 2 rebounds in almost 28 minutes? Nobody in double figures? Scary.

Reply #380266 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

Good to see Cadee lighting it up, and efficiently too.

Reply #380267 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Is a bit of a concern when Gruber dominated the boards last night, and Garlepp has 10 tonight. Both pretty mediocre players.

Reply #380268 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

00:21 21, D. Johnson, foul personal 94-87 7
00:21 94-87 7 35, D. Lazare, rebound offensive
00:21 94-87 7 10, I. Crosswhite, shot 2pt missed
00:21 94-87 7 10, I. Crosswhite, rebound offensive
00:23 94-87 7 35, D. Lazare, shot 2pt missed
00:25 94-87 7 35, D. Lazare, rebound offensive
00:27 94-87 7 33, J. Harvey, shot 3pt missed

this shows the 36ers cannnot rebound ^

Reply #380269 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

Yep this Creek v Weigh thing is become an issue now. Those minutes just have to even out.

Reply #380270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not great only beating the Kings by 6 points when Perth smashed them by 27 the night before.

Reply #380271 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Its not the same thing.

Against Perth, sydney were without Shane Heal.

He is at least worth 20 points (of influence).

Reply #380272 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

So we didnt persue Diamon Simpson this year..does it look like we upgraded so far? He was our biggest rebounder as well as a competent scorer under the ring.

Reply #380273 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Marcus Camby? Ex-SBL?

Reply #380274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hear about guaranteed minutes being offered in the ABL to attract new players but surely at this level it doesn't happen.

All i can say is that he must have been playing awesome defence and do all the team things on offense because his stats for the first two games are not impressive

We have the makings of a deep and very good team but i just don't understand . Is everyone else so unfit that they can't stay on the court for long. Who knows but I want to watch and see some of the others get more court time

Reply #380275 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In pre-season, why not run Creek or Massingale more at the expense of Weigh? Like really play Creek. 30+ minutes. See what happens. 12, 5 and 4 in 18 minutes is great. No foul trouble. Closed out the game with Weigh at PF and three guards so not opposed to the three guard strategy.

I do think the coaches think Weigh follows team strategy best. Can't think of any other explanation short of stubbornness. Unless they don't want Weigh playing bulk PF to spare minutes for others because Petrie will be doing that in real games and others need to get used to playing their regular spots.

Reply #380276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly, Creek from the stats i have seen is doing more than Weigh in less minutes, so he should be getting atleast 20-25 mins per game in the real season, id love to see him let loose for 25 mins a game in the real season, i reckon he would do great. Clarke no need to protect him because he is young, the kid is ready to play.

Hopefully when Petrie comes back Weighs mins will drop to around 20 per game, he is a decent/fairly versatile player, but not worth much more than 15- 20 mins agame imo. I was excited when we got him thinking he would be a big upgrade on Hill or Holmes, in some ways he probably is, but overall he is probably at about the same level as the other 2, so shouldnt be getting more mins than the they were in there last season with the 36ers.

Anyway go 36ers, just hope the coaches get the rotations right asap, as we have a great roster, would hate to see poor rotations (ie playing Weigh too much regardless of form) cost us wins.

Reply #380277 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I think this is the first time we've ever beaten Aaron Bruce . So we've upgraded , but we are being Weighed down .

Reply #380278 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I agree Isaac, it's worth giving Creek, Massingale the time to see what they can produce in starting type minutes

Reply #380279 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

The biggest issue for me is it appears that we have a better lineup than we did last year, but so far the coaching hasnt improved at all..

Reply #380283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coaching will never improve and with the money spent on this 6'ers team, they should almost be winning it all. Martys last year and chance.

Reply #380284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont underestimate their stubbornness.... pathetically.

Reply #380294 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Weigh may train harder than others and follow the game plan so in return gets more minutes?

Reply #380295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weigh is playing 3/4 and is covering Petrie minutes,haters are weak!! And some more info , 6ers have spent less money this year and have a great squad, they have money in the just incase fund. Never happy some people!!!

Reply #380314 | Report this post

forcey  
Years ago

Good win over the Kings, the form of CJ, DJ, Cadee and Mitch very promising. Mitch will keep knocking on the door for more minutes if he keeps up his preseason form. More on my blog here

http://www.36reasons.net/2012/09/ive-just-got-back-from-philippines-and.html

Reply #380327 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:10 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754