Anonymous
Years ago

people with long careers and not sure why

Some players stay a while in the professional leagues and really it is hard to understand as it is hard to see them as a standout talent. To get to the nbl or whichever league obviously they are good to stay they are very good.

Dan Kickert- was below me at school, apart from his height I just do not get what it is about him is out of place in the boomers odd game he plays.

Bennie Lewis- Is athletic sure.

Graham Dann- Can do the odd nice thing

My point is some players you can just see and it seems that they are not that good. Happens in every sport footy, cricket (Steve Smith) and league

Topic #29395 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Odd long careers have been happening in the NBA for years... no explanation.

Reply #380322 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Most will only be odd to fans rather than their coaches.

Reply #380323 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

You answered your own questions in your own first post:

Dan Kickert- his height

Bennie Lewis- Is athletic

Graham Dann- Can do the odd nice thing

Reply #380325 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

Kickert should never ever have played on a Boomers team and I am glad that there are plenty of alternatives to him these days. Bennie Lewis isnt bad, he hasnt really been given minutes ever that I have seen. and Graham Danns really one of thoes players who shouldve gone further then he has but just stagnated and is at best a role player on any NBL team.. probably not someone I would wanna waste a roster spot on tho.. I think you can fit Ben Allen into that mold a bit, you would want him to improve this year or play elsewhere.

Reply #380326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From the outside looking in- it does (look like) Nbl teams are just so scared of trying new talent and LOVE to recycle blokes within the "system"/nbl

- they do get a few new rookies out of college
But the tendency seems to be role players get recycled with blokes in seabl knocking on the door of these players' but getting no real chance.. Until years and years of proving themselves in the state leagues

Reply #380437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love the fact that 2 stupid coaches sacked Ballinger and Redhage who now both have long careers.
No wonder neither coaches are in the NBl anymore.

Reply #380438 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Isaac Forman. Would have thought that he would have upgraded from a Maserati by now from a Ferrari but just can't quite seem to crack that next level.

Reply #380440 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

When was Balls sacked? Got picked up from the Hawks. Thinking of Rychart maybe?

Anon, new talent doesn't know the systems, might be painful to coach, etc. How many games did David Cooper and Steve Leven play?

Reply #380450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Balls was released by the Victoria Giants too.

Reply #380453 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Redhage was sacked because he sucked, traveled all the time and had very little impact for an import. He took a pay cut, headed out to Perth and has since improved.

Reply #380454 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Was Balls released or just not recontracted at the end of a season? Wikipedia says he played the season. NBLWiki has him down for 33 games that season.

Reply #380456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah Balls was never sacked at the giants.

Reply #380466 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Sometime I forget how long Ballinger has been in the league

Reply #380470 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The orig anon must've been thinking about Rychart who was released interstate and salvaged by Adelaide.

Reply #380482 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

potentially the giants folded at the end of that season?

Reply #380495 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:05 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754