????
Years ago

School KO

Is it true but has Pasadena knocked off all the big skool teams like LeFever and Trinity in their KO games? Gee Wizz this team must be good!! wat every1 think?

Topic #294 | Report this topic

Player89  
Years ago

With someone like Jo Ingles in a team they would always have to do a fairly good job.

Reply #2220 | Report this post

Player89  
Years ago

One thing i forgot to mention sorry is to watch out for cabra's open team as in year 8 i think it was the team took it out and they have only gotten better now adding Adam benson to the line-up they could go a long way!

Reply #2221 | Report this post

????  
Years ago

adam benson is no match for joe ingles....

Reply #2225 | Report this post

team 1  
Years ago

one player wont win the game for them and thats all they got, to much depth for cabra

Reply #2226 | Report this post

bystander  
Years ago

Maybe they'll both make the grand final and play each other.

Oh wait, that would be when and where? Guess they'll have to come up with a new date for the final now too.

Reply #2227 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

I'd take Benson over Ingles any day...

Reply #2228 | Report this post

Player89  
Years ago

Who else has Ingles got on his team? One player is an old Cabra student in year 10. Plays sturt div 3s and is tiny. I dont think that with someone like that on your team even with Jo could beat a team like Cabra.

Reply #2231 | Report this post

Sixersfan  
Years ago

Pasadena will smash Cabra! Pasadena beat us by 20 and Jo wasn't even trying. We beat Cabra by about 10 points after that. LeFevre have lost some games cos they didn't have their state players.

Ingles over Benson any day!

Reply #2238 | Report this post

g  
Years ago

half of cabra will prob not even be seniors- happens year after year.

Reply #2252 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

I heard on the grapevine PAC smashed Cabra...true? And on Benson, what grade is he now? Was he my grade (ie Yr 12 2002), or is he doing year 12 over two years (2003/4). Either way, that's a mighty big advantage!

Reply #2255 | Report this post

Player89  
Years ago

At the moment Adam is doing year 13! PAC did smash Cabra but Cabra had 3 players and 3 of which normally play open (Dave Shinnick, Matt Jarrad and Choongy from NT state) they had 2 fill ins. One from year 10 that plays under 16s f/ville and also a year 10 girl played for them! they were not even close to their full team! I heard that Adam will not be playing knockout due to his commitment with the 6ers and is not allowed too.

Reply #2262 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Yeah, I heard they wouldn't let Holmes or Ng play unigames last year for a similar reason...fair enough too they pay the wage they cant afford to have their employees injured or not on the job.

Reply #2266 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Or was it year before? Cant remember.

Reply #2267 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Hey Yogee if you're going to be MOD then get rid of the names. If we can't post names of people playing Junior DISTRICT basketball (because of the opinion of ONE coach) then we definately shouldn't be allowed to mention names of school ballers.

Reply #2268 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Andy, both Benson and Ingles play Senior ABL and are up for discussion by the "rules" of the community. No one has passed judgement on individual performances of the others named, so they'll stand unless someone presents a good reason for their removal.

As I've said, this is a pretty vague guideline but as long as you're not commenting on the individual merits or otherwise of younger players you're OK. If they've played at a higher level, they're open for discussion. All I can see here is a bit of Benson vs Ingles, but nothing too specific.

I'd send them both to AIS, and over there they'll have be ready to take comment on their performance.

Reply #2278 | Report this post

Yothu  
Years ago

So you are saying they both should be going to the AIS. What is the age limit for the tute. Do you really think benson could go their??? How would that happen

Reply #2300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Send Benson to the AIS!?! Are you serious!?

Reply #2301 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Did Bronson Kies go to the AIS? I've seen him play twice and heard that he did, but couldn't see why. He's not a bad player, but he didn't seem like he'd make the NBL.

Now, I've seen Benson get minutes in most ABL games with the Sabres and the worst he's done is missed shots. I've not seen him screw up a pass, not take an opportunity or not go hard at the boards. He's agile and has the right mindset to at least have a chance at taking his game further.

Ingles would definitely have to be a chance.

But then I don't really know what selection criteria (age, etc) that they use.

Reply #2303 | Report this post

Info man  
Years ago

The AIS picks their people on Nationals performaces (mostly) and from information from their local ITC programs. Bronson ripped up 18 Nationals and they were hoping he could become a slashing/rebounding off-guard and realised while at the AIS he'd need work on his range. This was at the same Nationals Benson was at, and played mainly a defensive role.

Also a players age comes into it as the AIS is about preparing players for the next level, playing for Australia. Starting with U20 and U23 duties.

Reply #2305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, Bronson went to the AIS.. If you think Benson should go to the AIS then you'd have to include numerous other players who have never been to the tute and are much higher calibre players than him, like Webber or Burdon, for example.

Reply #2306 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Well last year they took in some guys first year out of U20s (Lucas Walker from Tas..) to prepare for the next U23 Worlds.

Reply #2321 | Report this post

. . . .  
Years ago

does anyone know when the Open KnockOut finals are on?

Cabra, SAC, Unley look to be the stronger teams...

what do you all think?

Reply #2324 | Report this post

Player89  
Years ago

What is Pasadenas full line-up? Does anyone out there know?

Reply #2326 | Report this post

Monkey Wench  
Years ago

Just for everyones interest, Adam Benson is currently doing YEAR 14!!!! He failed year 12 TWICE, surely he shouldnt be eligible to play, anyway I wouldnt read too much into the results, as he is a good 2-3 years older than everyone else. Benson is renouned for his crumbling under pressure, and all that needs to be done is to hit him a few times, talk some "smack" and he's gone. On the other hand Ingles is a very talented player who deserves to go to the tute. Benson is a good 20s player, but an average to poor 10-20 minute ABA player and yet still finds a way to the 6ers training!!! If he went to the Tute, which he wont, then Australian basketball is in SERIOUS trouble!

Reply #2329 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think I'd take any involvement in a Sixers program more seriously than the judgement of an anonymous Monkey on here. But thanks for your little report anyway.

I think they're both good players. I'd bet on Ingles' future first, but I think Benson is decent too.

Reply #2332 | Report this post

basman  
Years ago

benson over jingles, i assume you are joking. anyone outside of a mental hospital knows that joe could wipe the floor with benson. who cares about the rest of the pasadena team, they dont need them. i think people are forgetting that 45 points in 26 minutes effort at the u/18 nationals. i could never imagine someone like benson taking over a game to that degree. if he dominates school ball, who cares? he is 2, 3 years older than the rest of the comp, and still acts like he is king of the world when he is playing against these developing 16 year olds. he is already fully developed and his game aint going nowhere. joe vs benson.... no contest.

Reply #2333 | Report this post

Yothu  
Years ago

Well i can tell you now i have never seen joe ingles make an assist or set a hard pick to get someone open. Its not always about scoring. Its good to see webber making it??? He can talk it but can't walk it!!! I've seen him play 20's and all he does is shoot it every time and try and prove a point that he is the man. Burdon is way better than webber. For starters he is taller and doesn't have little man syndrome, he would have more of a chance at making than webber. The difference between Benson and Ingles is that benson takes the right shots and plays hard defence. When has ingles ever guarded someone in the post... NEVER!!! and when has he set a pick and played tough D.... NEVER!!!! So Mr Monkey Wrench grow some balls before and know what you are talkin about before you get jealous of other people succeeding especially over benson and ingles.

Reply #2340 | Report this post

Yoth, I only time well tell if you are right or not. I dont know how Webber came into the discussion but anyway....

Although I wouldnt quite put it like Monkey, only time well tell if he is right or not in terms of Ingles (17 yr old player) or Benson (19 yr old trash talking genius) go to the AIS.

Reply #2343 | Report this post

Yothu  
Years ago

well we'll see who will be the man to break the nbl then. my tip benson. and i brought webber up because they mentioned something before about him and comparing them to ingles and benson.

Reply #2349 | Report this post

Raab Himself  
Years ago

Regarding Ingles, if you are refering to his D at ABL level, remember his is 17 and its his first season. There were other guys on the floor guarding the bigger guys. To those who think he plays no defence, i refer you to the stats from the u/18 nationals where he was in the top of most statistical categories including IMPORTANTLY, BLOCKED SHOTS and STEALS!

No defence? i guess he just got lucky enought times? In the 45 point game in 26 minutes, i believe he also had 7 steals, 7 blocks and 8 assists...

STICK THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT!

Reply #2352 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

I'll be up for that!!!

Jingles will run a riot over any other player that has been mentioned in this thread! The only way people can say his D is questionable is because he is guarding guys who are twice his weight!

I'm with Raab, Check his stats from the Nationals!

Benson is a flop and I don't know who webber is!

I'll give you the bag to put in your pipe to smoke it!

Reply #2353 | Report this post

Yothu  
Years ago

Ok fair enough, but what did he keep his player to on Defence??? i heard the player he guarded wasn't the best in the team, other players guarded their best players whilst ingles was guarding the not so good player. He is simply not a hustler he expects eveything given to him on a silver platter!!! Benson on the other hand can play tough defence and come down the other end of the court take the right shot, set a good pick, give an assist and clean up the scraps....

Put that one in your pipe!!

Reply #2364 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

To summarise - everyone has an opinion on certain players and don't give a shit about the quality of the other. I can merely say that Benson and Ingles are both quality players and will bring forward the very old adage - they will probably cancel each other out! Who else do Pasadena have?

Reply #2384 | Report this post

Jimmy  
Years ago

Four current or past Division One junior players who all know their roles.

Oh and a certain ABL grand finalist running the show.

Reply #2388 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Please elaborate! I only hear reports from guys on my team and my brother on which teams have which players in the school comp, and haven't heard squat about Pasadena except alot of Ingles-love. You can name names as long as you don't criticise or anything!

Reply #2393 | Report this post

Player89  
Years ago

i know a few of them.

Aaron Forsythe - Under 18 div 2 player for southern. Plays big but is a bit undersized

Sorren - Plays 18 1s i think for Sturt. Don't know too much about him

Mikele Kuhar - Plays 18 3s for Sturt and is about 5 ft. He will not get much court as he is only year 10 and too small

??Michael?? - 18 2s for Centrals. Most probably bench warmer.

Reply #2397 | Report this post

Player89  
Years ago

Trevor - Doesn't play for anyone but has skills and is as quick as anything
Rohan - I think he plays country ball
Aaron - Used to play for Sturt not sure if he still does but he is an allright big man

Reply #2402 | Report this post

basman  
Years ago

maybe that is why jingles WILL go to the institute. he is already an awesome player, and you are pointing out his weaknesses, which means that they can work on his weaknesses at the institute, and he can become even better. he has potential. benson, according to you, is already the complete player, so where is the need for him to go to the AIS. jingles is already better than benson, and has the potential to improve even more, which is what i thought the AIS is all about, developing the young players with plenty of superstar ingredients.

Reply #2453 | Report this post

Yothu  
Years ago

Mate i use to train with benson at state and now i play against him. He is no where near his peak. at the moment he has a good inside game, great defence, and a great want for the ball offensively and defensively. Maybe thats why the 6ers asked both of these guys to go to the 6ers so Breheny and Smyth can see how much potential they have.

Reply #2470 | Report this post

get ova it  
Years ago

are we talking about KNOCKOUT anymore?? hows bout u start a new topic session ... Benson vs. Ingles

Reply #2528 | Report this post

sickofit  
Years ago

dude he cant play d if his life depended on it, all he does is O and D board, doesnt get out of second gear and definately aint NBL material. get over him overrated

Reply #2530 | Report this post

The Highlight  
Years ago

What happened to Knock out. there are six other teams in the comp. not just pasadena and cabra. what is the groups for the knock out any way. I reckon that you might find a couple of surprise packet teams who no one woulda thought of doing anything. who stands a chance of winning. or finishing second coz apparently pasadena are unbeatable coz they got 1 player.

Reply #2533 | Report this post

lalala  
Years ago

yeah no joke... i think joe .. i mean pasadena are a good team but there are sum other good teams out there....

Reply #2555 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

So which other teams?

Pasadena
Cabra
Le Fevre
Unley

All seem to be teams mentioned on the forum.

Trinity? Who else?

Reply #2556 | Report this post

The Highlight  
Years ago

Le fevre already got knockd out. If Cabra dont have Benson they aint even gonna go close to winning. Unley dont really have anyone who can step up in a big game for them to win it. sure they will win their fair share of games this year but thet arent good enough to win the comp. Trinity are outsiders. Who else is in there? there are four other teams what are they??

PAC? Maybe.

Reply #2564 | Report this post

The Highlight  
Years ago

And what about Pembroke. They have a fairly strong team. if there not in it who knocked em out??

Reply #2566 | Report this post

basman  
Years ago

pembroke, if they are in it, will not go close. pac, now there is your outsider with a good chance. i will not be surprised if these boys make it to the final. they are well-drilled, they know how everyone else in the team plays, they take their basketball seriously and have alot of depth. their own problem is their hot-headed PG, once he gets fired up, he will be kicked out of the stadium, and so will any chance they had of winning the title.

Reply #2594 | Report this post

school ball  
Years ago

How are the girls going, how's in finals who are favs???

and unley fellas beat merc by 10 and merc lost to cabra by 1 or 2... SHOULD BE A GOOD GAME NEXT MONDAY!!!!!

Reply #2599 | Report this post

bball  
Years ago

girls = SAC
CABRA
UNLEY
IMMANUEL/MODBURY??

do we know who is still left in the rounds, and who goes onto the finals on thursday/friday??

Reply #2601 | Report this post

SCHOOLIES  
Years ago

SAC arent in.... are they, NO nomination??

unley and cabra will def go to finals dunno about modbury tho.. immaneul i have no clue

Reply #2634 | Report this post

coach  
Years ago

pools for the finals on thursday and friday are:

Boys pool A - Pasadena, faith, unley, PAC
Pool B - Cabra trinity wirreanda black friars

Girls groups are, A: cabra, mt barker loreto naracoorte
pool B: unley, sacred heart immanuel mt gambier

Reply #2650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the boys final will be between pasadena and black friars. both are good teams with some good palyers. but can anyone stop joe? i dont think so, my tip is pasadena by 9. mind you they should have won it last year with a much better team (ingles, bedson, pearce, smith) but didnt even make finals.

the girls final will be contested between Cabra and Unley. (dark horses would be narraacoorte and the mount) i think will be too good and win by 14. what do you think?

Reply #2652 | Report this post

School ball  
Years ago

what are u on about with the dark horses and 14 points??

Reply #2654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dark horses becuase i have no idea what they are like becasue i havent seen them play. i definately left out that cabra will win by 14 points. looking forward to seeing the game though, should be a cracker

Reply #2655 | Report this post

The Highlight  
Years ago

Pasadena have 1 decent player. If a team can have 5 solid contributers on offence and defence. and some decent contribution off the bench then Joe cant stop em all. he could score 40 points but they cant win if the teams they play can play a team game. Pasadena have no other scorers.

Reply #2665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the many times i have seen pasadena play joe has been able to create shots for his team mates, all his team mates have to do is move and make a lay up which i think they can do...well some of them. i dont think some teams have the right temprement to be able to win the title this year. there are 3 teams there that wont win simply cause they have some head cases.

Reply #2667 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

please explain to me why the basketball "focus" schools perform badly and the others with no focus - win well. seems a bit of a paradox this "basketball focus"

Reply #2668 | Report this post

The Highlight  
Years ago

And what are those three teams which have headcases. People can lose there temper but that dont mean they are gonna lose. Teams have more than one player. Except for of course Pasadena.

Reply #2694 | Report this post

brian  
Years ago

Who ha PAC got in there team???? ne club players etc??

Reply #2719 | Report this post

Player 89  
Years ago

chris form woodville that looks like a wanker with big socks. div 3

Brad from forestville div 2

Sam forestville div 2

Reply #2721 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

thanks mate, this is joe ingles. we got them in our pool just wondering who they had. thanks mate.

Reply #2724 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

PAC also has Sam Eley, Norwood U18 Div 2; Nic Blair, Norwood U18 Div 1; Chris Donaldson, Norwood U20 Div 1. Fair assortment of district players and an experienced coach.

Reply #2748 | Report this post

Yosemite Sam  
Years ago

j Bags, where are you? time for some quality information about what's going on down South?

Reply #2751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hey joe, u didn't happen to start this conversation did you?

Reply #2762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who won the title last year for the boys and girls?

Reply #2779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

to my knowledge there is only 1 basketball focus school in SA and thats pasadena. they have done pretty well since becoming a focus school. newley, bedson and now ingles all coming out of the program (how much the program had to do with their development i dont know). mia newley is also at pasadena and is a gun. what pasadena dont have is great depth. there are only about 400 students at the school so it would be hard to have 7-8 good open players. how can the school attract good basketball playesr? offer a scholarship? who is gonna want to go to pasadena on a scholarship?

Reply #2780 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

Sounds a bit like a school called Lake Gininderra (not 100% re the spelling)in Canberra that won the National Schools Comp when I was playing in 1997.

That is the school that some of the AIS bball players go to.

In 1997 they had David Smith (formerly of the Melbourne Tigers) and David Andersen playing for them. They may have had another AIS guy as well but I can't remember.

The rest of the team were your average high school social bball players making the team quite funny to watch. They still won the whole thing with Andersen averaging 40 and 20.

The only game they lost was to the NSW team that featured Gary Boodnikoff. Peter Crawford played for the Townsville High School team.

It was definitely interesting watching future NBL players playing high school ball where they had the green light.

Has anybody been to the National Schools Comp since and has it featured any other NBL players?

Reply #2785 | Report this post

NSBT  
Years ago

i have been recently and rhys carter played for lake gininderra (also dont know the spelling), graham dann played for...townsville high maybe, lloyd lewis has played for john paul and i think he is with brisbane now, newley also played for the lakers and pasadena a few years b4 that. im not sure of who else, im sure there would be a few more. what schools from SA are going this year?

Reply #2791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Henley High and Cabra (I think) are basketball focus schools also.

Reply #2812 | Report this post

I think you will find that Cabra is not a focus school. It is just a school with tradition in basketball that has had a lot of basketball lpayers go there because of friends.

Reply #2814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh okay thanks. I thought it was because a woman once offered me a scholarship to go there "for the basketball". She must've been off her rocket.
Henley definately is a basketball focus school though.

Reply #2873 | Report this post

Player 89  
Years ago

Cabra is chucking out girls scolarships like there is no end to them. Nearly all of the Cabra open team are on scolarships or have been recruited by Cabra!

Reply #2874 | Report this post

Player 89  
Years ago

Updates today for KO! Cabra boys beat Wirreanda by 30+ and also beat Trinity by 3! Cabra girls won both their games but not sure by how much!

Reply #2930 | Report this post

bball  
Years ago

cabra beat trinity and wirreanda today... without benson...

Reply #2931 | Report this post

x=x=x=x  
Years ago

i saw the cabra girls beat mt barker and loreto by 35-40pts each... theyre in strong form. Unley girls also performing extremely well.

question, Player89, you are sayin that nearly ALL the girls are scholarships for bball.. please go on... because i know these girls very well.. and i think ud find only a few of them are on scholarships. and nearly all of them besides 3, started at cabra from yr 6 r 8. gets your facts straight!

Reply #2933 | Report this post

Player 89  
Years ago

5 out of 9 have been recruited or are on scholarships out of 9 i do think, correct me of i'm wrong x=x=x=x

Reply #2934 | Report this post

x=x=x=x  
Years ago

who are you?

Reply #2936 | Report this post

Player 89  
Years ago

why so interested?

Reply #2937 | Report this post

Player 89  
Years ago

im starting to think that you are a cabra student if you know the girls very well!

Reply #2938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how are some schools expected to compete with cabra (in the girls) when they can just offer scholarships to anyone?
in my opinion pasadena look like the team to beat with joe unstoppable. black friars look good in the other pool.
who would be in the all star 5 teams for the boys and girls pool A comp this year?

Reply #2943 | Report this post

Years ago

i think ull find that cabra is NOT suppose to be offering these scolarships...but its somehow beating the system

Reply #2948 | Report this post

Guess who  
Years ago

With all this discussion about individual players, (and I'm not sure I like so much naming/slandering of players who may still only be 16 years old) you should remember the old saying about a champion team beating a team of champions any day!

Reply #2965 | Report this post

Fat Elvis  
Years ago

Why should schools not give scholarships. I know for a fact that Pasadena have scholarships which involve the payment of money to players at their school.

If a school see's a benefit in having a student in their school community, surely it is up to them. Just the same as if a family can see the benefit of havnig their child receive a better education than they are currently getting because of their kids basketball ability.

Sounds like sour grapes. And I think you will find that all the Cabra student do pay fee's of some kind.

Reply #2966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree fat elvis... im a student at cabra and even those on scholarships do pay fees! its only a fee REDUCTION. and Anonymous, how are schools supposed to compete with us? with OTHER VERY TALENTED PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE! Unley, Immanuel, SAC, Sacred Heart, four teams off the top of my head that are competing well.

sour grapes alright!

Reply #3000 | Report this post

bball fan  
Years ago

FINALS

OPEN A GIRLS= Cabra vs. Immanuel
OPEN A BOYS= Pasadena vs. Black Friars

Reply #3001 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Gee, who would've guessed :D

Reply #3002 | Report this post

Chump  
Years ago

Word on the street is that Chris "Air" Clausen was callin a couple of players on the opositon team chin nutz! after some huge dunks in trinty's last game. Not something ya see every day in school ball in Australia.

Reply #3004 | Report this post

basman  
Years ago

i called it..... weeks ago i said that if the PAC point guard loses his cool, as he almost always does, then PAC won't beat any of the top teams in KO. In the pasadena vs pac game yesterday, it was a very tight and tense game, and he got fouled out 2 minutes into the 3rd quarter, only to get himself teched for swearing as he was exiting the court. they lost the game, and had to play blackfriars in the semi where they lost that too. well done mate.

Reply #3013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i know for fact that as of a few years ago some Cabra staff / memebers stated to other players and parents that there were no scolarships however girls were on them whilst they never existed.....meaning NO fees what so ever (well thats what these players knew of) perhaps things have changed now

Reply #3021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

basman how the hell do you know so much about the PAC team and especially their PG. as a matter of fact he doesn't lose his cool ALL the time. he carries that team

Reply #3118 | Report this post

nall  
Years ago

Pasadena is lucky to be in the finals. it should have been a PAC Blackfriers final. Blackfriers will win easy. Joe is one player Blackfriers is a team

Reply #3150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i play for PAC, blackfriars will surely win by double digits.

Reply #3173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

black friars will win it easy. ingles can only carry that team so far.

Reply #3175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i kno alot bout this pasadena team! this team is good! they actualy do hav several players that can guard all the blacks players. they work'd like a team and thats how they got to this final...sundays game will be awesome! yeah the blacks boys r good but pasadena can compete with them and will to the final siren!!!! guarenteed!

Reply #3179 | Report this post

The Highlight  
Years ago

i dont reckon that pasadena do have the talent to guard all of the blacks team. i have watched this team play and no one so far has been able to contain their height. there whole starting five is over 6 foot, no questin blackfriars will win.

Reply #3246 | Report this post

nall  
Years ago

passa could hardly match up PAC. if PAC were on it would have been a definate PAC win. blackfriars are deep. passa is one player shallow. blackfriars will win no doubt

Reply #3269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nah uve al got it rong! pasa was the best defensive team @ the m/vale tournament! they shut every down! haha they didint struggle against pac, pac had to go to a scrappy game! the only way they could stay in it! al pasa needs to do is shut down leif, spud and the lanky guy and they'll hav this game! but none the less, it'l be a great game!

Reply #3289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leif can shut down Joe easy.. ALL OVER!

Reply #3304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no doubt it will be an waesome match but dont rule pasa out to early, as said earlier they did a pretty good job shutting down big game players at m/vale and pac were knocking sum dumb shots which helped keep them lookin good. blackfriars look like a mighty side but pasadena play wicked as a team.

Reply #3306 | Report this post

nall  
Years ago

PAC was off their game. if they were on passa would have had no chance. PAC played scrap basketball because thats how they were being defended, SCRAPPY. it should have been a blackfriars PAC final no doubt in my mind

Reply #3307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahahaha ur a funny bloke! ask ne of the blackfries guys and all other players there and ask them who they think deserve to be in the final! i guarntee all the blacks boys would say pasadena!

Reply #3312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and most of the other skools there would say pasadena to!

Reply #3313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

honestly who do u think u r PAC?? ur SHIT!!!! it should be a blacks vs pasadena GF they were the two best teams there

Reply #3316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

let's create a little more controversy and name a boys and girls all star 5 of the round robin comp at M/vale.
and coach too

Reply #3338 | Report this post

baller  
Years ago

well who are the stars of each of the teams that were there?

Reply #3339 | Report this post

The Highlight  
Years ago

obviously pac doesnt deserve to be there coz they couldnt beat either of the teams that are in the final. If it were to be a blacks pac final, no contest. Blacks have already beaten PAC twice. Pasadena dont go deep enough to beat Blacks. Is there an all star 5 thing for KO. Umpires were giving out votes after games.

Reply #3377 | Report this post

nall  
Years ago

PAC should have beaten pasadena. the have the ability to beat blackfriars aswell. do you think they were trying in the semi because by the look of them i sure didn't. they lost to blackfriars by 12 the previous time but only one of their players was in double figures. back to joe ingles, oops sorry i mean pasadena, they were LUCKY to beat an off game PAC. if you think pasadena deserve the finals spot over PAC you have got your head up your arse.

Reply #3390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

deleted - please dont use the forum just to abuse others

Reply #3391 | Report this post

slrgh  
Years ago

i think the all star 5 for the guys comp should read

spud-blacks/blair-pac
jordan kies-faith
lief-blacks
joe-pasadena
lankey guy-blacks/donaldson-pac

coach would be the guy from blacks because his team had easy the most structure there.

i have no idea about the girls comp

Reply #3392 | Report this post

TryHard  
Years ago

If they werent trying in a semi final they hardly deserve to be on a basketball court let alone in a final.

Reply #3394 | Report this post

nall  
Years ago

Yawn....all this language is sooo boring.....

Reply #3395 | Report this post

Care Factor  
Years ago

It's school basketball people...get over it, who cares anyway

Reply #3396 | Report this post

nall  
Years ago

if PAC and pasadena played again PAC would win hands down. thats my opinion i don't have a worry in the world if you don't agree or not. this thread is opinion based and if you can't handle that then don't post replies

Reply #3398 | Report this post

slrgh  
Years ago

whos that?

Reply #3403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

as much as id like to agree with you care factor... school basketball has become a huge and important event to many people. this crap about pac/pas has gotta seriously stop. PAC are a great team and gave pasadena a run for their money, and if given the chance MAYBE they would win, but they werent so GET OVER IT!

good luck to black friars and pasadena on sunday night.

my tips
- cabra over immanuel by about 20pts
- blacks over pas (close game though)

Reply #3405 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

See, while I agree that if people don't care about the thread they just shouldn't read it, if you're all just abusing each other, then I think you're all tools & should take it back to the school yard :-).

Reply #3406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pasadenas coach Richard Hill, hes an absolute champion of a guy. and obviously knows his stuff.

Reply #3408 | Report this post

nall  
Years ago

right on, im over it now.
blackfriars will win by double digets.

the pasadena coach did not seem all that fantastic during the KO.

Reply #3412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jordan kies was overrated, i watched him in KO, he was crap, wat makes him in the KO top 5? hype?

Reply #3418 | Report this post

nall  
Years ago

all star KO five i think should be:

spud
jordan
shannon
lief
donaldson

i don't know what the coaches are like but i guess the pasadena one is probably pretty good

Reply #3419 | Report this post

nall  
Years ago

my bad swap lief with joe

Reply #3421 | Report this post

charmaine  
Years ago

what nall??
no ingles??

Reply #3423 | Report this post

GO AUSTRALIA!  
Years ago

so what about an all star 5 for the girls?? Someone mustve been watching the games..

Reply #3424 | Report this post

slrgh  
Years ago

i spose thats a pretty good point, he didn't perform like he was talked up to. redone
spud
blair
leif
joe
lank/donaldson

Reply #3425 | Report this post

nall  
Years ago

nah i made a mistake joe was in there from the start

Reply #3428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i'de take out donaldson. gets himself way too fired up ova nothin, and had no left hand wat so ever

Reply #3429 | Report this post

hoopsmaniac  
Years ago

what about eley from PAC, when i was watching he played pretty well, then again i only saw them play against Unley, coz i play for them. And i agree about donaldson. Pasadena will win, Joe is the man!

Reply #3434 | Report this post

nall  
Years ago

it is true, he is one of those players that looks for a fight in anyone but i still think he was the best centre there. the talls from blacks i don't think were that fantastic. sure the guy could dunk and sure the other guy was huge but they didn't have enough skill in any other areas. donaldson can shoot outside and in and he is athletic, his game should be all interior and he doesn't really need a left hand

Reply #3438 | Report this post

hoopsmaniac  
Years ago

If your going to post about players, keep it factual, not slanderous opinion. If you are unsure of the rules of posting on the forum, you can normally find them above the main board on the front page. Have a pleasant day!!

Reply #3440 | Report this post

nall  
Years ago

eley is a great shooter no doubt. probably the best spot up 3 that played in the KO but how does he get his open looks? he needs a team behind him. the PAC team made him look great. he hasn't got any other skills apart from spotting up. he would not be anyones pick for an allstar 5. you need to do more than just shoot to be a gaurd

Reply #3444 | Report this post

nall  
Years ago

Now that was a little bit rude, don't you think?? Maybe 5 minutes over in the corner to cool down!!

Reply #3445 | Report this post

hoopsmaniac  
Years ago

yeh its true, i was only goin on the one game i saw

Reply #3446 | Report this post

GO AUSTRALIA!  
Years ago

how about those girls......

Reply #3453 | Report this post

nall  
Years ago

what happens if you swear?
You get little comments like this - or we can change your post to make you look REALLY silly - so I wouldnt :)

Reply #3454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isaac is going to tell you all off!

Reply #3457 | Report this post

GO AUSTRALIA!  
Years ago

Ne find out about the girls all stars...??

Reply #3458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i didnt see much of the girls KO on the thurs/fri but from what i did see i presume ;

abby bishop - cabra
cayla francis - cabra
tara robinson - unley
emma langford/jess mcphail- immanuel
emily sims - unley

Reply #3459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no All-star five officially. Just a MVP.

Reply #3460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who cares

Reply #3461 | Report this post

nall  
Years ago

i wonder who the MVP will be..........

Reply #3462 | Report this post

GO AUSTRALIA!  
Years ago

i care! so what its ok to talk on and on and on about the guys... geeze

Reply #3463 | Report this post

nall  
Years ago

whos that huge girl who plays for the mavs? i saw her there doesn't she dominate

Reply #3464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joe ingles for da guys
possibly emma langford for da girls, sore her play a couple and was pretty awesomw

Reply #3465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

my guess for mvp will be ;
abby bishop
jo ingles ??

could vary, but i spose it all depends on the results of friday night

Reply #3466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The best school with the best player is not in the School KO. Guess Who??? But look out for the Year 10 Knock out SAC are making an appearance with the player to watch.

Reply #3467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cayla francis --> the huge mavs chick

possibility for mvp.

emma langford really no chance for the mvp. there are too many stronger players than her. (not saying shes bad at all)

Reply #3468 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

no i dont think emma lang will get mvp. And from what i hear Cayla played average for the two days..

JOE all the way!!

Reply #3469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol SAC are really 'the best school' come on, how many times does cabra have to beat you before you can get over yourselves. i guess its just too bad that you didnt get to play ko

Reply #3470 | Report this post

roarproud  
Years ago

Hey guys i go to cabra and bensen is in NO WAY match for ingles, plus cabra got done by black friars...MV Ingles and Kayla Francis...duh!

Reply #3472 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Clausens?

Reply #3475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

huh, libertine?

Reply #3477 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

u mean chris clausens.. like is he up for mvp?

Reply #3481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

schoolies, do u play school ball?

Reply #3484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who is the person that goes 2 cabra and said that thing bout benson?

Reply #3487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

donaldson was one of the most overrated players there - plus he is a tool. joe will win the finals MVP hands down and probably the GF MVP too. judging by a few games that i saw trent from unley would be stiff not to make the all star fiv team.

Reply #3509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Speaking of All Star fives, in the girl's there were some talented players in Grade B, not just Grade A.

Ingles would surely win MVP.. the hype surrounding him during the whole tournament was enormous!

Reply #3510 | Report this post

Player 89  
Years ago

I think Tara Robinson is overrated! What thing about benson were you talking about?

Reply #3511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if you saw tara play in any of unley's games over the 2 days you would not say she is overrated. you have no idea.

Reply #3512 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

yeah i do play school bball

Reply #3513 | Report this post

Player 89  
Years ago

who do you play for schoolies if i may ask?

Reply #3514 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

unley

Reply #3515 | Report this post

Player 89  
Years ago

ohok, girls or boys?

Reply #3517 | Report this post

Player 89  
Years ago

who do you think will be all star 5 for boys and girls schoolies?

Reply #3518 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

The Boys:
Joe Ingles
Shannon
Jordan
Lief and Donaldson

The Girls:
I agree with Anonymous on the girls but i dont agree about Emily. I do believe she didn't do much at all over the 2 days. If anyone i would say Chloe Henderson seemed to stand out.

Reply #3522 | Report this post

Player 89  
Years ago

do you think T-Rob actually deserves to be in there? i think Rachelle Benson might even be in there before T-Rob!

Reply #3526 | Report this post

Player 89  
Years ago

no just kidding, i believe T-Rob worked to be where she is and she deserves it!

Reply #3527 | Report this post

slrgh  
Years ago

jordan in over blair? jordan is proably a better player but not in that tournament. don't select on hype

Reply #3553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trent Fieldes from Unley had a great tourny. his team didnt go well, but he dominated.

Reply #3571 | Report this post

The Highlight  
Years ago

Donaldson is overrated. All that needs to be done is aggrovate him a bit and his game goes all over the place. Blair is too hot headed get him aggrovated and he will lose focus. doesnt deserve to be there.

Reply #3573 | Report this post

Dense_shrub  
Years ago

Whoever said the blacks big men were crap are lost. The big blonde guy looks like he is bad but he owns the boards and scores pretty well. And the lanky dunker is generally awesome. He is a blocking machine, and has low post moves. If he is so crap and has no skill then why did he make U18 state.

Reply #3578 | Report this post

The Hunter  
Years ago

who is that gun greek long hair guy for blacks? he averaged 1.666ppg and dominated! the lanky dude(El-mac) is absolutely explosive and had a couple of huge dunks(5 actually) for the KO. Spud had an awesome KO and the blacks team spirit was great. Good luck to the BLACKS boys as they are truly kings among men.

Reply #3579 | Report this post

random  
Years ago

PAC had a tough game against pasadena and only lost by 5 but the coach used the same few players and by the time they were in the semis against blacks they had no fuel left in the tank to play. They had no chance against blacks because they were on their game but could have at least put up a decent fight. It was all over by the end of the first quarter...especially with tanky #50 scoring 7 points in the first few mins and blowing the game right open.spectacular!!

Reply #3580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think tara robinson has worked extremely hard to get where she has and does deserve it. As for MVP, i find it difficult to see that she will be awarded it, as unley are not in the final. Rachelle benson did play well over the tournament but lacked court time. Emily sims a little to inconsistent.

Abby Bishop
Cayla Francis
Tara Robinson
Kara Hargreaves
Chloe Henderson/Jess Mcphail??

Reply #3592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heads up for robinson she definately put int he hard yards to get to state level so late in her junior basketball. i say way to go girl!

Reply #3594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Michelle Kaminski, Megan Griffin, Teresa Kinross and Renee Jordan also played but only in B Grade... Do they count in the All Star 5?

Reply #3600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ok so we have all had a good talk on the previous KO matches and people hav played. wat i would like to know a bit more about is sundays game????? wat people think could be key match ups in both girls and guys games???

Reply #3608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cbc were the unlucky ones, JUST missing out on the k/o finals comp.

Reply #3609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ha ha funny, bad luck to cbc. but wat about the grand?? all this talk is on previous crap that cant be changed. how about sundays games.

Reply #3610 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

pas will beat blacks by 7
i feel a good game coming on..

cabra will beat immanuel by 26
i feel a not so good game, but could bring some suprises

Reply #3613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think if woodcroft college were in this tournament they would of got to the grand! they have several awesome players that could have shut even the likes of joe ingles and the blackfriers boys and even paul smith from cbc!!!!!!!

Reply #3633 | Report this post

The Highlight  
Years ago

Ha hahahhahahahahaha. Now that is funny. Pasadena by 7. The Blacks boys are too good. they have 9 people who can perform well. 4 of them can take over a game. Pasadena. 1 player.

I dont think so.
CBC no way they woulda done nething in ko

Reply #3635 | Report this post

Player 89  
Years ago

i think if B and C grade count for AllStar five that Mia newley would have to be int here for Pasadena!

Reply #3638 | Report this post

allstar 55  
Years ago

how does everyone think that le fevre would have done if they made the finals??????

Reply #3640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does ne1 kno who this "nall" guy is?

Reply #3641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

renee jordon is COMPLETELY OVERRATED! how the hell she made a state team is beyond me... no where near all star 5

Reply #3646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i totally agree

Reply #3648 | Report this post

Care Factor  
Years ago

Gee you girls are bitchy...

Reply #3654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

= sunday night =
despite pasadena having ingles, black friars will win. It will be a very close game, i think it will be alot like the PAS vs PAC game but with blacks on top.
immanuel saw the defeat of cabra in last years school knockout final. Cabra have been a little scrappy in their first halves, but then really shine. In the minor rounds cabra beat immanuel by about 15pts. shall be very intersting. my tips are cabra by 18.

Reply #3656 | Report this post

The Highlight  
Years ago

Who does Woodcroft College have that could shut down Pasadena and Blackfriars. Now this i gotta hear. No other team in the comp had nething that to stop either of em

Reply #3657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As awesome as Joey is i think some people may be a bit quick in underestimating his team mates. there starters have got sum strength to them and if they are all on there game and workin well off of jingles then blackfriars are in for a handlefull. Oh and im keen to here of thiswoodcroft side????

Reply #3663 | Report this post

D-Reb  
Years ago

the battle of the bogan schools.should be a high scoring game with ingles and the blacks boys going shot for shot.st.michael's should of made it but with a player retiring from school ball it left a massive hole in there team.pasadena by 2 points.

Reply #3666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ha ha, bogan schools. yer your probly rightt! i can say for sure that im lookin forward to playin it. i specialy didnt realise there was this much hype to it.

Rowan.
Pasadena Bogan

Reply #3668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

my cats sitting next to me

Reply #3697 | Report this post

Marlin  
Years ago

How does one poster get shutdown and abused for disagreeing with state team selections because of the age of the players when people are bagging school kids (e.g Renee Jordan) on this forum and no one seems to care?

Rather hypocritical I'd say.

Reply #3715 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

If you have a problem marlin, click on the "contact a moderator" link on the front page.

700+ posts a week at the moment, we cant be watching every thread all the time.

Reply #3718 | Report this post

lhguwir  
Years ago

i got a few things to say....blacks will beat passa. leif will step up and contain ingles, and the rest of their team shits on passadenas....who on passa's team can contain spud on the break????
Everyone is bagging donaldson and blair well they both started in 16 4/5s and now r 20 1's and 18 1's respectively....credit where credit's due. considerin pac made top 4, and i noticed it was a different coach, he was wearin a yr 12 '03' jumper, and only lost by a few buckets to passadena they r a very good team in my opinion. disregard the semi vs blacks they were all screwed u cud tell.

Reply #3720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah mate fair comments, pasadena hav soren gemo and trevor? i think his name is? who both caotainted jordan kies, cabra guards and jack from unley. bout pac being srewed in the seni, all the teams in the semi's were screwed and thats when good teams shine! if they were that good they would of stepped up a level in the semi like your teams meant to!

Reply #3738 | Report this post

cortez  
Years ago

ok ok ok. just so people know about the pasadena side here is some info.

Starters:
Jo - need i say anything???

Rowan - ex-sturt div 1, country state, good offensive player, good on boards, good overall defender, plays to the end (hard player)

Soren - one of the best defenders in SA can contend with anyone, great offensive mind, one of the best allround players (got alot of his game from his bros)

Aaron - good passer always looks for open man first, hits the boards hard, allright defender, shot has a little to be desired, has a fairly big mean streak to him (will stand up to anyone, loves to knock people around, watch his elbows)

Trevor - ex-south, talks alot of smack but cant seem to back it up on court, not much of a shot or a pass, likes to show off, watch his drive will take it all the way and usually finishes off.

Bench:
Mikele - sturt div 3 and 1 (occasionally) quik on feet, in your face defense, likes to drive and shoot.

Aaron - tigers div 2, good rebounder, allright shot, a little undersized for big man, plays hard.

Matt - centrals div 2, overall average player.

there just some name players. they got some other guys, but they are just to make up numbers.

Reply #3799 | Report this post

cortez  
Years ago

oh by the way. pasadena played a fairly average game against PAC. those guys are the biggest a-holes ever, except for that one guy Jo nailed on the screen, hes a nice guy. im surprised that aaron guy didnt nail the guy who tripped him or the one who elbowed him.
will be close game sunday if both teams play well. if both play well will be a 10 point game either way im saying. you never know. lets just hope they put a good game on.

Reply #3803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

u seem to know a fair bit bout this pas team? u a member cortez?

Reply #3804 | Report this post

cortez  
Years ago

maybe. maybe not. what difference it make?

Reply #3806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it doesnt. just curious thats all.

Reply #3809 | Report this post

baller09  
Years ago

who do you think are strong contenders for year 10 knockout?

Reply #3810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cabra and sac --> girls

not really sure bout the boys

Reply #3812 | Report this post

cortez  
Years ago

Pasadena will be a good chance for boys. Mikele, trevor, aaron (tigers), and some other guys who can play. unfortunetly no real big guy in the team.

Reply #3814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

blacks will cain pass leif will shut ingles down easy.
immanuel girls have a good chance dont rule them out just yet they're bloody to stop especialy mcphail and langford and ive played them, those two together are dynamite...goodluck stoppin them cabra!!

Reply #3832 | Report this post

The Highlight  
Years ago

how come we dont get a full team report on blackfriars. give us sumfin sum1

Reply #3840 | Report this post

The Highlight  
Years ago

i can tell u names but not descriptions.

Anthony spuddavecchia- West 18-1s
Leif Burdon - North 20-1s
Luke Mcentee - Southern 18-1s (quit like 5 weeks ago)
Joe Kisiel - wodville 20-1s
Matt Richardson - West 18-2s
Andrew White - Woodville 20-2s
Stephen McMahon - North 16-1s
George Plat - woodville 18-3s
Dale Spurway-Humphries - ex north player

Reply #3844 | Report this post

cortez  
Years ago

i still stick by the fact it will be close. you can have all the names you want, but you only get 5 on court at a time. not to mention, egos do take over games. just look at PAC (USA to a lesser extent).

Reply #3865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dam, reading the line ups im lookin forward to the game. wats the deal with blacks guys bein in the 20'scomp. oldest guy on passas team is 17 till next june.

Reply #3883 | Report this post

The Highlight  
Years ago

Starting line up is the first five. Spud being the shortest at 5'11. The players on this team aren't big headed. They know going in that it will be a tough game. All 9 are ready to work for this.

Reply #3967 | Report this post

lhguwir  
Years ago

no sign of PAC egos friday night....just ask anyone that was there

Reply #3968 | Report this post

kdfha  
Years ago

I think PAC did well to get close to Pasadena. They had more height, more skill, more experience and a better star. I didn't see anyone else get that close to Pasadena, except i think Blacks will give it a go! Yes, they may have an ego or 2, but when it comes down to it they do play as a team!

Reply #3969 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

BADLUCK PAS!!

Reply #4026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what people thing of the game?

Reply #4029 | Report this post

kdfha  
Years ago

I wish id seen it but my stupid dad wouldnt take me. Aparently it was huge and i really wish id seen it!

Reply #4031 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

Was a great game.. Pity pasadena couldn't get those easy scores at the end but hey what can ya do.. those Blacks boys were just too good inside for Pas defenders

Reply #4039 | Report this post

lhguwir  
Years ago

leif held donaldson to 6 points in the semi and i knew he could do enuf to keep joe from getting passa over the line. their front court was obviously superior, a well deserved win for a team of great blokes!

Reply #4053 | Report this post

The Highlight  
Years ago

Did you see The Highlight last night. First Quarter on the break. I enjoyed it, and hopefully ya'll enjoyed watching the highlight. I did it to please the crowd

Reply #4074 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Blah blah.

Me me me.

Reply #4076 | Report this post

SCHMEE  
Years ago

What a great performance by the hounds, all spirit those boys r. And as for all the KO hype about one joe ingles, sure he won the comp mvp, but where was he when the pressure was on??
L-Mac was just too good on his night and shut him down, if this ingles is as god as what every1 says, then what happends when the team was actually challanged by the mighty hounds.

The mighty hounds have re-ignited my b/ball spirit, and after a 2 year lay-off i have decided to return.

Its simple, these guys were simply determained to get their hands on the HOLY GRAIL.

P.S: FUKIN HUGE DUNK.

P.S.S: Kiesel, grew some balls, stepped up on que.

I LOVE UZE BOYS. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(in a non-homo way)

Reply #4081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

first and formost, welldone blackfriars. but as for everyone sayin that joe was the only player on pasadena (and also a note to trevor) thats just absolute b.s. that was probably one of their best games as a TEAM. only problem was the last 2 minutes when mikele and aaron (smaller) came on, they took off 2 of the main defenders in the team (aaron and rowan). if joe hadnt been so worried about taking shots in the first 3 quaters maybe pasadena may have won, not to mention the post players had next to no touches (rowan, aaron's). the refs didnt help pasadena at all, as yet once again daniel cheats pasadena out of another game. pasadena didnt even play their best game (offensively) and their defense was average letting some easy rebounds get taken by spud. how many blocks did aaron get by the way? and wats with that big guy from blackfriars starting on aaron and joe??? oh by t he way that dunk should have been a tech, held on that ring for sometime. blackfriars and pasadena showed that defense wins championships, and that game came down to defense (just look at the scores). pasadena next year look strong to go for that title,

Reply #4104 | Report this post

The Highlight  
Years ago

Why would you call a tech tho. Everyone was impressed by it. There is no point ruining a highlight just coz he hung on the ring for a bit. Its called showmanship. The whole crowd loved it. In a normal game you might call that a tech, not in a grand final though.

Reply #4152 | Report this post

kdfha  
Years ago

Yeah "The Highlight" is right...whats the point in ruining it with a Tech, i mean why should the ohter team gain advantage from just getting dunked against?!

Reply #4156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahaha no joke!

Reply #4158 | Report this post

lhguwir  
Years ago

I think we shud all respect the fact that El Mac has bigger hops than all of us and let him hang on the ring as long as he wants!

Reply #4159 | Report this post

The Highlight  
Years ago

Hell yEa Let THE BOY HANG!!!

How high did El-Mac get. His head in comparison to the ring.

Reply #4161 | Report this post

kdfha  
Years ago

are you talking how big his head is compared with the ring? or how high? :P

Reply #4162 | Report this post

The Highlight  
Years ago

how high. in line with it, above it below it. or how high off the ground did he get approximately

Reply #4163 | Report this post

kdfha  
Years ago

dno - wasnt there - dad was a a-hole and wouldnt take me!

Reply #4165 | Report this post

lhguwir  
Years ago

im guessin higher than humanly possible

Reply #4167 | Report this post

The Highlight  
Years ago

Can sum1 that was at the final tell us all wot happened in the dunk from El-Mac.

How High did he get?
What did he do?

I think he should get drafted into the NBA coz he can dunk it good.

Reply #4196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it wasnt that great. just normal 2 handed dunk then pulled himself up. crowd (blackfriars crowd) acted like they aint seen a dunk before.

Reply #4198 | Report this post

general bogan  
Years ago

it was an awesome dunk, whos that random bloke paying it out.

How ballsy was it to hamma it down in the Grand Final. Anyone else would have settled for a lay up. But he is a true showman.

Reply #4207 | Report this post

lhguwir  
Years ago

yeh IF i cud dunk even remotely like El-Mac i wud be thinkin do i or do i not dunk it. Hell, wen i go for them in games i usually settle for a layup but to do it an a KO final thats balls

Reply #4211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its a 2 handed dunk dude. not anything special. maybe if he added a pump then it would be good. it was a nice touch to the game to dunk it, but the dunk wasnt anything special.

Reply #4213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well i think that passa did an awesome job seeing as they had mostly yr 10's and a few yr 11's and 1 yr 12....blacks had all yr 12's pretty much! passa to take it out next yr! good game blacks!...

Reply #4216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

finally i got some support for next year, go you good thing.

Reply #4218 | Report this post

lhguwir  
Years ago

i bet if u jammed it in the knockout final ud think it was pretty special and wud want sum recognition

Reply #4220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no i wouldnt, i would get pumped up in the game but wouldnt be bragging about it. only people braggnig about it are everyone from blackfriars except El.

Reply #4223 | Report this post

lock n keys  
Years ago

Sundays game was terrific. as a spectator at the game, atmosphere was terrific everyone gettin behind both teams. i thought leif, spud n el mac played very well aswell as the big guy #34 (hows his eye..?) for blacks! welldone to the boys. ingles was kept alittle quiet for my liking but blacks just had the overall talent n skill and HEIGHT to beat pasadenna... Congrats Hounds. U wanted it more...

Reply #4238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they didnt want it more necessarily. pasadena has been goin for this for last 4 years. we got screwed last year and year before we lost grandfinal no thanks to paul and brad (his ego got best of him in last 7 minutes).

Reply #4245 | Report this post

lhguwir  
Years ago

#34 is joe kiesel, plays 20 1's for woodville

Reply #4247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he plays 20 1s? are you joking me?

Reply #4250 | Report this post

lhguwir  
Years ago

went from 18 3's to 20 1's, shows where pure size can get u

Reply #4252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

size is only so much. doesnt matter if you cant use it properly.

Reply #4255 | Report this post

lock n keys  
Years ago

i think thats exactly right n im not sayin 34s a god, he just does the little things n uses his height fairly well to get his side over the line.. backed up with good gaurds n a a good team he could go far.

Reply #4259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he did well, but he hasa bit of a temper. wat was the story with him and jo? didnt see what happened. for a guy in under 20s you think he would have dominated against Jo and Aaron in post.

Reply #4264 | Report this post

lhguwir  
Years ago

on a team like blacks and as a first yr in 20 1's all is asked of u is to do the little things, which yeh is what joe does, who knos on diff teams he might be a vry diff player

Reply #4266 | Report this post

lock n keys  
Years ago

yeh he did have a bit of a temper didnt he... oh well its the big boys league theyre playin in, im sure they can handle it

Reply #4268 | Report this post

The Highlight  
Years ago

its like his 2nd year of district bball. his first full year of open a bball.

never even played in the A's. not in year 9 or 10 or 11.

Reply #4273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can someone tell me what happened with jo though. he was pushn him around and tugin his jersey when someone had a foul shot.

Reply #4277 | Report this post

lock n keys  
Years ago

34 sounds like quite the developer 2 me. height can go along way these days. i liked his game, but he was partially out shone by the great works of spud, leif n el mac with great team support. i think 34 has potential n if hes in 20 1s he's got some good teaching

Reply #4278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

spud should have got mvp for final. he was the reason blacks won with his boards free throws and assists.

Reply #4284 | Report this post

lock n keys  
Years ago

sounds like jo ingles got abit of a temper too then

Reply #4288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nah. jo would have been talkn shit in his face. he doesnt push ppl his own size or bigger around.

Reply #4292 | Report this post

lock n keys  
Years ago

which jo we talkin bout... gotta b careful.. 2 jo's apparently! there both big blokes - game on...

Reply #4301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pasadena jo

Reply #4304 | Report this post

lock n keys  
Years ago

wat about him..?

Reply #4309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go blacks

Reply #4313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

omg. read above. 34 was pulling his jersey and pushing him when someone had a free throw, the ref broke it up. what was it all about

Reply #4314 | Report this post

lock n keys  
Years ago

thats not how i saw it... but either ways good...

Reply #4318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jo is tall

Reply #4319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i didnt see whole thing. turned my head and saw that part.

Reply #4322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

.......really tall

Reply #4325 | Report this post

Mr. Shnrub  
Years ago

I was not at the game but word has it that Big number 34 for Blacks put in another stellar proformance this man is a juggernaut he reminds me of Moses Malone this guy can be a 20 and 20 player any league he is the real deal.

good stuff Blacks for winning the GF but with the Tanky 34 on your side I find it hard for you to loose a game.

Reply #4357 | Report this post

zorro  
Years ago

lol. Mr. Shnrub u r so a woodville warriors player.

Reply #4376 | Report this post

Mr. Shnrub  
Years ago

Correct you are

Reply #4378 | Report this post

zorro  
Years ago

and id have to say that u play under 20's.

Reply #4392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i kno what happened with joe and 34....joe brought his team in 4 a quik chat and he try'd 2 stand in the middle of it! joe pushed him out as ne player would! really who does that...joe was just trynig to sort his team out...

Reply #4397 | Report this post

Mic  
Years ago

easy el mac. bar the football career stay with b ball so u can dunk all over ingles.

number #50 for blacks how did u rate his game?

Reply #4464 | Report this post

ukraine train  
Years ago

hey El-mac, hows it going? i can seeee uuuuuuuu

Reply #4468 | Report this post

ukraine train  
Years ago

damn u ex-st mics U20 woodville warriors boys. stop complimenting whitie lol. we all know he is a workhorse and kiesel is a giant. i know u mate. im zorro! ;)

Reply #4470 | Report this post

El-Mac  
Years ago

football is the way of the future. Y'all can see me in the AFL next year. I aint got shit in bball ne more. all i can do is dunk.

I love him. #50 wot a gun. Sum1 needs to draft that kid. make a great extremely undersized PF in the NBA.

Reply #4471 | Report this post

Mic  
Years ago

easy zorro and el mac. its the bogan way to chat randomly.

#50 has his eye on the 20 men champioship now.its big.

Reply #4475 | Report this post

Mr. Shnrub  
Years ago

20 Mens the way of the future

Three Gun Vets how can the compete

Reply #4478 | Report this post

Mic  
Years ago

mr. shrub how dense can you get.i am the franchise.your use to hearing this 'clar out, get me in there'.

Reply #4480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

number 50 is a very good player... but id have to disagree i think number 34 is the best...

(just an innocent by stander, n big big fan of 34...)

Reply #4525 | Report this post

Mr. Shnrub  
Years ago

its quite certain that i am not as dense as you Mic if you are the franchise player it looks like our finals hopes are over.

'clar out, get me in there'.

hmmmm now that just doesnt make a lick of sence

Reply #4567 | Report this post

faluse name  
Years ago

mr shnrub, i beleive that there is a young rookie that will be venturing into the franchise in the up and comming season. rumor has it, that there is a new franchise player it town! apparently this kid has a high flying game and a long distance shot to die for. The call i here will become kick it to the arc and go play some D!!!!

Reply #4573 | Report this post

Mr. Shnrub  
Years ago

If this is Killa you struggle

Reply #4575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EL-MAC......i rekn u should come play 20's with me at Southern and we will just dunk on ppl left right and centre! me and u baby! and yeah mate il b at ya winning party! you kno who this is!! xoxo southern baby!

Reply #4587 | Report this post

El-Mac  
Years ago

I aint comin back to southern. I might make a comeback next year in under 20's. Already been talkin to norths 20-1's coach about makin a come back. And i will be the only one there who can dunk it real good so all the chix would love me. (they already do anyway).

Or there will be no comeback and i will stick with the footy.

I love u. XOXO

Reply #4589 | Report this post

Sum Random Dude  
Years ago

Can Sum1 tell me which player at KO got the most dunks in their three four or five games?

What was the best dunk people saw over the three days of play?

Reply #4593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

El-MAC.....uve gotta play with me...me and u 2getha! u neva kno what could happen! wen we play at that st clairs tourny! beta watch out~! we gotta catch up soooooon! come to a down south party... u spud and leif! we'll hav so much fun! ok?...see u soon! love u more( and ya lil sis) haha

Reply #4602 | Report this post

mic  
Years ago

mr.shrub stop clogging the key way you holdover power forward. clear out an iso has been called. the blacks team are lucky there starting 5 all in positon and no one has to play out of postion. they only struggle at shooting guard.

Reply #4647 | Report this post

mic  
Years ago

is zorro that random who plays footy and hes like 5 foot tall but also loves the game of b ball. easy zorro im the 10 year vet arounf this forum.

Reply #4649 | Report this post

mic  
Years ago

is zorro that random who plays footy and hes like 5 foot tall but also loves the game of b ball. easy zorro im the 10 year vet around this forum.

Reply #4650 | Report this post

zorro  
Years ago

nah that isnt zorro. zorro knows who u r mic. do not accuse zorro of such stupid things. zorro signing out.

Reply #4654 | Report this post

Mic  
Years ago

alright zorro lets talk b ball.how you rate your team for albury.ill say you dont have a general beast to get rebounds.but anyways you got there so be the pride of south australia

Reply #4822 | Report this post

Mr. Shnrub  
Years ago

does Mic make any sence at all i have read and re-read what he has been saying and it has just left me dazed and confused. It's quite obvious that St Michaels education is going quite well for you.

Reply #4842 | Report this post

lock n keys  
Years ago

i like the way shnrub thinks...

did it 4 u

Reply #4861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ahhh. so the 34 was being a d*ck. trying to act all smart assed and tough. funny he has to pick on guys younger than him.

Reply #4924 | Report this post

ryan  
Years ago

i think mikele is ova rated so cocky i heard ppl talking on the bus and they dont even like mikele or his mates

Reply #22446 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

now ingles dominating in the nbl...all u fools that ddint think he was any good... hows rookie of the year???

Reply #154645 | Report this post

no.38  
Years ago

Cortez, otherwise known as Aaron (the big guy who will take on anyone) from Pasadena - you are still an idiot.

Reply #260388 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:52 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754