Mark
Years ago

All players (not just imports) to consider??

I like the imports topic, but what about all of the players to consider from preseason tourney? What do we make off ballinger and hinder, and what's going on with Abercrombie and jamar?

Topic #29402 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Hinder looks fine. Just hope the Crocs keep his minutes down for a while so he doesn't put too much stress on his leg. He's past the point where he is a starter, and his slow feet make him miss a few defensive rotations every now and then, but hopefully he can contribute as a 15mpg player. When he doesn't try to do too much, and plays within his means, he is a good bench player and leader. Sometimes he just puts too much pressure on himself, loses focus, gets too hyped up and starts trying to do things he isn't capable of.

Reply #380368 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Abercrombie isn't 100%.. Jamar as far as i'm aware is healthy.

Reply #380374 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Abercrombie had surgery on his ankle in the off season and it hasn't healed as quickly as they would have liked so his rehab is taking a bit longer than expected. He has been training but not full contact, Breakers just being cautious with him. He may not play even the first few games of the season.

Reply #380388 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Steindl looks like ROTY material

Reply #380392 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Now you tell me....

Reply #380398 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Dan Jackson had an awesome preseason, just look what happens once he is given minutes..
ROTY Candidates: Steindl looks to be inconsistent. 22 points one game, 0 the next. Should get ROTY if he outnumbers quiet games with big games. For the season I expect 9ppg, 2rpg 0.5apg in about 20 mins
Gliddon played well without putting up massive numbers. Will likely improve as he is just back from injury. Season: 8ppg 3rpg 3apg in 18-20 mins
Tomlinson played just like he did in college. Not much in the box score but hit the open shot and ran the offense well. Season: 4-5ppg 1 rpg 4apg in 15-18 mins

Reply #380405 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Looking at the box scores Steindl looked inconsistent but hopefully he has a good year

Reply #380409 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Ben Allen has averaged nearly 15 points and 9 rebounds per contest through five pre-season games, all while shooting the ball at a nice clip.

I would be happy if he produced at even half that rate during the regular season. Huge improvement over his first two seasons, so far anyway.

Reply #380411 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Abercrombie had surgery on his ankle in the off season and it hasn't healed as quickly as they would have liked so his rehab is taking a bit longer than expected. He has been training but not full contact, Breakers just being cautious with him. He may not play even the first few games of the season.

Bummer for a very good young talent, but good news for those of us who chose to pass him over in the first round of fantasy drafts :)

One of the big questions after this pre-season is "will Ben Allen maintain any level of this quality"? As it's hard to see, when they're playing nearly full strength teams, how things could be much different in the regular season, but it most always is...

Reply #380467 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Wookie, there's bound to be a drop-off, especially once some of the other guys find their feet.

Blanchfield was horrible in the pre-season, and will score more points eventually, as will both imports.

As long as Allen maintains his rebounding, positive attitude and effort, though, I will be stoked as a Crocs fan.

Hinder and Holmes don't have a post game so Allen will be the only go-to option inside other than Withers, so the looks should keep coming even if he's not hitting the same averages as he did in pre-season.

Reply #380475 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think that's the reason Allen will continue to get his stats, even if the Crocs are off the pace as a team: they don't have strong alternatives. Not comparing the two, but Vasiljevic could put up 15 and 9 games if he was the primary big on a team.

Reply #380486 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Woolpert isn't the kind of coach to leave a player in just because his "basic boxscore" stats are looking good or because he is "his guy", though.

If Allen is having big games for a continued net negative team result (Allen is still yet to prove his defense has improved, 15 and 9 is nothing if the opposing bigs offset that), he wouldn't keep using him in extremely high volume.

In other words, he's not Marty Clarke ;)

In his first two seasons you would immediately notice the opposing team go on a run when he was holding down the middle...

Reply #380496 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:44 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754