ant
Years ago

Has Corin Henry's stock risen?

When he signed with the Kings early many people said that he would be the first import to be sacked this season. However, he has looked good at times this season compared to many other of the imports. From the pre-season games do people still think Henry will be the first to go? Heal seems to like him as well.

Will he start?

Topic #29427 | Report this topic

Greg  
Years ago

Would still like to see him with a decent number of assists per game.

Reply #380796 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

depends how he and Bruce gel together. he is alot like mills in a way, shoot first type of player, quick, gets busy on D, gets a few steals. sometimes he ca shoot 6/10 from beyong the ark and then can shoot 1/10.

Reply #380805 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He is a scorer rather than a playmaker. I think if Heal uses him right, picking the moments when he controls the ball, he could be valuable.

But he'll have good nights and bad, his size will ensure that. If you look at the undersized guards last year - Warren, Mills, Deleon etc - they all had some issues against the better teams with well organised defences.

Personally I would start Henry as I think the second unit needs his scoring, where a passer like Bruce is probably better with the starting unit scorers in Lazare, Harvey and Madgen.

Reply #380808 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Sorry, that was meant to read "Personally I wouldnt start Henry". Typo.

Having said that, I think Heal will start him.

Reply #380809 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I get the feeling from watching the Blitz and being so close to the court and hearing things come from players mouths that Aaron Bruce will very quickly get frustrated with Henry.
A few times Aaron coming off turnouts open Henry ignored him and Aaron vented his frustrations verbally towards him. I saw this often in the last game vs Breakers.

Reply #380813 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I certainly don't think that he will be the first import to go and I think that his output and the fact that Hammer really supports him (and was his first import choice - so has a lot of pressure on him for Henry to succeed as well) will keep him around... He's a very tough, aggressive player, but sitiveni is right, certainly not a pass-first guard, and it would be great to see him run the show a bit more and facilitate for others, but it's still early, hopefully that will come...

We've seen them go with the 3 guard rotation a bit, with Bruce, Henry and Madgen, but not sure if that's just because Harvey hasn't been playing much, or by design... I think Bruce struggled early with his change in role, but he seems to have gotten his head around it in the last couple of games, which is good as Hammer still has big hopes for him...

I think a big part of hat Henry can bring to the team is his attacking style which is effective when open, and will help make space for our other outside shooters, with Madgen, Bruce and Harvey outside, that's not a bad arsenal... Hopefully it works out... He works hard and deserves the shot...

Reply #380815 | Report this post

Woody Venkat  
Years ago

Start both our imports please.

Sit Grandfather James Harvey on the bench please.

Reply #380873 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

If the pre-season is anything to go by, the starting five will most likely be:

Henry
Madgen
Harvey
Lazare
Crosswhite

as Hammer is on the twitter-record as saying he's looking to use Bruce as a power-punch off the bench...

unless it all doesn't work, of course :)

Could be that he wants to start the game with a nice aggressive scoring punch then bring in some stability with Bruce but still keep up the scoring threats..?

Reply #380879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how does everyone think Harvey will go this year?

Reply #380902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Henry first import sacked???
Townsville imports both shown the door now!
http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2012/09/27/363581_sport.html

Reply #380935 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:15 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754