a pretty good read!

Reply #381118 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Hope the Crocs get Ervin so I can watch him and Jackson go at each other

Reply #381125 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Nice read, but I think too harsh on last year's imports. They performed their roles pretty well as the team made the playoffs despite missing Schenscher early and him never getting to full form.

In G1 of the playoffs they were both excellent as they beat NZ in Auckland. In the last two games Mims went missing and it is the right decision not to bring him back, while they need more of a scorer in place of Gill with Norton and C Cedar to get more minutes.

So while they werent a stud pair, for what the Crocs had to spend they definitely werent a bust either.

Reply #381128 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Gill was a great PG for Townsville and I am surprised they didn't bring him back

Reply #381132 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He was great some nights and average others. That was the tale of his career in Europe from what I can tell too. The guy the Crocs have made an offer to is well above Gill offensively but not as good defensively.

Reply #381133 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I should add that player I understand theyve made an offer to is Ervin, but I havent seen the offer sheet personally!! Would be great to see Gary back in the league on a team of shooters so he can show off his skills.

Reply #381135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gill was a great PG for Townsville and I am surprised they didn't bring him back

I thought he was pretty good too just fairly inconsistent and sometimes had poor shot selection.

I remember the game against the Tigers when he torched Patty Mills you could see why he had a lengthy NBA career as at his best he's far above NBL standard but is probably more a pure PG than a SG and I think the Crocs relied on him too heavily when for most of his career he's been a set up PG, get the team into their offence etc and not a flat out scorer.

Reading between the lines I'm not sure he actually wanted to come back as there were a lot of problems relocating his family to Townsville and the Crocs are cutting costs so.

The Crocs desperately need a flat out scorer now so hopefully they're able to land Ervin although I don't think he's as good a player as Gill and with their shooters Gill would be a better fit but hopefully for their sake they get him.

Reply #381158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hopefully they land ervin
perhaps also consider larry abney as the second import ? he had a decent NZ season

Reply #381202 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Ervin + Abney would be a great combo imo

Reply #381206 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:22 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754