Tyrell
Years ago

Crocs sign Ervin and McFarlin

Townsville have signed Gary Ervin and another import- Ivan McFarlin. Revealed on twitter.

Topic #29450 | Report this topic

Tyrell  
Years ago

McFarlin has played SEABL. Here is his draftexpress report

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ivan-McFarlin-431/

Reply #381319 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

Crocs twitter trying pretty hard to negate any rumours...

Townsville Crocs ?@TsvCrocs
Just confirming that we have NOT made any signings yet...

Reply #381320 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Neither player has signed, yet.

Reply #381322 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

There is a difference between signing and agreeing to terms. Things can still change until that signature is on the line.

Certainly a very good outcome for the Crocs if they finalise it.

Reply #381323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this the same Mcfarlin that was trialling with the hawks last year?

Reply #381324 | Report this post

Moses Malone  
Years ago

Would be a great import duo for Townsville.

I thought both would be ideal at Melbourne Tigers for the upcoming season.

McFarlin has a great nose for the ball and is relentless on the boards. Will give the team plenty of energy and second chance looks.

I think we all know how good Ervin is.

If true....with the players already on the Townsville roster, they will be challenging for Top4.

Reply #381325 | Report this post

boss  
Years ago

hasnt mcfarlin played NBA for the sixers??
how do you go from that to SEABL

Reply #381326 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Via Turkey, Switzerland, Poland and Israel.

Reply #381327 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

If McFarlin is a solid import who cleans the glass and Ben Allen keeps up his form, there is no reason the Crocs won't win the whole thing.

Reply #381328 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Hope it happens, Crocs looked awesome in the game they beat the Breakers in the semi finals.

Reply #381329 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Crocs may be trying to say they haven't signed anyone but it's a done deal! I'd say they just wanna wait for the local news to be available to announce it

Reply #381330 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

McFarlin played briefly for the 76ers and was involved in the Iverson trade when he was traded to the Nuggets. But Ivan was released a few days later and hasn't returned to the NBA since.

I remember not last season but the season before, he just smashed the SEABL on the boards. 16 or 17rpg from memory. Hawks tried him last prior to last season, i'm not sure why they didn't pick him up, but he did impress during scrimmages.

Reply #381331 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

You wouldn't sign him for his offensive abilities. You'd sign him to clear the boards. Wouldn't be surprised (if given court time) if McFarlin lead the league in RPG.

Reply #381333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.seabl.com.au/index.php?id=257&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=5947&cHash=d34f72c29e

McFarlin also signed with Bendigo last week

Reply #381334 | Report this post

ant  
Years ago

I think McFarlin is pretty old so that might have put off some teams. A very good player though at SEABL level but could impress at NBL level. Does the dirty work

Reply #381335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McFarlin is 30. Can hoop and it will be interesting to see how he goes at the next level. Can he play 2 seasons in 1 year? Seabl and NBl. I doubt it.

Reply #381346 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

30 isn't that old for a Basketball player is it?
McFarlin is listed as 6 foot 7, is he coming in as a centre or a forward?
Townsville did the right thing signing a second import. Sounds like Mcfarlin is a rebounder and inside presence, that should make him a good compliment to what they already have.

Reply #381349 | Report this post

G Rudd  
Years ago

Anon, I hope you are right about these two signings. We are getting told so many different things up here, it's hard to believe anybody. I'm a season ticket holder for many years and I have just about had enough of all the BS we are being told, about finance and imports. One thing, our club has had to do it on our own, no help from the NBL or the government as other clubs have had. Supposedly we are good for the next three years, I hope so. I will always support my team, but it gets harder every year. Unlike other people on this site, I think the Crocs will still finish in the top four.

Reply #381365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If ervin gets points on the board each game and does his thing to free up the other shooters
and Mcfarlin is that dusty rychart type of a player that townsville can get 12pts and 8rbs consistently from him then they could be top 4

the question mark is defense

Reply #381367 | Report this post

boss  
Years ago

all they need to do now is lock up dave penissi!!! and it looks like they might seeing as he actually played in the loss to the tigers 2 nights ago

Reply #381388 | Report this post

G Rudd  
Years ago

Well well, the Crocs have actually told us on our webpage that they have signed Gary Irvin. That's great, but Boss, no one including me wants David Penissi signed. He wasn't much good way back when he was a Suns player. We need someone quicker, younger and better. Hopefully another import.

Reply #381390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he get's here for round 1 what a dream match up first game v Cairns and Jamar Wilson

Reply #381391 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Official:

http://www.nbl.com.au/news/article/2012/october/crocs-sign-former-nbl-mvp-gary-ervin/

Reply #381392 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

He's expected to suit up for round 1. I'm unsure of time frames for immigration but..?

Reply #381405 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I'm only guessing here, Nat, but is it any easier to get through the whole visa process with Ervin because he's worked/played here before?

I hope the Mcfarlin rumours are true. Seems like a great fit.

Reply #381406 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Shaping up to be a great season with some great Imports in Lisch, Ervin, Jackson, Wilson etc

Reply #381407 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

work Visa's to be set up in aus are sorted within in a week or 2 at the most, and thats for normal people. my work has brought a few people over before and its a week turnaround usually. so i doubt it will be any logger than that.

Reply #381434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any news on mcfarlin?

good move by the crocs if he signs also

Reply #381435 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

It will be easier because he already held a visa here previously, plus he has a clean legal record as well. So i'd imagine he will suit u for R1

Reply #381462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McFarlin hasn't signed yet.

Reply #381479 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

This is a great signing for the Crocs. They have a team full of guys who spread the floor and can shoot a three- Crawford, Cedar, right up to Hinder and Allen. Ervin will use the space and get to the basket at will. I had them finishing 5th or 6th but this makes things interesting.

Reply #381515 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Ervin was great a couple of seasons ago. This season we have some very strong PG's in Deleon, Wilson and Jackson whom I can't see being "dominated" like some of the of the other guys were when he won MVP. Not many could keep up with him where as I believe at least these 3 will.

Reply #381534 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I think Ervin is on another level to Deleon and Wilson. Jackson is the starting PG on the champs and probably the best all-round PG in the NBL, so he's earned his due, but everyone will have their hands full stopping Ervin. I just hope, as a Crocs fan, that wins come along with that.

I also hope that this will put an end to Perth's consistent backcourt manhandling of Townsville that has gone on unabated since Corey Williams left town.

Reply #381540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McFarlin was offered little money. Maybe Abney took little too??. Seems strange to me.

Reply #381553 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:54 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754