Spursfan
Years ago

When will Gary Ervin take the court?

I know there is this discussion in another thread, but to put all of your thoughts into the one area, I'm asking the question here. I have no clue about Visa protocol, but surely he won't make game 1.

Topic #29459 | Report this topic

ant  
Years ago

Myron Allen played straight off the plane last year.I think he had only been in the country for 10 hours when he played against the Blaze - Do not think he even had been to Melbourne yet when he played for them.

Ervin has played in Australia before so that usually seems to speed up the paperwork as he should be on record.

Reply #381439 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

as i mentioned in the other thread Visa's to come or work in australia are super quick and easy to sort out for the standard person, my work has done it multiple times getting people from the UK, generally once the paper work is in a week later its back. for a sports star id imagine it would be easier assuming he hasnt been in any trouble with the law.

Reply #381457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What crap. Visas are subject to the vagaries of the BA staff and the Visa people.
At such short notice who knows what will transpire.

Reply #381481 | Report this post

Wondering  
Years ago

Won't they have to fire an import to make space for him?

Reply #381500 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wondering, both imports have already been fired. New imports are Ervin and McFarlin.

Reply #381503 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Mcfarlin signing isn't official. Crocs are still publicly touting Osborn and Pennisi are trialling for the last spot, FWIW...

Reply #381530 | Report this post

ziah  
Years ago

Smythe just announced on twitter:

Negotiations with three players for the last roster spot now complete. Second import is now decided. News to follow.

So it's not Pennisi or Osborn

Reply #381533 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Good news Ziah.

Neither of the Aussie bigs looked like the right fit.

Reply #381535 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:48 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754