Anonymous
Years ago

Will Ervin and Abney play on Sunday?

Anyone have info on if the paperwork was completed in time for the Crocs season opener?

Topic #29484 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It will be ready for Sunday...... unfortunately they play Saturday

Reply #381788 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Nothing has been confirmed, but Crocs have been saying all along that both will be playing in Round 1. Abney has been playing close by in NZ, and both have played in Aus before; Abney spent three years here.

Nothing has been confirmed, but I don't see anything unexpected holding the process up. Crocs CEO Ian Smythe has just tweeted that they are working overtime to get both guys here for this weekend's game.

Reply #381792 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Sorry Mick, would've expected better from you. 99% sure it's another gamesmanship ploy to get fan's hopes up.

Reply #381800 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Wont matter. Both will play limited minutes due to not knowing structure. Current roster will play better without them for a few weeks.

Reply #381801 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

@ Spursfan: the intent of my post was that there will be no unexpected holdups.

Ie. the only thing holding it up is the process/system itself. There won't be any surprise criminal histories or immigration issues suddenly cropping up out of nowhere.

Crocs have said publicly, as Anon said above, that even if they get everything sorted, neither guy will play huge minutes and Ervin will likely not even start.

Reply #381802 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

'801, I reckon you might be right. Cairns are interesting with the line at -5.5 for $1.90. Or straight up at $1.43. Wilson up against the Crocs young guys whenever Ervin isn't on court.

Reply #381805 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Yeah got that, but what I'm saying is I think it's all bogus. How many times have the Crocs misled the public? As well as the moving screen to free up outside shooters, misguiding is in the playbook. All going well, they won't take the court, I can almost guarantee.

Reply #381806 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Chris Cedar has actually done a decent job defending Wilson in the past.

On the other end, though is where the damage will happen - Wilson will probably cause the Crocs' young PG duo to cough up way too many turnovers, especially if Cairns decide to trap.

Reply #381810 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Also will be interesting to see the change in both of these clubs' style from last season - both had two of the better defenses in the league last year, but may both take a step backward in that department in lieu of more punch on the other end of the court.

Townsville lost two underrated defenders in Mims and Gill and replaced them with two guys who are a little more proficient on the other end of the court, while Cairns swapped Crosswhite out for Trigger.

Reply #381812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought the Crocs came out & said they both wouldn't play?

Reply #381827 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

They've tried to get everything passed before R1 but it looks impossible now.

Reply #381832 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Nat is right, imports won't play:

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2012/10/05/365585_sport.html

Reply #381837 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:35 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754