Opt
Years ago

Every match live on NBL.TV

Well that was my impression when I first read about it.

// Please note: Tonight's Wollongong Hawks vs. Sydney Kings match will be shown on a 2 hr delay at 9:30pm to coincide with TEN's broadcast. //

Topic #29498 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely if you pay the money it should be live? False advertising. Why would you buy it if its on TV at the same time delayed???

Reply #381929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a f***ing joke!

Reply #381930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah every match live... OH... but we forgot to tell you until now that all Friday night OneHD games will be delayed, so you get 80% of the games live...

Surely the NBL will change this.

Reply #381931 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

It will be live on Tablet/iPhone but not live on normal PC/Internet connection.

Reply #381932 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

you people obviously dont see how the deal with network ten effects NBL.TV.. If NBL.TV showed the game before channel 10 it would undermine channel 10's coverage. "wow what a fucking joke" what that c hannel 10 would want to make the best of its investment? it is 1 game a week that is delayed.. everything else is Live and as far as I am concerned in light of the channel 10 deal its completely fair and makes 100% sense so keep your panties on.

Reply #381933 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

jesus christ, can you complainers STFU. we get something good for a change and you still moan. your worse than the english. a few seasons ago people just wanted to be able to even watch the matches, so have a teaspoon of cement, and harden up.

Reply #381936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hurls, you may be correct about the TV deal, but it's a terrible case of false advertising to say "See every NBL game LIVE" when nearly a quarter of games aren't, that is a joke you must agree.

Reply #381938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He all, just sign up with bet 365, it's streaming live on there.

Reply #381939 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

you can see every game live, as natwhereyouat states, you can still watch it on phone or tablet. so technically you can watch every game live, so its not false advertising.

Reply #381941 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Live on iPhone/iPad, just delayed over the web. SportsBet seem to be advertising a live stream too.

Reply #381942 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

joke or not, I wont be losing sleep about 1 game being late so to honor the NBL's deal with channel 10

Reply #381946 | Report this post

Opt  
Years ago

Im not complaining, i just enjoyed being able to watch NZ v Perth. I think the system is wonderful and works great, however I was just under the impression ALL games where live to us.

Reply #381947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there an app for other phones and tablets other than iphone?

Reply #381949 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Dumbasses, it's not false advertising when the NBL explicitly states that games broadcasted on Ten or ONE will be delayed on NBL.TV

Today's lesson: do your research before you make a purchase!

Reply #381951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didnt purchase it thank God. I just go to frontrowsports and get it for free....and LIVE.

Im more pissed that we were meant to be getting 4 live games a week from the original contract the NBL had with One. Seems people forget that. If they were that worried about their investment they would be showing four live games a week.

Reply #381953 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

^good work on supporting the NBL lol.

Reply #381955 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

'949, Android app in the works.

Reply #381956 | Report this post

Alexkrad  
Years ago

Not getting anything in the apps now?!?

Reply #381957 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Alex, me either. Have tweeted them to ask.

Reply #381958 | Report this post

sydsixersfan  
Years ago

not too bad if you use the ipad and then put it on apple tv a little fuzzy

Reply #381959 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

People are not very leniant at all. I swear that NBL fans seriously are not very forgiving, the NBL.TV service has only just started so theres bound to be glitches.. shit it was only confirmed a few weeks ago! also, so what if 1 game isnt live? its 70 bucks for fuck sake for a full fucken year! most of you were paying `12 times that to get foxtel to play just most games live a few years ago! what you cant support something thats good just because its not perfect? to me.. if you cant support something thats good because its not perfect it doesnt make any sense to follow the NBL of all leagues!

How about admire the level of talent that was on show today? Perth and New Zealand are 2 world class teams that are extremely well coached and scouted. what I saw today was top level basketball... near the best the league has ever had to offer.. So have a look at whats GOOD about all this. Get behind NBL.TV! you guys whinge so much I should call you Poms!

Reply #381961 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Working smoothly after the issue at the start. Good work from Perform and the league.

Reply #381963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have a little device (costs about $30) that plugs into the bottom of your iphone (in the charging spot) and then you plug your HDMI cord into the other end of the device which shows your iphone screen on the 50 inch TV.
Then plug speakers into the iphone for sound while connnected to your home wifi = easy way to get around the live issue.
The quality is surprisingly the same as when I had my laptop plugged into the tv for the cats/nz game.

Reply #381965 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

I remember reading the term 'simulcast' a thousand times during and after the announcement. Quit moaning.

Reply #381984 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

ipad + hdmi adapter + 50' LED = great viewing and LIVE

Reply #381996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I purchased my NBL.tv subscription yesterday and it worked great on all my devices, however I then noticed that Sportsbet are streaming all the non ten games live on their website for free.

I'm glad I still have my nbl.tv subscription as I can still go back and watch games on demand that I have missed.

Thought I would just let you now that the games are also available on Sportsbet

Reply #381997 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Can you watch them in Australia though? I signed up to one of the betting agencies a couple of years ago to watch but then found it was geoblocked here.

FIBA TV is also showing all these games but they are geoblocked for Aus and NZ.

Reply #382003 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

it doesnt help the league what so ever people using other ways to see the games.. it doesnt help ratings or money, and the same people will complain that the NBL doesnt have more stuff and bigger salary caps (that take money) quit being tight asses! go to a few games and get NBL.Tv for fuck sake it hardly breaks the budget!

Reply #382004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Listening to idiots rave on about false advertising is nearly as painful as customers attempting to quote "consumer law" in retail.

Reply #382005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fuck the NBL are shit

Reply #382249 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:22 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754