mk
Years ago

NBL web page needs a spoiler alert

From perth, waited for the game to start at 2pm our time, i jumped on the web page and i know the game has finished, why do you put the scores when an other state hasn't even started watching the game? Shouldn't be there for all to see?

Topic #29529 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

Santa isn't real

Reply #382437 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

On your site, you have the scores, right? AFL surely does the same.

Reply #382443 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Dont be ridiculous Isaac.

Reply #382445 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Isaac is a nutter. Seriously. I don't want any scores on nbl.com.au until i have had the opportunity to watch all games on demand. Maybe there could be a weekly ok from me to the league and then they could update all scores, ladders etc.?

Reply #382447 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Your an ideas man.

Reply #382448 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Waiting for the 2PM game on TEN is a bit different to going on demand, you're exaggerating it a bit HO.

mk, i'd avoid the NBL webpage if you're watching a match on delay from Perth and don't want to know the scores, they're going to have the scores for the rest of us and it's reasonable for them to do so

Reply #382451 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

They're also going to have the scores for those people in Perth who want to know the score but don't want to wait for the TEN replay of the game.

The more important question is: did you really think that the NBL website would NOT have the scores up of a game that had finished? If that occurred, there would be ten times more people complaining.

Reply #382454 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I dont think HO went far enough. I think the NBL needs to implement a complete blackout. Perhaps lock all attendees at games inside the stadium, with all mobile devises confiscated, until the OP has watched the game on Ten so there is no chance of word getting out about the result.

Reply #382455 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Yep, and now someone can accuse Paul of exaggerating. Just a bit.

Reply #382456 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Are you insane? Or are you joking?

What about all the people that want to know the score? Or the people wanting to watch the livestats feed? You have the latest available content on your website at all times. Simple.

Don't go looking at NBL on the internet and you wan't get a spoiler!

Reply #382458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just saying, there should be a click some where if u wana follow or find out the score or scores! Not saying not to show, but don't put it up on the main page. Just click on ure teams hm page if u wana find out. Some ppl mite for get what time games start 4 instance perth has'nt got day light saving. So didnt notice the game had started earlyer.

Reply #382459 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, you always make the latest information easy to find. Ladder, scores, etc. That's what the majority of people are looking for and so you put it right on the front page.

Reply #382469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then game's should be all live then. Even on nbl t.v, thats why afl showz the scores every game is live! So u dont have 2 wait 4hr after the games finished!

Reply #382470 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

The AFL hasn't had every game live until the season just gone, yet they have always had the live scores on their webpage.

This thread should have a spoiler alert, as having just witnessed the stupidity of some people, my day is ruined.

Reply #382472 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Not nice of you to be calling Paul stupid. He's only stupid sometimes.

Reply #382476 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Double ouch.

Reply #382478 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Maybe the NBA should do this too? Great idea.
The source for results not showing the results....without a delay.

3 minutes of my life I wont get back.

Reply #382480 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I email The West to ask them not to print scores in any future editions unless they come in a sealed section. They got back to me and said how about they just make the last 10 pages of the paper blank. Thats one problem solved.

Reply #382492 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I'm with Paul- total lockout required.

Reply #382494 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I got to the Sixers game halfway through the third quarter but wanted to watch it live. They wouldn't hide the scoreboard so the result was spoiled.

(Half the joke is on us because the scoreboard is routinely wrong anyway.)

Reply #382495 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

lmao

Reply #382496 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Comedians aside, to round up what people are saying:

Don't visit the NBL website if you don't want to know the score. It's reasonable to expect the league website will have live scores.

Reply #382506 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Gold thread. Isaac, not bad ha ha

Reply #382511 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

whats this that Mystro is telling us about Santa?

Reply #382516 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Boy I hope the OP isn't on Facebook? If he is then we should warn him of the perils of information that can be found on that nugget, it's our social responsibility.

Reply #382520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah this always annoys me. I can't tell you how many games I've had ruined by freaking spoilers on the front page.

Reply #382809 | Report this post

Crafty  
Years ago

YES!!! Ditch the spoilers. Don't they understand it just ruins the whole game if you know who wins?

Reply #382810 | Report this post

Adam  
Years ago

I don't mind the NBL website having the score. What I don't like is nbl.tv and my Cats media team spamming Twitter with the score quarter by quarter. Especially if I am trying to "hide" from the results to watch on replay.

It's been raised with the Cats media team previously and their response was stay off twitter during the game. Like seriously WTF? How not to do social media ...

Reply #383499 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:33 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754