Nblfan
Years ago

Why hasn't an NBL team signed Ayinde Ubaka?

Why hasn't a team signed former Hawks guard Ayinde Ubaka? Ubaka played great for the Hawks and is clearly better than most Aussie pgs. Why hasn't he garnered interest from NBL teams?

Topic #29541 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cause hes arrogant and a team cancer. Needs to find the right club, ie cairns 2 years ago. Blaze, Tigers, and Hawks didnt work out. The fact hes been with this many teams shows he has issues.

Not a pure pg either and not a great shooter and lacks strength. Would look at him if he was prepared to play cheap, buy in to the system and play a 6th man type role.

Reply #382576 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

he sucks as far as I am concerned

Reply #382578 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Yeh unless he became an aussie citizen i dont think teams want to go there with him. he has had enough time to show what he can do in this league and i think teams that want to win are looking for something else

Reply #382584 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

I think he fits in the same category as Homicide. and no doubt he would probably want more money than clubs would be willing to offer for his skill-set or lack thereof.

Reply #382589 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Yes he improved the Hawks team last year BUT to do that he only had to be better than Showron Glover so that puts him in a very large group of PGs. To me he is a very inconsistent and selfish player who very often helps you dig a hole for your team and occasionally gets you out of one with some late game heroics.

Reply #382623 | Report this post

Gary  
Years ago

I agree with whoever said he is a cancer. He's selfish and a sook who can't take any feedback or criticism because he thinks he is wonderful.
Comes across as a nice guy but there is a lot more going on there.
Also, dribbles the ball too much! Poor decisions making and average defender.

Reply #382681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if the nbl had 10 teams he might get a shot again

we won't see him again

guys like Braswell will keep because he will be a nz citizen in the future and could do a nice backup role off the bench if needed

Reply #382703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct. Nice guy but very selfish and lacks ability to be a team player.

Reply #382716 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

N.B.L.

No Bigheads League?

Reply #382761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hes so shit

Reply #383311 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:08 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754