Sydney $1.57
Melbourne $2.40
Line Sydney -3.5

Cairns $1.43
Hawks $2.85
Line Cairns -5

Townsville $1.90
Perth $1.90

For me the safest bet is Sydney at home against Tigers. Sydney Pushed Hawks for most of the way last week and if they can't beat the injured Tigers at home then they can't beat anyone.

The interesting one for me is Townsville vs Perth. I would have had Perth as Favourites (Tab bet has Townsville as favourites). I know Townsville will have Ervin playing this week (I think anyway) but still I think they will be a bit rusty (no pun intended) and Perth will be too strong.

Sixers are great odds for anyone that thinks we can get an upset.

I would pick:

NZ + NZ Line
Sydney + Sydney Line
Cairs + Cairns Line
Perth

Topic #29552 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth should win. Perth have been together 3 years, Tville have been together 5 minutes.

Perth have enough guards to throw at Ervin even without Robbo. They will trap, or go under picks, pressure full court, it could be a long night for him.

And Abney, big deal, they have added a role player who may be able to help out if M Knight makes B Allen cry.

Reply #382729 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Is anyone out for Melbourne apart from Ballinger?

Reply #382732 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Ah right, Walker.

Reply #382733 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

O would have thought Perth would definitely be favourites. They have had the wood on Townsville for two years now.

Still you have to have a look at the facts -- Perth have dominated Townsville's backcourt and now Townsville finally have a great PG, plus Perth are undersized up front.

Should be a great game either way.

Reply #382735 | Report this post

Whitey  
Years ago

Perth/Wollongong/Sydney/NZ Multi should be a good bet.

Reply #382737 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

For the brave

$20 Multi bet
Sydney, Perth and Adelaide
About $190 return

Reply #382746 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Interesting that every journo / average punter has Perth in a romp but all the bookies have Townsville as favourites or even.

Reply #382792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings into Cairns is the banker.
E Z MONEY

Reply #382797 | Report this post

Richard  
Years ago

The NBL is so unpredictable for gamblers.
Would suggest that you don't bet on the NBL.

On all the games I've tried in the past I have never won. What I can tell you that works is betting on the NBA. Select the better team to be up at half time.

Made quite a bit of money following that strategy last year.

Reply #382847 | Report this post

Richard  
Years ago

The only problem with that is if the scores are tied at half time you only get half of your stake refunded.

Reply #382848 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Ok, so this might be the kiss of death, and I apologise in advance, Sixers fans, but I couldn't stay away from my adopted back-up team, taking them heads up against NZ... I just have a good feeling about their depth and even though they have Big Red (how can someone THAT big have no heart?!) I think their new recruits will help get them over the line... So yeah, sorry in advance, guys ;)

That and Perth heads up and also 11+

I was tempted to throw some cash on a SYD/CNS/PER +11 multi, but I might save my multi bets until later in the season when things settle down a bit...

Reply #382866 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:30 am, Wed 20 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754