Close game so far.

Topic #29572 | Report this topic

Ingles13  
Years ago

Kings imports doing my dream team wonders

Reply #382983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am a bit worried about the crowd of 4386.

Reply #382991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Theyll be ok, dont worry about them. Theyre probably home in bed by now.

Reply #382996 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Haha!

Reply #382997 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

Dunno about that last no call on the three pointer!!
Good last quarter for a lack luster game, Sydney have some great players to watch.

Reply #383001 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Pretty uninspiring game overall...Kings imports stepped it up.

Reply #383019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bottom Vs 2nd bottom. Lucky I backed to Tigers to finish last.

Reply #383028 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Thought the second half was great. Intensity lifted and turned out to be a great game between two desperate teams. Hope the Sydney fans catch on to the excitement of Henry and get a bigger crowd next time. Lazare was great too.

I also like Seth Scott from Melbourne. Think he'll be great for the league this year.

Reply #383030 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

More would have a look at One at 8.30.
Strange how people know who Dodo is and the difference between 11 seconds and 2 seconds to go in the game,
other than Carfino , who seems a little bit lost.

Reply #383031 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Carfino is a dud - gets so many things wrong so often. Dissapointed to see only 4,300 were at the game, especially after Gaze said there were nearly 6000 there. He was a bit off with that prediction. Do the Kings do any promoting? They seem to be very unnoticed - especially compared to the other codes in Sydney.

Reply #383033 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The Kings led the league in attendance last year I think, so they obviously do a bit of promotion. They had some good exposure in the Daily Telegraph this week.

Matt McQuade said interest had dwindled this off-season after two poor years. Their membership is down.

I think it's safe to say the honeymoon is over for the Kings and theyll have to earn their crowds more this year. Last night's Cardiac Kings win was a good start to build from.

Reply #383036 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

The Kings were great when they returned to the league two years ago and had some terrific crowds considering how bad they were on the court. This season though the effort seems to be way down and interest has died off a bit - probably in part to the losing.

Hopefully with some early season wins and performances like the second half of last nights game will spark some more interest. The Kings must realise that they are a very important franchise and the league needs them to work harder than other markets to get the attention of sponsors and media (along with Melbourne).

Reply #383038 | Report this post

boss  
Years ago

ive gotta say i think the kings are gonna be boring to watch this year. yeah henry is a livewire but theres noone to throw down some nice dunks....

Reply #383041 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Having watched the game, I'd say the predictions of these teams fighting for the wooden spoon look likely to come true.

Wildcat Fan - I like the look of Scott as well, both last night and last week.

However, I was curious when he appeared to tune out of Anstey's instructions during one of the Tigers' time outs in the last couple of minutes. He turned and walked out of screen part way through the time-out, when Anstey was drawing the play on his white board. Then, in the next play on the floor, he seemed to be disinterested. I wondered whether he wanted the play run through him and, once he knew it wasn't going to be, he lost interest.

I may have misread the body language, though, it's hard to tell. He could have just been tired - he had played 35 minutes!

Reply #383061 | Report this post

Charon 40  
Years ago

I tried to watch the game today on NBL.TV yet the coverage stopped at 3/4, has anyone else had this problem?

Reply #383072 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Just had a look, mine finishes at half time!

Reply #383082 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:39 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754