Anonymous
Years ago

Jazzmar Ferguson to the Braves (SEABL)

A big blow to the Bandits chances of defending their title with star import Jazz Ferguson moving to the Bendigo Braves in 2013.
http://www.seabl.com.au/index.php?id=257&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=6062&cHash=04fa819e94

Topic #29616 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sound similar to 2005, Shawn Redhage ready to sign back with NW TAS and Bendigo making him an offer he could not refuse.

Reply #383628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't blame him. You have to get money while you can. It is a short career

Reply #383669 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

on the grapevine been told he will now be the highest paid player in SEABL....pretty big cash being thrown at him!

Reply #383671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't you also hear on said grapevine that Tragardh was a lock to sign with the 36ers?

Reply #383675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Ferguson becomes highest paid player in the league hey, only if he's getting more than McFarlin! Common knowledge he was/is on huge $$ for SEABL.

Someone at Bendigo has contacts with deep pockets!

The two highest paid imports in the league plus good $$ for Garlepp and Tanner. Pretty sure they couldn't then have Hogan and Probert play for the live of it!?

Good luck to the players. Tough landscape for many of the other teams who can't buy a championship...

Reply #383688 | Report this post

Abc123  
Years ago

Bendigo is a HUGE basketball community and their basketball association is 1 of the biggest and most successful in Victoria. Doesn't matter how you determine success, I think Bendigo will meet all those different determining factors.

The Braves consider themselves professional, I'd say potentially the most professional team in SEABL.

I would not be surprised if the Braves had a bigger player budget than the Spirit, however, I think they have ALOT more to offer than money to their players. Like I said, the professionalism, the involvement in the community (where they are treated like superstars) and the ability to create huge hype around their home games.

Reply #383697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Garlepp's back?

Reply #383710 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:06 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754