Isaac
Years ago

Tigers vs Wildcats, Sunday at Hisense

I liked this from the NBL e-newsletter:

Don't miss the fur fly as Seth Scott, Tommy Greer and the rest of the Tigers look to show Kevin Lisch and Perth just who the top cats really are.
Those are some serious household names in Melbourne! I don't envy whoever had to pick two players to mention from the Tigers.

Anyone like Melbourne's chances or will this be a serious dismantling for the home side?

Topic #29619 | Report this topic

hoopie  
Years ago

I'd obviously love a win, but I'd be happy with losing by less than 20 against such a good TEAM.

Reply #383632 | Report this post

Whitey  
Years ago

As a tigers fan I would like us to be competive in this game, but scott isnt getting much help, and after the kings game, the cats will make sure we have trouble bringing the ball up the court.

Unfortunately the cats will put 100 on us.

Reply #383635 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

I would've mentioned Chris Andrew and D-Mac

Reply #383641 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

Anstey*

Reply #383642 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Special deal for this weekend's game at Hisense Arena as advertised in yesterday's Melbourne MX newspaper - 2 for 1 tickets from Ticketek if you quote the following code: MXTIGERS1

Reply #383644 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Could be a seriously bad crowd, even with the 2 for 1 deals.

Nothing pretty about this tigers team, no big names, no big wins, no media exposure.

Reply #383645 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Any word on Ballinger? I know he has a fitness test, just wondering if anyone has seen him training at all?

Reply #383646 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Tigers may have to run around the court with their shorts around their ankles.....they'll be lucky to score!!

Seriously though, Boti was pointing out the low scores of the last round, I think the Tigers will set a new low record this week against Perth.

Reply #383647 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

The tigers are FARRKKKEDDD> Just as farkked as Townsville in new Zealand... 20 points will be the closest this gets... but im expecting something in the 30's maybe. Id like for them to prove me wrong and have a competitive game, but melbourne and townsville are my picks for bottom 2/

Reply #383649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wish I knew there was 2 for 1 tickets, I just bought 4!!!

Reply #383651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im a cats fan, all it take's for a couple things to go the tiger's way! I just can't see any one on that team to take over and take control! Think perth will be ready any way, watched them train, there so relaxed! But on the day depends how both teams come to the game mentaly! It's on ten, so hope both teams can make a good account ove themselves!

Reply #383653 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Tigers will be 0 & 3 and the owners will be asking questions Good luck holing onto your job Chris

Reply #383655 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Isn't it on Ch 10 on Sunday at 2pm? That'll drop the crowd even more.

Reply #383665 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

This is a danger game for Perth. For the third week in a row they're playing the home teams season opener at home and I'd expect Melbourne to come out hungry and with plenty to prove.

Wildcats dont always play great ball and can go missing for large patches against all teams - even the so called easy teams. I still would expect the Wildcats to win, but not without a fight. Cats need to be on their game.

There was a news report on the game on Ch 10 in Perth yesterday and it was mentioned that a crowd of around 6000 is expected. Any truth to that rumour or are they really dreading a small crowd?

Reply #383670 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

I think the Hearses will be waiting out the front of Hisense arena after this game! Absolute mauling from the Wildcats, the Tigers will be lucky to get the ball over halfway!!!

Reply #383672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is a danger game for Perth.

The only 'danger' for Perth will be if they want to rest their starters and win by 20 or go right on with it and win by 30.

Reply #383673 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

I am with 'the Brad'... I really hope the Tigers can make more then a molestation of it

Reply #383681 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Just read the NBL email

The match will be the Tigers' first at Hisense Arena since Game Five of the 2009 NBL Grand Final series and one of seven home games at the 10-seat venue in the heart of Melbourne’s sports precinct.

Reply #383692 | Report this post

CR  
Years ago

With a bit of luck and the 2 for 1 deal ... should be a full house then ...

Reply #383693 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

Bought Gold Class tickets off Groupon the other day for $25 each. It's going to be a mess. How could Vic basketball produce such a mess of a team when we so have many great clubs?! Oh yeah :(

Reply #383728 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I am over in Victoria at the moment, got platinum tickets for the game.. Look out for 6 wildcats fans in red! Won't be hard to spot us we will be the only people with something to cheer for! Unless any other cats fans are going to the game?!

Reply #383735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last time i went 2 the cage we got bottle thrown at us got abused and an old lady traveling with us got beer dilebretly spilt on her! Will never ever go watch a game in vic! Appualing! Be carefull cats fans! Enjoy the game!

Reply #383740 | Report this post

magnum  
Years ago

Anon- Wildcats fan here living in Vic, been to all Cats games over here since 06 and never had a problem.
Sadly already have a commitment on Sunday otherwise i would have been there. Even though Tigers are struggling i agree that this could be a danger game. Teams only need to be switched of a touch and the other team may get their tail up.

Reply #383776 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

People forget that the Sixers beat Perth last year TWICE.

Wouldn't write Melbourne off (even if I have money on Perth haha)

Reply #384015 | Report this post

workhorse  
Years ago

Tigers shooting themselves in the foot with their turnovers, again.

However still well and truly in the game and a serious chance of a good upset. They certainly look much better playing at home.

Reply #384024 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Redhage is a joke. Stop flopping!

Good officiating by Aylen with the warning - he made sure everyone on the court knew about it too. "WARNING TO REDHAGE FOR FLOPPING! FLOPPPPPINGGG"

Reply #384030 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Good game!

Bonus fun I got to shoot the half court shot for $5k at quarter time! Almost got it in too

Reply #384037 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Official crowd = 5256...not bad for a team struggling with a bunch of players with next to no profile in Melbourne, and virtually no media coverage...

Reply #384042 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Much better, Tigers. There's still hope for you yet.

Reply #384089 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:56 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754