NBL Fan
Years ago

New Hope for Bullets Return!

A new group has come together trying to bring back the Bullets and they are trying to Bring them back for next season. The Brisbane Bid Group is a partnership between Basketball Queensland, Basketball Australia and a private equity investor by the name Brisbane Bullets Queensland Pty Ltd.

Read More at
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/basketball/queensland-basketball-launches-bid-to-bring-back-brisbane-bullets/story-fnanosvn-1226498697544

Topic #29623 | Report this topic

Hurls  
Years ago

I am a bit worried about dillution of talent should another melbourne team and a brisbane team enter

Reply #383690 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

I was having Billy Fikes, Ron Nunnely, Billy Wilson, Kelvin Henderson & Nathon Jones flashbacks. Was hoping for the Bridge to be back on the national stage!

Reply #383694 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Can someone put me in touch with these people. Any contact numbers, email addresses and contact names. i want to support either financially or whatever i can to a team back in brisbane. May not be my best investment but i love Basketball and i am still shattered we dont have a team in the NBL.

Reply #383712 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hurls, dilution of talent? I thought you wanted BA to find opportunities for Sudanese players?

Reply #383717 | Report this post

Chewy316  
Years ago

I agree Hurls. The league needs to stabilise itself for at least the next 2-3 seasons. The league has been chopping and changing teams for the last decade, it's got them no where. Stabilise the league in regards to talent, financials and attendance, then begin looking to expand.

Reply #383718 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Too late for either a Brisbane or Melbourne team to enter next season. When will the NBL learn that you can't just throw a franchise together in a couple of months?

Reply #383729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sitiveni - how did you go contacting the Blaze when you last called for contact details because you wanted to help?

Are you going to make a call this time?

Or are you just trying to big note yourself again?

Reply #383731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sitiveni,
If you are really serious then why don't you email the NBL about your interest?.
Chuck Harmison is a very nice man to talk to.
Go to nbl.com.au

Reply #383750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chuck Harmison: +61 2 8396 5504
[email protected]

OR

Marc Howard
+61 3 9697 4305
[email protected]

Reply #383751 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

yes, i do want them to find oppurtunities for Sudanese players but my question is where are they? they probably arent even in the official pipeline yet, i mean look at all the development players in the league and everyone involved, no sudanese.. I dont suppose there going to all of sudden find a great sudanese aussie player whos just been playing in his back yard.. they need to be put through the training and pathways and too my knowledge very few are..

Reply #383752 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Anonymous. any talks i have with people, are my business champ. Ill send Chuck an email and whatever discussions happen from there r my discussions and if i do get involved, you wont know. My company has sponsored the bullets before but how would u know if i do or dont. i have never said what my company name is here and you think my name is Sitiveni. if i said my real name and company you all would know who i am, but then i wouldnt be able to blog the way i do in here.

Reply #383753 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Just sent him an email right now.

Reply #383756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good work mate. I wish the Bullets new group all the best

Reply #383758 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Mick
Have you been hiding under a rock, Melbourne franchise was all but ready to go this season.
Had most things in place, there is another world outside of Northern Queensland.

Reply #383760 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

No, I'm talking about an official announcement and public go ahead signficantly before the team takes the court.

Follow the way the AFL introduces new clubs. Look at their timeline. It's years, not months. They are succesful for a reason...

Reply #383763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^Very funny Nutwork^^^. I enjoyed your comment, you also could have given a shout out also to: Darren Carroll, Scott Whitmore, Paul Rigoni, Mike Parsons (dearly departed) & Mike Rule. Also just for detail purposes Nathon Jones wasn't apart of that squad that finished 2nd in the CBA.

Reply #383769 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:00 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754