Spursfan
Years ago

NBL TV 36ers vs Taipans - biased commentary

I don't have to go into it, but how about the terribly biased commentary tonight? I expect it to step up a notch in the fourth quarter too.

What are your thoughts?

Topic #29647 | Report this topic

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I can't even watch the stream to hear the biased commentary. Keeps freezing. I gave up on it. Also could only get 028 Mbps when the stream did work - which only lasted 20 seconds before freezing again. So even the quality was shit. I can only change browsers/refresh/restart so many times before realizing this is a waste of time.

Sorry but so far very disappointed with nbl.tv. Right now I don't care about the commentary being biased - they're probably still better than Carfino anyway. I just want to see a game without the constant freezing.

Reply #383933 | Report this post

Wound  
Years ago

Agreed Wildcat.....the constant freezing driving me nuts! So angry! And yes my internet connection is fine.

Reply #383935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Quality was perfect for me, didn't freeze once all game. Commentary was so one sided along with the camerawork- every replay that got shown was Adelaide while Cairns were playing offense, and every time the camera went into timeouts it was the 36ers to listen to Marty.

Reply #383938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Commentry is probably biased I haven't heard it - but NBL TV has been nothing but a breeze for me and I live far away from a exchange.

Has to be the connection.

Might have to wait for the NBN (if the libs dont scrap it)!

Reply #383940 | Report this post

Noogendahl  
Years ago

Watched it fine from Sydney, only issue is iPad app seems to randomly close every 20 mins or so. Not sure if that is an ipad or app issue. The Stream was perfect aside from that.

I have no problem with 'biased' commentary, what goes around.. Did you Cairns fans hear your commentators against Hawks last week? Equally home team enthusiastic.

I expect it to continue, each team seems to have an ex-player from the Home team, so of course they are going to be somewhat one sided.

NBL.tv is great

Reply #383941 | Report this post

barefoot80  
Years ago

Since having NBL TV i have had little or no issues, every now and then it goes slightly blury but within 10 seconds its back to normal. Commentators a little biased but thats what home town commentators do.

Reply #383942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Commentary a bit biased but didnt care, could watch the whole game live. Much better than in the past.

Reply #383946 | Report this post

Pie Cart  
Years ago

Does anyone know who the commentators were??

Reply #383949 | Report this post

Billy bob  
Years ago

I was having issues with Nbl.tv with it freezing and got sick of it...went to first row stream, quality wasn't there but it didn't freeze on me

Reply #383951 | Report this post

G Rudd  
Years ago

No commentary could possibly be worse than the people who do the commentating on any sport involving the Kiwis. Pretty poor display again from the refs I thought. The 36ers lucky to get away with the win from a team who had played the night before. I have my laptop hooked up to my plasma to watch the games. Last night the Breakers/Crocs game was terrible, Cairns was a lot better, tonight the picture was crystal clear most of the time, fuzzed out occasionally. I will put up with the quality because I am so grateful to be able to watch the games live when channel 10 doesn't do the coverage. Well done to the 36ers, and GO CROCS for tomorrow.

Reply #383964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Commentators were Mike McKay and Corey Winguard.

Does anyone know what type of internet is least vulnerable to other traffic. I havent had any issues yet with NBL TV but if a lot of people on my network make it unreliable one game are 3G options or any others better?

Reply #383965 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I only have 3G Internet and get pretty slow speeds but NBL.TV has been nothing but smooth for me.

Speed test right now shows 1.75Mbps

Reply #383979 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Spursfan, have you listened to a Cairns home game? Or Carfino do any Sydney game?

Reply #383982 | Report this post

Quasi  
Years ago

I've had constant issues with freezing as well. Works fine on my iPhone, but as soon as I try to play it through the laptop to TV it's unwatchable. Really frustrating

Reply #383999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Total nerds calling them games.

Yobbos.

Reply #384559 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Working class trailer trash total nerds?

Reply #384569 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:38 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754