The Truth
Years ago

Tigers Roster

The new recruits for the tigers look really solid but their roster has some gaping holes. Burston must go - delivers nothing. What's with Greer and Rush getting minutes? Hopeless. Unsure why they signed Ballinger??

Goulding, Scott and Braswell need a tall to help with the boards.

Topic #29675 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

The imports aren't absolute standouts yet are the clear scoring leaders for the team so far. Braswell has been a good sixth man and has good hands, but isn't always a high percentage long range shot. He's backed up by a rookie. Their shooting guards are a streaky volume shooter and a kid. The small forwards are not really standouts at their spots.

Unlike OP, I like Burston in the right team (complementing a scoring big) and this front court could be alright if Ballinger was at his best. But that might take some time for Balls - only just had his first game back - two points (only two attempts from the field) in 20 minutes.

Scott and Burston are averaging 15ish RPG between them. That's OK if Ballinger is getting 5-7 alongside them.

Reply #384205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Burston has been one of their best players. Why would you want to get rid of him? Crazy

Reply #384206 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

It is time to anchor Greer to the bench and give his minutes to Walker. Walker is getting 10ppg + 4rpg in 18 minutes.

Rush is a good player. Burston is doing alright in 22 minutes.

Goulding is shooting horribly and also turning the ball over lots. Last game with 9 turnovers!

This team will be better once Ballinger gets more involved.

Reply #384208 | Report this post

The Truth  
Years ago

Agreed. Walker should get more minutes to see if he can step up.

Reply #384211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Braswell gets his citizenship and they sign another import they'll be good.
Walker deserves minutes over Greer. But the killer is Goulding. They need someone better than him to help Braswell out

Reply #384213 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

They have alot the the same type of players and lack the elite "go to" player. I like Rush but he has failed to live up to expectation since coming back from Sweden. Burston shows but could do more and Greer , Walker and Lewis are over rated and spot fillers. Seth Scott looks alright and I am not of fan of braswell. Doesnt do enough for mine. At least Goulding has a go. Bottom 2 this year I think for tigers.

Reply #384214 | Report this post

boss  
Years ago

burston has shocking footwork...thought he wouldve sorted it by now.
hopefully for the tigers sake braswell gets naturalised soon so they can get another import

Reply #384215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After 5 years of serious foot injuries I am sure your footwork would be bad too. An amazing player before his injuries. Scary how good he would have been.

Reply #384220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should of signed homicide instead of braswell and signed braswell once he got his citizenship.
Get rid of Greer too

Reply #384221 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

Why the Greer hate? I think hes fairly solid. Just a good role player... But i do agree that Lucas Walker needs more minutes.. especially now that he hits 3's.. Sam Mackinnon part 2.

Reply #384226 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Greer and Rush, just dont do it for me. Walker can play a role and he has more upside then any of those players on the bench.

Reply #384227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lachlan winter was on the bench this weekend 6'11 ais grad

Reply #384228 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I think Scott is under utilised.

He would be a high teens scorer if he was on a team with structure.

Reply #384237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

def need help in the guard positions

i think that balls will be ok once he finds his feet

lewis is not up to nbl as proven once again

Reply #384241 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Rush was one of the successes last season, and shouldn't be rejected just yet. Lewis has had to change his game and is getting better, especially from outside. Walker doesn't have enough variation yet to dominate the NBL. Burston does enough to be a good back-up but should never start. Braswell does the job, but at least he plays 'd' and tries to involve his team-mates, which is more than Homicide ever did. Goulding and Balls I'm still not convinced about. Scott I love and wish we'd had him years ago. Greer is okay for a number 9 or 10 in the roster.

Let's see what they're like at the end of the season.

Reply #384247 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

The biggest mistake they have made is having only 1 PG who can handle pressure and keep his dribble.

Tomlinson is young so he can't take the blame as he'll need time.

Look at the roster and outside braswell, Goulding, Lewis, Greer, Walker, Rush all have limited handles and when forced to dribble turn it over....every team has already started to target this area as seen with Kings & Wildcats playing with full court pressure.

Reply #384253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with OP. Burston tries hard, but cant catch! Shocking hands.

Reply #384274 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

Walker, Rush, Burston, and Balls can stay. The rest should be dumped!

Reply #384278 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

....oh...and Maybe keep Scott. I think he can do a hell of a lot more than they are letting him do

Reply #384279 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Not enough ball handling skill under pressure, across the entire roster. With this group of players, I can't see them getting the turnover issue under control.

That is, the turnover issue which has resulted in their huge turnover numbers recently.

Reply #384342 | Report this post

The Truth  
Years ago

Lewis, Rush, Burston and Greer don't deliver.

Reply #384458 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:47 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754