Anonymous
Years ago

Jack McVeigh - selection to A.I.S for 2013

A huge congratulations to Jack McVeigh on his selection to the Australian Institute of Sport. He will commence there in January 2013. Jack has been with Seahawks for 3 years and his achievements for this year alone include:

- Runaway Bay Basketball representative - Premiers U18 Premier League Cup (Bottom age player) Representative U18 South Queensland Basketball team (Bottom age player)
- National U18 Basketball tournament - Overall 6th top point scorer (17.2), 3rd top rebounder (12.4) (Bottom age player)
- Selected to be in the National Performance Program

http://www.seahawksgc.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=184&catid=3

Topic #29680 | Report this topic

The TRuth  
Years ago

Thanks to Jacks mum for posting all that info & blowing a little more smoke up your own kids back side.

Well done to jack on his achievement, best thing will be to get away from meddling parents & learn a real work ethic.

All runaway bay parents in the age group are a right royal pain in the proverbial. Just filing up message boards across the country with rubbish while they have no respect for the game or anyone who isn't involved with their own kid!

Reply #384254 | Report this post

Whitey  
Years ago

I think it is great to hear about young up and coming talent. It is part of this sites appeal to me.

But I do see your point about some people/parents very small view on our basketball community in australia, and as a volunteer coach and manager of u8's and u 10's basketball, I see alot of parents at that very early level have alot of complaints/opinions, but not any intention to get in and help or improve the system for not only our children but for our basketball players of the future.

Just my two cents.

Reply #384258 | Report this post

pps  
Years ago

above

well said if you reckon you have it bad you aint seen nothing compared to parents from sa local clubs sturt/forestville

Reply #384271 | Report this post

Whitey  
Years ago

@pps its really sad to hear this. We should all be working towards improving the oppurtunities and standard of training the grass roots players receive, not just milking resources for your child.

Reply #384315 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Agreed. Have also noticed the trend of parents who have older children who are not getting into higher divs are now becoming coaches when their younger ones start district u /10 or u /12. Getting in early so there younger ones have a chance. Skill wins out in the end I say.

Reply #384346 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

It's sad too see that someone has highlighted jacks achievement and all you other can only complain. It's a case of tall poppy sindrome if you ask me. I bet if Jack was a SA kid you would all be in support for him!

Reply #384354 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Is this his mother again??? Lol

Reply #384372 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Don't know Jack from a bar of lux - heck, don't even know where Runaway Bay is! - but congrats to him for his achievement. Smile people - life is good.

Reply #384389 | Report this post

hogwash61  
Years ago

Agree, Well done Jack. Fantastic effort. AIS don't hand out places to anyone, so the kid must have some talent. So, please stop the sniping.

Reply #385239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done to Jack! Is his place at AIS confirmed and does he start next year?

Reply #385693 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:04 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754