Isaac
Years ago

Vukona named Player of the Week for Round 3

Vukona recorded double-figures in two key statistical categories in his team's 73-71 home win over the Townsville Crocodiles on Friday. The Fijian-born star scored 15 points and amassed 15 rebounds, as well as adding three assists and three steals. He made 6-of-11 field goal attempts, shooting at an accurate 55%.
Knocked off the bottom team and was at home, but those are some decent numbers.

Runners up were Gibson (21/5/2 in a home win) and Wilson (19/5.5/3 in a 1-1 round).
Other leading contenders for Player of the Week in Round Three included Adris Deleon (Wollongong), Luke Schenscher (Adelaide), Kevin Lisch (Perth), Matt Knight (Perth), Gary Ervin (Townsville), Oscar Forman (Wollongong), Ben Madgen (Sydney), Seth Scott (Melbourne) and Kevin Braswell (Melbourne).

Topic #29686 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

I think his influence went even above and beyond those stats.

Willed his team to victory in every sense of the word.

All of his big plays came at key moments in the game to stop a Townsville run.

Reply #384311 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I agree Mick, he carried his team across the line to get the win. He was even a beast in their time outs.

Reply #384322 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The second I saw him screaming at his teammates in the timeout huddle something along the lines of, "We are not letting them come in and make us look like this on our home court!!!" after a run of passive NZ play, I knew that there was no way they were losing that game.

Wish we had someone like that in Townsville...

Reply #384325 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

You got Hinder, Mick ;)

Reply #384332 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Holmes wasn't far behind him but like you said, Mika did it when it really mattered.

Reply #384333 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Hinder does the talking, he just leaves the walking to everyone else.

Except his talking makes no sense and appears to hold little sway or motivational power with anyone else on his team, and serves no apparent purpose other than to hype himself up to the point where he is so pumped up, over-zealous and nervous he can't play anything resembling intelligent basketball.

Reply #384341 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:18 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754