The truth
Years ago

Heat Win Without Shaq

The Miami Heat have steped up to take a 3-0 lead with 102-95 win over the Wizards.. With out there star player Shaq .. Many would have thought the heat would strugle without shaq.. Alonzo Morning a season vertain who was picked up half way through the season from New Jersey Steped into shaq postion and scored 14 points and grabed 14 boards .. dwayne Wades impressive play off run continued.. 31 points ...
For the Wizards they put in a good fight but this was really one that got away ..5 players in double figures show they played a good team game ..Areans played a great game with 20 points and 14 Ast ...With the wizards now down 3-0 many wouldnt give them much of a chance at winning from here ... can anyone in the east shut down this miami team ???

Topic #2971 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

Detroit..........I honestly think the Pistons can match up and beat the Heat...will go to 7 games but Pistons will come out smiling.

Reply #33831 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Big call Bizzy ... But if any team in the East can stop shaq it would be the team that did it in the finals last season the pistons..

Reply #33833 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Pistons can team up Big Ben and Rasheed to try to stop shaq and with Rip or even Chauncy taking D-Wade, leaves people like Prince and McDyess to take whats left of the Miami team which isn't all that much when you really look at it.

Reply #33835 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Its alot easyer said then done trying to shut down shaq when he is in MVP form

Reply #33838 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Bizzy is on the money.

Big Ben can match up on Shaq in the Heats O due to his strength with a 'little help' from Sheed and Dice.

Rip and Billups can team up on Wade and run him till he drops.

Who matches on Sheed in the Pistons O, or even Dice for that matter. A lot of cheap buckets coming the Pistons way I think.

I like the Pistons over the Heat, especially with the Diesel only running on 6 of his 8 cylinders.

There is a huge difference between the Wizards and the Pistons.

Reply #33842 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

You guys are all saying Big Ben will hold Shaq fairly well but what about Alonzo Mourning?

You know the guy who got 14 and 14 when shaq was injured. Ben maybe able to slow shaq but he won't be playing 48mins against both zo and shaq who both love the physical side.

Rasheed won't be able to help out, darko? nup.

Heat in 5 (maybe 6)

Reply #33870 | Report this post

Ogre  
Years ago

14 points isn't a game winning effort id on't think they will be too worried about zo

Reply #33886 | Report this post

Considering Mourning is primarily a defensive player, 14 points helps the team immensly. Even if Ben and Rasheed double Shaq, shaq is intelligent enough to pass to the open man.

Reply #33894 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I would put Sheed in front of the current model Zo anyday of the week.

I don't think that it will be Sheed and Big Ben doubling Shaq. The more I think about it, my more I see Dice and Big Ben doubling Shaq.

Old Zo would rip Sheed a new one, and then bend him through the hole to resemble a pretzel.... Ah, the old Zo.... (still remember that series winning J when he was a Hornet vs the Celtics in the Garden to advance to the second round).

The still think the match up is in the Pistons favour.

Front court of Big Ben, Sheed, Dice, Prince and the forgotten man, Elden Campbell, VS Shaq, new Zo and Haslem. Opps forgot Laettner, that was nearly a mistake...

Rip straight up on Wade (Wade on current form is the winner), and Billups taking Jones at the PG. (Billups by a country mile). SF, Eddie Jones v Prince, sorry take Prince each time, and how can anyone forget the Human Victory Cigar, Milicic, there's 6 fouls to chuck at Shaq on top of Big Ben, Campbell, Dice and Sheed.

Reply #33909 | Report this post

shaq is a big boy, im sure he can take some hits. Plus, you cant foul him all the time... he's pretty much going to hit 50% of his foul shots and the points do rack up.

Reply #33915 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

Heat will win it, Pistons wont beable to hold shaq no matter who they put on him. Big ben might of won d-fensive player of the year. But he will not beable to contain shaq and morning. D-Wade is in great form and i can see him letting it slip when it comes to the chrunch time. Miami will get it done in 6

Reply #33930 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

miami just beat washington , without there franchise and best player in the league. Now this team is deep.

plus detroit are outmatched in every area. plus after shutting down shaq and alonzo. udonis haslem is still an awesome player.

veteran eddie jones, and ofcourse d wade.

= championship

Reply #33931 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

Sorry my last post i was ment 2 say that i cant see d-wade letting it slip.

undersized pf u are right miami = championship

Reply #33933 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Shaq's really not done much these playoffs, at the moment Wade is unquestionably the money man in that outfit. They've proven they can get the job done with Shaq not firing, will be interesting if that can continue against the Pistons.

I'm not convinced Shaq will be stepping up for some of those massive playoff numbers he has in the past, and I think the Heat may struggle over the next few rounds unless he does.

Reply #33939 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Anyone thats says the heat are Deep ... are clearly on crack .... shaq , Wade , jones , Haslem ... and thats where it ends the bench is Ordaniry at the best ... how ever the big 3 wade shaq jones is good enough to take on anyone ... Detroit is my pick to stop the heat ... But i still cant see it happening ..

Reply #34086 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

spurs to come good

Reply #34087 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Spurs wont down to seatle today seris tie 2-2 there not playing the greatest Ball at the moment hard to see them stoping shaq .. on the form there showing right now but we all know what they are capable of doing...

Reply #34089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #34573 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:53 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754