Hey I was looking up the ratings for this year in the NBL.. so far they are

In round 1, 21 thousand people tuned in for Wollongong vs Sydney
34 thousand for Adelaide vs Melbourne

Round 2, Sydney v Melbourne 49 thousand
Townsville v Perth 49 thousand

Round 3, Sydney Kings v Cairns Taipans 28 thousand
Melbourne Tigers v Perth Wildcats 81 thousand

and last night.. Melb Tigers v NZ Breakers 28 thousand

The 81 thousand of Perth and Melbourne is more then the highest ratings of last season, which was 58 thousand for game 3 of the grand final. and compring the numbers between seasons, some games the NNBL might get 9-13 thousand, and average was about 21... it seems were already averaging a few thousand more then that at this early stage... Come play off time could we be seeing 100 thousand +?

Also, do you think these are particularly good ratings for there timeslot? all I can say is they have improved...

Topic #29776 | Report this topic

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Being broadcast an hour earlier helps (930 instead of 1030) and having games shown on Ten also helps increase viewer numbers.

I think the numbers need to be around the 50,000-100,000 mark for Ten/One to be happy. But hey if they actually advertised the league a bit more, and promise not to chop and change the schedule (like last year) we might get somewhere...

Reply #384901 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

we probably can do that i mean were near the mark in half of thoes games so far without promotion..

Reply #384904 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

That's right Hurls. I am sure that those in the game would be able to estimate viewer numbers pretty well, then they would look as cross-promotion ads etc to hold or build those numbers.

Whether an audience of 30,000 is good bad or indifferent for that timeslot, they would know for sure, but surely the odd cross promotion advert on the other channels during the credit roll wouldn't hurt

Reply #384928 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:03 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754