Anonymous
Years ago

So Braswell being replaced was rubbish?

Have heard nothing in the media about this

Topic #29808 | Report this topic

ant  
Years ago

I think it was really just a Daniel Eade article.

Reply #385392 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

He won't get cut until another players can be organised...expect it to happen if they don't win this weekend.

If they sack Braswell and don't have a replacement ready by the next round it will be a blood bath with Nate "i can't dribble" Tomlinson playing the PG for a full 40 mins.

Reply #385396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happens if the Tigers lose and he gets 20 points and 7 assists?

Reply #385401 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Then they're gonna have to blame someone else?

Reply #385402 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

They should blame Trevor Gleeson.

Reply #385407 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I have heard they have signed a absolute gun who will be an excitement machine in this league but wasn't told is name. Has been delayed due to storm in NY.

Reply #385408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah sure stop talking crap

Reply #385409 | Report this post

Nate  
Years ago

Definitely true, not just Braswell but Anstey also is on the bubble.. I thought it was a bit premature but someone within the club confirmed it off the record to an associate of mine.

Reply #385416 | Report this post

Clint Dogg  
Years ago

I heard from a friend in the know that Gilbert Arenas had been contacted since his china deal fell through and he can't get a team in NBA.

LMAO he should stay away from this league for terrible American players and scrub Australians.

Reply #385417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it's not Gil but a legit NBA player seems to be lined up if he stays available

Reply #385421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rumours around are that it could very well be adam morrison!

Reply #385436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't they need a point guard though?

Reply #385438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who runs the point if they sign Morrison??

not the right fit, would be very interesting if they get a legit NBA player?

By legit do you mean a former starter?

Any names/hints?

Would be great for the league if they got a good NBA guy out here and they come with the right attitude and bring some excitement to the league!

Reply #385439 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

it's a point guard who's been hit by injury but will likely return to the NBA sometime during the season. nothing's confirmed but Braswell's most likely gone that's pretty certain, just matter of time.

Reply #385441 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Long list..

Mike James, Earl Boykins, Jonny Flynn, Sundiata Gaines, Shaun Livingston etc etc

Not saying Braswell will be released though, just saying there is a fairly long talented list.

Reply #385444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard Magic Johnson was coming out if retirement to lace them up. He can't get out of NYC due to the storm but he has commitments at the New York marathon this Sunday where he is favorite to smash the course record!

Gee half you guys speak utter tripe

Reply #385450 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Magic Johnson isn't playing anywhere at the moment.
It could be.

Reply #385499 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Oh Damm, someone already mentioned him before me.

Reply #385500 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

AI

Reply #385502 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

Always loved Earl Boykins, bring him to Melbourne haha!

Reply #385515 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Something that doesn't sit right with me....

Braswell is due to be a local any day now (so to speak), so the Tigers have a chance at signing him as a local.. If they release him now they will burn that bridge and he'll be picked up by another team next season or whenever he becomes a Kiwi.

Why would they release him now and burn that bridge?

Reply #385521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if Braswell (injured) don't get replaced for better import. Anstey might not be able to sign him up as local the way they're losing

Reply #385524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There has been a hint on another forum that it's supposedly Eddie Gill.

Reply #385538 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That was a joke.

Reply #385551 | Report this post

SABOY  
Years ago

Anstey tried out Kris Clark from Mildura before he returned to the States and has kept in touch with him if things dont go well, would be a good cheap replacement even if he does become a "local"

Reply #385553 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Kris Clark is like Kevin Smith who didn't last training camp out in Sydney...NO GOOD!!!!

These imports from Big V D1 etc aren't up to the standard required, hence they don't get picked up, h*ll even SEABL imports don't normally get a game!

Anstey is on the bubble thou and another defeat at home will force the owners hands!

Reply #385558 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If the Tigers hierarchy put Anstey in as coach expecting immediate success then they are desperately lacking in basketball nous.

Reply #385565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Braswell is injured and Anstey says he is one of their best players.

Reply #385569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You are all talking crap: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/tiger-import-kevin-braswell-plays-hurt/story-fndekpx4-1226508745375

Reply #385581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and you would trust Anstey because....?

this is the same guy who claimed he knew nothing about been the next coach and blah blah

Reply #385596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul, the owners are typical of most decision makers at clubs recently... MOST have NFI about basketball and even less about what's required to coach and be successful at an elite level.
Anstey has virtually ZERO elite coaching experience, he was the wrong person for the job but like so many clubs at NBL and SEABL level rarely do they get the RIGHT people to select the most appropriate candidate for these positions.

Reply #385600 | Report this post

BBallRUS  
Years ago

Too early to get rid of Anstey. I thought getting rid of Trevor was a mistake but that is water under the bridge. Braswell is needed. This is practically a new Tigers line-up and it will take time to get the team performing. If they can start to win at home, they will be heading in the right direction but that might not happen until the end of the season. Going to Hisense with all those empty seats was a mistake!

Reply #385605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Going to Hisense and getting over 5000 a game is one of the few trhings theyve done right this year.

Reply #385611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

going to Hisense arena giving away 1/2 of their 5000 tickets was a mistake this year

Reply #385630 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Just been done according to Roy Ward:

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/basketball/tigers-sack-import-braswell-20121105-28t4g.html

Reply #385968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As stated about 5 posts previous.....clearly you can trust everything Anstey says. Bye bye Braswell

Reply #385971 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:04 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754