Mick
Years ago

Crocs @ Tigers - Sunday Afternoon

Both teams with a big stinking goose egg in the W column. Townsville are better on paper, but seem to have lost that piece of paper altogether.

Who will get off the bottom of the table?

Topic #29834 | Report this topic

orbit  
Years ago

Tigers will get this one!

Reply #385813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL tv quality is SHiTHOUSE

Reply #385816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

terrible crocs -

Reply #385823 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

A lot of it is Ervin's fault unfortunately

Reply #385826 | Report this post

BBallRUS  
Years ago

Tigers up 71 - 55 at 3/4 time. Hopefully Tigers can manage to see this one out and get their firat win!

Reply #385829 | Report this post

Venom  
Years ago

Breakers twice, perth then 36ers - Crocs will go 0-11 based on their current form. Tigers tore them a new one

Reply #385833 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

91-66

Wow the Crocs are terrible.

Good to see Balls back in form with 23 and 7 in just over half a game.

Reply #385836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sack Woolpert to prove the point, oh and Abney, but it will make no real difference for a LONG time.
Wooplert has decimated this team and turned them into the rabble that they are.
Self serving and self importance, wont get the job done Paul. You should have put your holiday to the US 2nd to picking 2 quality imports that you failed to slect. Abney, a bust. Ervin on todays game worse.
Bye Bye. Woolpert.

Reply #385838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems there is a bit of talk around about Joey Wright.

Reply #385839 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I thought Woolpert did a good job last year of maintaining a balance between both ends of the floor, but any coach who starts a season 0-7 has to go.

See ya later mate.

Smythe will be gone at the end of the season, if not before, so if he is going to give the board any reason to not ass him for his horrible work business-wise (turning the league's most fiscally healthy club into the poorest during his tenure), he needs to at least make it look like he is doing something right basketball-wise.

Reply #385841 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

P.S. What is the NBL record for worst start to a season? They'd have to be getting close...

Reply #385842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

0-24 is the record. Woolpert won't be around that long ;)

Reply #385844 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

There is a lot of talk about joey wright at the moment! Ok, so they've lost the big red but ervin is (should be) an upgrade on gill and abney (like mims did) is coming off the bench, so why are they worse!

Reply #385847 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

*By "a lot" I meant there is a high chance of him being announced the coach of the crocs very soon!

Reply #385849 | Report this post

Ariel 92  
Years ago

Disgraceful effort by Crocs. Good team effort by tigers.

Reply #385851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only positive today was Abney stepped up for the Crocs 10pts 7reb 18minutes

Reply #385852 | Report this post

Moon  
Years ago

But most of that was in garbage time.

Michael Cedar has to go. Woolpert even giving him minutes is crazy.

Reply #385857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

M Cedar isn't the problem.

Reply #385865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

would one of the SEABL forwards they were looking at really have been worse than Abney?

Reply #385868 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Crocs are putrid. Reading the box scores is enough to make baby Jesus weep....

21 rebounds in total, 11 assists and 11 turnovers and some absolute chuckers in the squad.

I knew Ben Allen was a marshmellow, but jeez..

Reply #385872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no question that the whole Crocs organisation needs to be looked at from top to bottom.

Woolperts results taking the team to the playoffs last year were mainly due to the system that was left in place and the discipline put in place by Gleeson, at least he made those players accountable.

Smythe is too worried about getting himself in the news, how many other CEO's do we hear about or from as much as him? Sorry mate but as has been said you have taken a team that was one of the powerhouses off the court into a shambles. Their community engagement has been that terrible the last couple of years that now that they are trying to make some effort everybody is laughing it off as too little too late.

The roster is so unbalanced including without doubt the weakest front court in the league and no height across the boards, no wonder they get smashed on the rebound count every week.

The board needs to act now to enact changes otherwise if they show that they are happy with such results their fan base will be reduced even further. Sack Woolpert and Abney and put Smythe on notice to get behind the scenes and work on getting the club going in the right direction instead of getting in front of the cameras and big noting yourself.

Reply #385878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly.

Shake up in front office needed. smythe needs to go.

Reply #385910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only positive today was Abney stepped up for the Crocs 10pts 7reb 18minutes

Abney had 10 points & 2 rebounds, not 7 boards.

Reply #385915 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can we put Mick on suicide watch?

Mick, remembering arguing about the Crocs' frontcourt strength? Lost the boards 45-21!

Someone said Cedar isn't the problem, but I don't think he's the solution either. They have a few players that other teams wouldn't rush to take off them.

Crocs' chairman is quoted in the Bulletin as saying Woolpert's job is safe, denied the Wright rumour. Said they'd also honour contracts with players. Reckons they'll turn it around. If the upcoming schedule someone else posted is correct, ouch.

Reply #385920 | Report this post

mycrf  
Years ago

Welcome back Balls!!!! glad to see u in the city of Melbourne.

Reply #385924 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Isaac: the bigs are failing in all the effort areas. They had a chance to be a middle-rung frontcourt but right now they are the worst in every way and it's not even close. The other factor on the rebound count is that the backcourt is so undersized and overstaffed and Woolpert is sometimes playing three PGs at the same time, for some unknown reason that borders on insanity. What you will notice as a trend is opposing 1s and 2s having career nights on the boards as well as the frontcourt. It's just a shambles.

Reply #385926 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

What concerns me is that the Crocs have a pretty soft run home, so they will get a few wins at the end of the season to make them look better than they are. At this point I hope they keep losing so the board makes the big (and right) decisions.

Reply #385927 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

So Mick
You are not really a Crocs supporter. You hope they lose! The club actually needs supporters now more than ever. Without looking too closely, you have last years playoff team plus Hinder and 2 new imports.
Earlier on you were singing the praises of your roster. Back them and the coaches in, they have proven they can get the job done. Give them support in tough times, thats what sport and being a supporter is all about.

Reply #386006 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

"they have proven they can get the job done"

when was that?

Reply #386008 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Don't tell me how to support this team.

I have been to the majority of home games in every season since Townsville first entered the league. I have sat through a lot of doomed campaigns in those early days with terrible players that had no place in professional basketball but nothing comes close to this botch job. Both in terms of the cheap roster, and the complete lack of effort from the players. They are not a star studded team, but on top of that, they are lazy & underachieving.

I will tell you what they proved last season. They proved that with that roster they lacked inside scoring to mix it with the top clubs. That was even WITH Luke Schenscher. So what did they do to address it? Let the Big Red walk and replaced him with nobody. So you have a problem, and you let the only person who was helping to solve that problem go, and then you do nothing to replace him, let alone closing the gap to where we should have been had he STAYED (ie. Schensch PLUS an import big who could score).

Everything since last season ended has been an exercise in cheapness and for people who have supported this team for two decades, it's pretty tough to swallow.

It's pretty tough to have Cairns fans come in and embarass us in our own half-empty building because the current regime has done such a bad job of connecting with the non-basketball-fan portion of the community.

0-7.

Reply #386014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah it's not as if the Croc supporters have ever been polite towards the Taipans fans, and make no mistake now that the show is on the other foot the Crocs fans don't like what they used to dish out themselves.
Enjoy the spoon.

Reply #386036 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Pffft. I commend the Cairns fans for cheering on their team in away venues. I would do the same if I ever went to Cairns for a game. That's what supporting your team is about.

The thing I do find funny though is how passionately they hate Townsville, when Townsville fans hold no such disdain for Cairns above what they do for any other club. It's pretty one sided. Some Cairns fans go around trolling the Townsville Bulletin website's comments section. It's great.

Reply #386042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would Gleeson take over the Crocs again? He was a much better coach imo, plus they need to spend more either get another Aussie big to basically replace Schensch or upgrade Abney to a stud import.

Reply #386053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And they will still be terrible.

Reply #386057 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The on-court product last year was better than anything Gleeson put together. Gleeson never got the most out of any of his players, he always put them in positions within the offense that didn't suit them. (purely only comparing to Woolpert's campaign last year, this year is obviously a joke)

The problem is they have already done their big move in dumping both imports. I think they will just ride the season out now, and deal with it in the offseason.

"What is the point of spending extra money when you can't even make the playoffs?" will be the mantra.

I don't think a coaching change is what they need. They need a major roster shake up.

Reply #386060 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Mick
With your expertise and knowhow, perhaps you should give Ian S a call and offer your services as coach.
But then again you may be better qualified asd g.m.

Reply #386228 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

With your expertise as an internet troll, you might be qualified to...be a sad, lonely, pathetic loser?

Reply #386284 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:01 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754