Yep that's Lance talking!

Reply #385875 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

Quality!

Reply #385876 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

The best NBL add I have ever seen.... Its about time other teams do this kind of shit

Reply #385880 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Brilliant ad. Love the view of the Kembla Copper stack from King George V Park at Port Kembla.

That's the spirit of Wollongong.

Reply #385882 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

And to think, any NBL team could have a professionally made video like that for only a few thousand...

Reply #385895 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

I want Hawks to do more, itll force other sides to lift there game

Reply #385898 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

so the NBL will not want to promote it ... because the Hawks used a Molten ball... my guess.

Reply #385922 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Great stuff, reminds me of the quality some of those Blaze ones were.

Reply #385930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A lot like the blaze ones, very good, just a shame they werent professional enough to get the ball right!

Reply #385935 | Report this post

John Salmons  
Years ago

Looks like the NBL player involved is using the spalding ball.

Reply #385936 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Best advert ive seen in the NBL in 25 years of being involved in the sport.Well done.

Reply #385941 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Do people really think this is that good? Its good, and very well produced, but what does it actually achieve? Will it pull people to a game? Does it bleed Wollongong?

This is a really really hard space I reckon. You spend what limited resources you have to an end - what is the end with this?

Reply #385953 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The end is not appearing to be an amateur organisation.

Uni students can produce this kind of stuff for free. It's not expensive, it just takes TASTE and STANDARDS, something that most clubs lack sorely.

Reply #385957 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers should do one with Cory and the boys having a sesh.

Reply #385959 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Hey Brew, I wish it was "stronger".

Reply #385964 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Mick, you produce a video just to show you are not amateur?

Reply #385974 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

No, I am not a corporation. I have nothing to market.

Reply #385996 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Also good to see Hurdle giving Zac Delaney a helping hand...

Reply #385998 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Does anybody know who produced that clip?

Reply #386009 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

The video is clearly based on showin it's community ties with the club as Wollongong. Will it pull extra heads? Possibly... Will it grow the teams brand recognition? Hell yes

Reply #386012 | Report this post

John Salmons  
Years ago

Happy Days. copied from the youtube description

Become a Member today! - http://hawks.com.au/membership

Video was filmed and directed by No Limit Pictures - http://www.nolimitpictures.com.au/

In addition special thanks to Rory from LAWW Media for allowing us to use his great Funnel Web Dolly system.

DOP . Daniel Cartwright
Director . Declan Maloney

Thank you also to i98fm for allowing time in their studio to record voice over audio.

Music licensed by themusicbed.com

Reply #386016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there have been plenty of other adds for teams in the nbl, this is not the best at all.

Reply #386032 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

The goal is to bring the Hawks community/Wollongong together behind the Stronger slogan..

In under 24 hours i've already seen countless tweets from fans of the Hawks and some that are not even in this country, tweeting about how much the video moved them, how much they love the video, that they've watched it countless times and one girl/lady even saying that she was going through a hard time at home and the video has inspired her to "get off her arse" as she said.. People relate to things on different levels.

What's it achieved so far? I think club pride and more of a family feel amongst Hawks fans.. Something a few clubs could do with right now.

Reply #386086 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Dont worry mate, I think it's intention is pretty obvious and it's pretty well done. It should add nicely to the momentum that is building in the Gong.

Reply #386089 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Imagine a Sixers "inspire" campaign with Luke as the poster boy playing on the courts down South with the refinery towers in the background.

To get the women folk on board, throw in a couple of shots of a topless, sweaty Adam Gibson in the gym.

I'm sure the design and media students at Uni of SA would do something as a project if the Sixers asked the lecturer nicely. Music by Skip of course.

Reply #386095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is a great add, would be good to see the old snake pit in there a bit though and possibly some players who have been at the club longer than 5 mins, otherwise great stuff. just wish there was more of a call to action at the end of it.

Reply #386123 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

"just wish there was more of a call to action at the end of it."

really? are you american?

The reason this clip works so well is because it is implied, not in your face like everything that is american produced.

Reply #386146 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

pwned... why does someone asking for a call to action make them American?

Reply #386156 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A call to action need not be explicit.

Reply #386161 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

Its a great add. Im a 6er fan for life but it almost makes me want to support the hawks.

Reply #386170 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:29 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754