Worst Basketball stadium in metro Adelaide???

Whats the WORST basketball stadium in Adelaide?

So far for me it would be Hillcrest, Marion and Port Adelaide.

Topic #29839 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Mate, you can't have 3, need to pick 1.

Reply #385884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

marion is the worst, hillcrest slightly better and port only avoids worst because it has 3 courts and viewing space.

Reply #385885 | Report this post

Alright. Its Marion. Sooooo small.

Reply #385886 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Port Adelaide: Slippery floors, but at least spectators can sit without their feet on court. If you're lucky you find a half smoked fag in the car park and can smoke the rest. Probably not a good idea to skull the iced coffee container you find. You can get a good coffee and half stale donut on a Friday night.

Marion: Ceiling looks like it is about the collapse and one time I was there there was a possum in the rafters. Poor spectator seating + you can't walk from one end to the other during a game without walking in front of the coach, or walking on court. The scorebench is tight and seating pretty average.

Hillcrest: Carpark is woeful. Holes and uneven surface is a accident waiting to happening. The only people happy with the lighting standard are the local muggers and molesters. Inside, they obviously used the same architect and floor plan as Hillcrest.

Based on the dodgy carpark, Hillcrest would need to be the voted the worst basketball stadium.

Reply #385888 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

Didnt realise there were places worse then Turramurra, Burragah or Ingle Farm?

Reply #385890 | Report this post

We're mostly talking about district basketball stadiums....

But feel free to include a desdription about those stadiums

Reply #385894 | Report this post

Pie Cart  
Years ago

Marion by far ,get it demolished and a stadium with a two court wider spaces its time the local government would assist sporting stadiums or leave it like it is for another 30 years.I Played in 1987 for Bearcats and still same stadium today.My friends kids will only play at Mars Wayville or Pasadena and Vale the family usally bypass shitty stadiums whereas the kids would call in sick because the kids know its unsafe place to play,fear of getting injured where there is limit of space on sidelines.

Reply #385902 | Report this post

I forgot about St Clair.....
WORST STADIUM EVER

Reply #385906 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

seriously pie poof?kids wont play in these stadiums ?obviously related to you.Jack,stating molesters are at certain stadiums is wrong and very vindictive coming from a boy who wears makeup and idolizes make believe movie villains ?

Reply #385911 | Report this post

russell coight  
Years ago

all 4 mentioned - ? I think they do not have proper FIBA dimensions.

Reply #385913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marion and Hillcrest are still as they were in late 70's

Reply #385934 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Hillcrest Stadium.

Damage all over inside and out.

Reply #385948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marion, Port because of the side lines on court 2 make it impossible to shoot corner 3's without being out of bounds

Reply #385975 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Anon, I am not stating that molesters are at certain stadiums.

There is an Australian Standard for illumination of carparks. Hillcrest carpark is well below that minimum lux value.

When carparks are poorly lit, they are dangerous.

Reply #385976 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

It is Walford High School - we played SACBA this year. Worst hoops in the history of basketball. The hoops were not regulation size, they were as thin as netball rings and the net was tied directly to the hoop.

Reply #385989 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

No 2 court at the old Forestville Stadium - first it was cement, secondly the grandstand from court 1 hung over the court, third, the sideline between court 1 and 2 was a solid panel about 1 foot from the edge of the court.

Reply #386005 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

LOVED Court 2 at Forestville...where else but the place of one-way freeways

Reply #386011 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

Hillcrest by far

Reply #386018 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Central's old stadium was pretty bad, the old Rec centre I think?

Reply #386022 | Report this post

russell coight  
Years ago

left many a layer of skin on the cement at court 2 at forestville )

Reply #386062 | Report this post

Dt  
Years ago

I remember having to duck under the walk way under the tram line on the way into old Forrestville stadium court 2 bad, but I think Hillcrest out ranks Marion as the worst only just though.

Reply #386124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is so bad about port adelaide, fare enough bagging court 3 but if you are good enough you get to play court 1 which is not slippery and has glass backboards. Morphet Vale no glass backboards and the worst court to get grip on is mt barker or st clair from my experiences.

Reply #386130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Port Adelaide would have to be the worst... the floors are that bad, takes 2 hours to recover after refereeing on them on a Friday night, they are that bad on the knees, ankles and shins.

Reply #386132 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

if a sprung wooden floor is hurting your knees, ankles and shins' it may be time to hang up the whistle???

Reply #386162 | Report this post

Exp  
Years ago

Perhaps try and sweep them before games like refs used too.

Reply #386209 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

played social bball at gawler starplex and parafield gardens and both were great/very good respectively.

played one game at st clair and never went back. lol. it was shocking. bad floor, bad backboards ,rims, lights were dim. gave me a whole new respect for parafield gardens lol.

Reply #386231 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Played 1 season for my work team in the early 1970's on the number 4 court off to the side at St Clair - the roller skating rink the rest of the week. Couldnt go for a 3 point shot there as the ball would hit the roof with my normal loop. The next year, played at Apollo Stadium in the first season or 2 that it was opened when playing for South Adelaide Metro B team. Used to jump a foot higher there.

Reply #386236 | Report this post

Lucy  
Years ago

Heard someone lost a nissan micra in one of the holes in the Marion carpark during a storm this year. Bloody disgrace and dangerous. The canteen never has hot food and the drink machines are usually empty. Court surface is bearable.

Reply #386346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mars stadium is the worst, the courts are slippery as hell!

Reply #404036 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:50 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754